IT BURNS!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2014, 11:07 AM
RE: IT BURNS!!!
(19-04-2014 09:47 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I'm at my parents house for easter, I already had three religious arguments with them, today my dad came back with a bottle of holy water from mass and sprinkled me while I was making dinner.

I don't know why he did such thing, but it burned a little Evil_monster

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2014, 04:16 AM
How did all this end up?

Yes we all know about the TAINTED YOUTUBE!!! Evil_monster

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-04-2014, 05:57 AM
(19-04-2014 09:47 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I'm at my parents house for easter, I already had three religious arguments with them, today my dad came back with a bottle of holy water from mass and sprinkled me while I was making dinner.

I'm not trying to insinuate anything, but does your family start these arguments? I'm glad that religious stuff doesn't come up at my family gatherings much.

I thin the weirdest thing with my family and religion is that I get the feeling my parents are trying to pretend I'm not atheist. I told them two or three years ago and Dad made it sound like he thought I was going through a phase of "more doubt" (as in he goes through periods or more or less doubt himself). We never talked about it for some time, and a few months ago we were talking about charitable giving. I mentioned how I'd stopped donating to church and redirected my money elsewhere. Dad asked why I stopped donating to church and I matter-of-factly said "because I don't believe in God anymore". They just go real quiet and changed the subject. It's weird.

(19-04-2014 10:08 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I'd lose my shit if my parents tried to sprinkle holy water on me Facepalm

Given all the fecal bacteria in the holy water fonts, this might not be far from the truth.
21-04-2014, 11:44 AM
(21-04-2014 04:16 AM)Banjo Wrote:  How did all this end up?

Yes we all know about the TAINTED YOUTUBE!!! Evil_monster

I survived, I returned to my house last night, everything was peaceful. A successful weekend if you ask me Smile

(21-04-2014 05:57 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

I'm not trying to insinuate anything, but does your family start these arguments? I'm glad that religious stuff doesn't come up at my family gatherings much.

I thin the weirdest thing with my family and religion is that I get the feeling my parents are trying to pretend I'm not atheist. I told them two or three years ago and Dad made it sound like he thought I was going through a phase of "more doubt" (as in he goes through periods or more or less doubt himself). We never talked about it for some time, and a few months ago we were talking about charitable giving. I mentioned how I'd stopped donating to church and redirected my money elsewhere. Dad asked why I stopped donating to church and I matter-of-factly said "because I don't believe in God anymore". They just go real quiet and changed the subject. It's weird.

Usually is my mom, my dad knows better than to ask for answers he doesn't want hear.
One of the arguments started when my mom came and invited me to go to mass with them because she "knows I'm suffering". I was just browsing 9gag at the moment and just stared at her and asked her why did she think that. She said she know I must be in constant pain because I'm far from god and the church.
I usually try to be polite and don't stir the pot, but I couldn't not laugh at it, told her that she was wrong, and asked her why would I suffer by being far from an institution that says I'm a sinner and "fallen" since birth. She didn't expect that so I took the opportunity to just end the conversation, I didn't want to escalate things, she can get very passionate about religion.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]