IT'S TIME

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2015, 01:45 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2015 02:13 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: IT'S TIME

If you can, watch the archived event on Twitch, as it runs at 60FPS and makes DOOM and Fallout 4 look even better.

[Image: 32b.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
15-06-2015, 01:52 AM
[Image: stop_penis_erect_archer.gif]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-06-2015, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2015 03:57 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(14-06-2015 09:56 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  AND NOVEMBER 10 2015...

I am so excite.

That just seemed ugly and honest. Not like that prerendered trailer for Dishonored 2, or should I say, Dishonest 2.

Doom LOOKED incredible, which made Fallout 4 look even more dated. But dayum, Fallout has everything I want, and Doom had very little beyond it's shiny veneer.

While you should always keep in mind that pre-rendered trailers are pre-rendered, also remember that this is Arkane Studios. They have an excellent track record (Arx Fatalis, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Dishonored) , and they used a similar pre-rendered trailer to debut the last game. Not only that, but almost everything seen in that trailer (blink, jump kills, time freeze, Tallboys, etc.) made it into the game, just not at pre-rendered quality. So while I'm a bit skeptical of seeing the massive transforming room in real-time, I don't doubt that Emily's powers represent her actual gameplay. I don't expect the game to look as good as the trailer, but then again, nobody should. Short of it being an unmitigated disaster at launch, I'll be getting this game, and I've loved their previous work and the first Dishonored is one of my all time favorites. Plus, you get to play as Emily or Corvo, so fuckin' eh!

As for DOOM, I couldn't have cared less about it, until I saw the event. Not only was it gorgeous, but it also looks like a breath of fresh air to focus back on old-school sensibilities and get away from the regenerative-health and hiding behind chest-high-walls that has dominated FPS design for the last console generation. It looks fast, it looks bloody, it looks good, and it looks damn fun. Also the prospect of community made content created by a robust set of user-friendly tools and shared with others online? I still remember earlier iteration of systems like this for old games like Time-Splitters and the FarCry Instincts console series. So yeah, now I'm interested in the next DOOM, mission accomplished Bethesda.

Finally Fallout 4. The graphics look great, especially considering it is just an updated Creation Engine (i.e. TESV: Skyrim). Does it look as good as The Witcher 3? Uh, what does? Not only that, but who the fuck cares? It looks great for what it is, a next-generation open-world game from Bethesda. Not only that, but the engine is also dynamic, allowing for the real-time in-game construction of whole settlements complete with customizable power nodes and logic systems. If they keep on par with their previous games, the NPC's of Fallout 4 will also be far more dynamic, interacting with the world and having their own routines. The Witcher 3 looks great, but it's NPC's are even more static and less interactive than what we saw in TESIV: Oblivion, let alone Fallout 3 and Skyrim. Plus, nobody builds more beautiful and live-in worlds to lose yourself in than Bethesda; Bioware and CD Project RED might come close, but Bethesda's forte has always been world building.

Also, PIPBOY EDITION!?

[Image: fallout4-pipboy-device-real.jpeg]

[Image: my_body_is_ready.png]

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-06-2015, 04:43 AM
THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
15-06-2015, 04:46 AM
I CAN BUILD MY OWN MOTHERFUCKING PLASMA RIFLE

[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
15-06-2015, 05:59 AM
(15-06-2015 03:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-06-2015 09:56 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  AND NOVEMBER 10 2015...

I am so excite.

That just seemed ugly and honest. Not like that prerendered trailer for Dishonored 2, or should I say, Dishonest 2.

Doom LOOKED incredible, which made Fallout 4 look even more dated. But dayum, Fallout has everything I want, and Doom had very little beyond it's shiny veneer.

While you should always keep in mind that pre-rendered trailers are pre-rendered, also remember that this is Arkane Studios. They have an excellent track record (Arx Fatalis, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Dishonored) , and they used a similar pre-rendered trailer to debut the last game.

I really enjoyed the first Dishonored. Still, prerendered trailers are completely bullshit. At this point, there's no way to tell how it looks, and the first one didn't exactly wow with its visuals. The art style was nice, but the tech was pretty lame.
15-06-2015, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2015 10:31 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(15-06-2015 05:59 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(15-06-2015 03:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  While you should always keep in mind that pre-rendered trailers are pre-rendered, also remember that this is Arkane Studios. They have an excellent track record (Arx Fatalis, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Dishonored) , and they used a similar pre-rendered trailer to debut the last game.

I really enjoyed the first Dishonored. Still, prerendered trailers are completely bullshit. At this point, there's no way to tell how it looks, and the first one didn't exactly wow with its visuals. The art style was nice, but the tech was pretty lame.

Pre-rendered trailers are not bullshit, so long as they're not trying to imply that it is anything but. It gets people excited and gets awareness out there, it is not trying to sell the actual graphics of the game to you. The Dishonored 2 trailer, being obviously pre-rendered and not presented as anything but, is perfectly acceptable. You cross the line with things like the recent Star Wars: Battlefront trailer that went out of it's way to put 'game engine footage' on what was a heavily scripted, and not at all representative of actual game play, game trailer that ended with an advert about pre-ordering the game for exclusive in-game do-dads.

The Dishonored 2 trailer was fine, the Battlefront trailer is a prime example of bullshot.

15-06-2015, 07:52 AM
Totally called that shit with the dog. Drinking Beverage
15-06-2015, 09:19 AM
(15-06-2015 07:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Totally called that shit with the dog. Drinking Beverage

Congrats. You "predicted" the improvement of a feature that already existed in Fallout 3 on launch and was also implemented in Skyrim. You're talking like Dogmeat is a mandatory companion that can't be dismissed.

15-06-2015, 09:45 AM
I may just bypass the XBox One and dump a few grand into a new gaming laptop.

'Murican Canadian