IT HAPPENED 0_0

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2012, 11:53 AM
RE: IT HAPPENED 0_0
When I was in Italy there was a whole new world of benign religious things. It's filled with religious aspects they are everywhere, but it's not anywhere close to as in your face as midwest USA. There is no denying the history that religion has, but the present can often be quite different than what history suggests.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2012, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 12:07 PM by Chas.)
(10-07-2012 11:33 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Until the 1960s, Québec was an intensely religious place; Catholic. The vast majority of towns are called Saint something. This all changed in the 1960s. To understand that change, one needs to know about two things: Maurice Duplessis and the Quiet Revolution.

The language issue is it's own thing entirely and it's about as complex as it gets. This woman's bilingualism, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with her evangelism. To understand the relationship, one needs to know about two things: the last few hundred years of Québec and Canadian history (which takes a long time to sift through) and the Two Solitudes.

Oh, and Lilith, if you didn't see any signs of religious influence in Montreal, they you simply weren't trying Cool

[Image: st-joseph-oratory.jpg]
[Image: cross2b.jpg]

[Image: montreal%2Bnotre%2Bdame%2Bbasilica.JPG]

Oooooooooooo, the last one, the Basillica, is where Céline Dion got married. Ooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

And if there's one person in Québec who's bigger than Jesus, it's Céline!

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
When I was an undergraduate at McGill, a group of us would climb Mount Royal and modify that enormous (about 7 or 8 stories tall) cross. The first couple of times, we turned off bulbs leaving behind a giant question mark. Another time, we added some sockets and wire and made it say 'TILT', like a giant pinball machine.
That prank made it into the next day's Montreal Gazette, with a picture. Smartass
We took a year off when there was martial law in Quebec as we didn't want to get ourselves shot by the soldiers stationed on the mountain.
The last one we did, we made it say 'FUCK'. Didn't make it into the Gazette. Weeping

We called ourselves the Cross Country Team.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
10-07-2012, 12:04 PM
(10-07-2012 10:47 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Coulez une vache, s'il vous plait. All the French you need for them peeps. Thumbsup
Drinking Beverage

Google Translate: Pour a cow please.

Huh

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-07-2012, 12:19 PM
They all understand this -> No
With the international hand signal for "go do something with yourself".
A short house coat while not wearing underwear works also. Shocking

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
10-07-2012, 12:21 PM
I would answer naked but it's apparently not approved of.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
10-07-2012, 12:21 PM
(10-07-2012 12:04 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 10:47 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Coulez une vache, s'il vous plait. All the French you need for them peeps. Thumbsup
Drinking Beverage

Huh
Yeah, that's what I said... Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
10-07-2012, 12:24 PM
(10-07-2012 11:33 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Oooooooooooo, the last one, the Basillica, is where Céline Dion got married. Ooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my Gwynnies... Dodgy

Being a prophet killed that shit for me. Can't stand any religious structures. Sadcryface

10-07-2012, 12:45 PM
(10-07-2012 12:04 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
Drinking Beverage

Huh
Ha - my widget translates: Run a cow, please.

Maybe you want: Baisez une vache!

Although, why a cow? No offense to Itsacow - I mean, why not a cow, FFS?!

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
10-07-2012, 01:01 PM
(10-07-2012 12:45 PM)kim Wrote:  Although, why a cow? No offense to Itsacow - I mean, why not a cow, FFS?!

Exactly. Thumbsup

It's fuck a cow, so when you tell peeps, they hafta stop and process it. Big Grin

10-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Va niquer une vache.

Least that,s how I'd put it, but my French sucks.

So many cats, so few good recipes.