ISS earth viewing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2014, 04:52 PM
ISS earth viewing
A live stream of the International Space Station

http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like CindysRain's post
03-06-2014, 07:10 PM
RE: ISS earth viewing
Good bye geocentrism

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
03-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Another fun fact. You can sign up on NASA's website by filling out your area information and they will send you alerts with the ISS is visible. Generally something that would be best viewed with a telescope, but still cool.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
03-06-2014, 08:16 PM
(03-06-2014 08:05 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Another fun fact. You can sign up on NASA's website by filling out your area information and they will send you alerts with the ISS is visible. Generally something that would be best viewed with a telescope, but still cool.

It's too fast - binoculars are best. Thumbsup

This is a good resource.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-06-2014, 09:29 PM
(03-06-2014 08:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 08:05 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Another fun fact. You can sign up on NASA's website by filling out your area information and they will send you alerts with the ISS is visible. Generally something that would be best viewed with a telescope, but still cool.

This is a good resource.

I wouldn't say too fast since people snag pics all the time. But you've gotta be pretty damn good at calculating it.

That said, for simply observing, yes, binocs. I wish I had the patience that some of these guys have...
[Image: iss_atlantis_2010_crop.jpg]

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
03-06-2014, 09:52 PM

This is a good resource.

A friend of mine pointed at a twinkling star and claimed it was the ISS, I said I thought it would be moving pretty fast to maintain orbit, or a least faster then stationary.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
03-06-2014, 11:07 PM

This is a good resource.

Nice, a location look up. I love this Chas.....thanks!

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
03-06-2014, 11:09 PM
(03-06-2014 09:52 PM)sporehux Wrote:  A friend of mine pointed at a twinkling star and claimed it was the ISS, I said I thought it would be moving pretty fast to maintain orbit, or a least faster then stationary.
LaughatLaughatLaughat

04-06-2014, 10:55 AM
Yeah like any artificial satellite you'll definitely see it moving. It will be out of sight in a few minutes.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
05-06-2014, 11:55 PM
(04-06-2014 10:55 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  ... Yeah like any artificial satellite you'll definitely see it moving. It will be out of sight in a few minutes.

Except for those geosynchronous satellites. They tend to stick in the sky where all those TV dishes are pointed.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post