IT'S TIME

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2015, 01:58 AM
RE: IT'S TIME
(03-06-2015 11:05 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Too much emphasis will be put on the dog (whom will be your "companion") which will ultimately be disappointing because nobody gives a shit about companions.

Well, we can't all be horrible narcissists muffs... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
04-06-2015, 02:30 AM
(03-06-2015 11:05 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 08:17 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  FALLOUT 4 BITCHES!

[Image: Capture03.png]

Too much emphasis will be put on the dog (whom will be your "companion") which will ultimately be disappointing because nobody gives a shit about companions.

How DARE you disparage Dogmeat 2.0!!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-06-2015, 03:07 AM
(03-06-2015 11:05 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Too much emphasis will be put on the dog (whom will be your "companion") which will ultimately be disappointing because nobody gives a shit about companions.

Oh really now.
[Image: 0000k837]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
04-06-2015, 08:10 AM
(04-06-2015 01:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Well, we can't all be horrible narcissists muffs... Drinking Beverage

You don't need to be narcissistic, you just need to hate stupid gimmicks that are unneeded and will prove to be nothing but a pain in the ass.

Take The Wicther 3 for example, what's the worst (and really only downside) thing about that game? Roach. The horse. He's sluggish and he can get in the way and get stuck etc...

[Image: oscar.png]
04-06-2015, 08:14 AM
Though I liked Fallout 3, the companion system was pretty much a pain in the ass. I really liked it in Fallout Vegas, however. Easier to micromanage them thus reducing the chances of them being dumb shits and screwing things up, and they actually had interesting stories.

Even back in Fallout 2 the companion system was workable so long as you never made the mistake of giving them burst weapons.

'Murican Canadian
04-06-2015, 09:46 AM
(04-06-2015 08:10 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 01:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, we can't all be horrible narcissists muffs... Drinking Beverage
You don't need to be narcissistic, you just need to hate stupid gimmicks that are unneeded and will prove to be nothing but a pain in the ass.

Dogmeat has been in just about every Fallout game, so the idea of making you more invested in the canine instead of making it an entirely useless, disposable, and often tactical liability, is anything but gimmicky.

Dogmeat in the original Fallout, where he follows you around without any controls, input, or upgrade-ability? Where keeping him alive through the end of the game should be an achievement, because the dog has zero ability to survive fights that include power armor and rocket launchers?

How about in Fallout 2, where you can only recruit him from a special and rare random encounter, and even then it requires a trick (un-equipping your armor to show him your Vault-Suit underneath) in order to get him to join your party?

Those were gimmicks. Dogmeat was a joke, but an endearing one. I just hope they have him do more than the dog from Dragon Age 2 or Fable 3.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-06-2015, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2015 09:54 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(04-06-2015 08:14 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Though I liked Fallout 3, the companion system was pretty much a pain in the ass. I really liked it in Fallout Vegas, however. Easier to micromanage them thus reducing the chances of them being dumb shits and screwing things up, and they actually had interesting stories.

Even back in Fallout 2 the companion system was workable so long as you never made the mistake of giving them burst weapons.

Many of the people who worked on Fallout 1 & 2 under Black Isle now hold senior positions at Obsidian Entertainment, the developers of New Vegas. Arguably one of the most important of which is lead designer and writer Chris Avellone.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-06-2015, 10:34 AM
Pretty much all games now days should be aiming for equivalents or improvements of:

- terrain deformation of Fracture
- destructability of Red Faction or Breach
- fire propagation of Far Cry
- NPC physical reactions (euphoria) of GTA
- NVidia Hairworks.

And yes, I'm serious about the hairworks, at least for Dogmeat's sake... Cause he is entirely too flat and muddy.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
04-06-2015, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2015 10:41 AM by Free Thought.)
(04-06-2015 10:34 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Pretty much all games now days should be aiming for equivalents or improvements of:

- NVidia Hairworks.

And yes, I'm serious about the hairworks, at least for Dogmeat's sake... Cause he is entirely too flat and muddy.

GTA's NPC physics?

No thanks... I'm not too keen on the idea of killing raiders and having their bodies become QWOP.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-06-2015, 10:56 AM
(04-06-2015 10:37 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 10:34 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Pretty much all games now days should be aiming for equivalents or improvements of:

- NVidia Hairworks.

GTA's NPC physics?

No thanks... I'm not too keen on the idea of killing raiders and having their bodies become QWOP.

I don't know what that acronym is...

But I meant living NPC physical reactions. When they're bumped or shot or punched, they react realistically. When they fall, they try to catch themselves or reach for something to grab...