IT'S TIME

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2015, 02:45 AM
RE: IT'S TIME
(15-06-2015 11:36 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(15-06-2015 11:30 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Lol yeah... Right... The XBO is totally going to run that high resolution texture mod like a dream.

It is good for little mods that use game assets though, which is better than no mods. I remember Unreal Tournament 3 on PS3 had mod and mouse/kb support.

Step in a good direction none the less.

Agreed. Looking on the bright side, no jerks will ask "Can I use this mod on Xbox 360?" anymore. I hope.

This doesn't change that Bethesda still hates making games for Sony though.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2015, 02:49 AM
(15-06-2015 09:54 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(15-06-2015 09:19 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Congrats. You "predicted" the improvement of a feature that already existed in Fallout 3 on launch and was also implemented in Skyrim. You're talking like Dogmeat is a mandatory companion that can't be dismissed.

But who would want to get rid of Dogmeat anyway?

Aside from Fawkes, Godteam was best companion.

Hey now, I never complained about it. Just looking to prove a point.

Still, nothing beats the team of ED-E with his enhanced sensors and mounted alien blaster, plus Boone armed with the All American; even if NV wasn't a pure Bethesda game.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
16-06-2015, 04:42 AM
(16-06-2015 02:49 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(15-06-2015 09:54 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  But who would want to get rid of Dogmeat anyway?

Aside from Fawkes, Godteam was best companion.

Hey now, I never complained about it. Just looking to prove a point.

Still, nothing beats the team of ED-E with his enhanced sensors and mounted alien blaster, plus Boone armed with the All American; even if NV wasn't a pure Bethesda game.

Boone with the All-American? I never actually thought to rearm Boone... But, to be honest, I only kept him around for his Spotter perk, which allowed me and my Anti-Materiel rifle to do his work ten times as well.

But for the sake of argument, I bet the Legendary Cazador or Deathclaw could beat that team.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
16-06-2015, 05:25 AM
(16-06-2015 04:42 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(16-06-2015 02:49 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Hey now, I never complained about it. Just looking to prove a point.

Boone with the All-American? I never actually thought to rearm Boone... But, to be honest, I only kept him around for his Spotter perk, which allowed me and my Anti-Materiel rifle to do his work ten times as well.

But for the sake of argument, I bet the Legendary Cazador or Deathclaw could beat that team.

Boone with the 50 Cal is usually a problem. The ammo costs a crapload and isn't always easy to get a hold of, even with the great khans. Since it's a Bolt action rifle, and the AI misses A LOT, Boone will waste ammo and time.

As for the better team, I meant that Boone and ED-E is the more effective team. They'll kill things a lot faster than low damage Dogmeat and slow as fuck Fawkes. Dogmeat and Fawkes are unkillable, and would survive fighting the Legendary Deathclaw, Cazador, Bloatfly whatever when Boone and ED-E would faint/die; but the legendary enemies are 1 % out of all the enemies in the game. Anything else, they'll grind to dust in roughly 5 seconds. Even faster if you take yourself with Gunrunners gear into account.

16-06-2015, 05:38 AM
(16-06-2015 05:25 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(16-06-2015 04:42 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Boone with the All-American? I never actually thought to rearm Boone... But, to be honest, I only kept him around for his Spotter perk, which allowed me and my Anti-Materiel rifle to do his work ten times as well.

Boone with the 50 Cal is usually a problem. The ammo costs a crapload and isn't always easy to get a hold of, even with the great khans. Since it's a Bolt action rifle, and the AI misses A LOT, Boone will waste ammo and time.

As for the better team, I meant that Boone and ED-E is the more effective team. They'll kill things a lot faster than low damage Dogmeat and slow as fuck Fawkes. Dogmeat and Fawkes are unkillable, and would survive fighting the Legendary Deathclaw, Cazador, Bloatfly whatever when Boone and ED-E would faint/die; but the legendary enemies are 1 % out of all the enemies in the game. Anything else, they'll grind to dust in roughly 5 seconds. Even faster if you take yourself with Gunrunners gear into account.

I don't recall Fawkes being too slow... I should probably got to downloading 3 and actually use him for a change to jog my memory.

As for Boone with a .50, yes that's obviously too cost-intensive, which is why I'd never do it. I was perfectly fine with Boone using his default weapon while I used my own AMR and his spotter perk for long-range killing the likes of which my just be considerable as abuse.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
16-06-2015, 06:09 AM
What, no love for Veronica?

[Image: 68c4cfa37650bb93940a6e4007562e09-d4qrek7.jpg]

For shame...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-06-2015, 06:23 AM
(16-06-2015 06:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What, no love for Veronica?

[Image: 68c4cfa37650bb93940a6e4007562e09-d4qrek7.jpg]

For shame...

On the contrary; I love V too much to send her get blindy knocked out by Deathclaws in Dead Wind Cavern. Fuckin' Boone can do that, 'cause he doesn't give a shit either way.

16-06-2015, 11:20 AM
The bulk ammo had better damage and was cheaper but caused your weapon to break faster, but since weapons don't degrade when used by companions I found it to be quite an easy way to keep Boone dangerous. Give him a .50, put him on aggressive, then just walk around randomly gaining experience. Him and Raul were my favorites. I've always been a Danny Trejo fan, though.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
16-06-2015, 11:32 AM
(16-06-2015 11:20 AM)yakherder Wrote:  The bulk ammo had better damage and was cheaper but caused your weapon to break faster, but since weapons don't degrade when used by companions I found it to be quite an easy way to keep Boone dangerous. Give him a .50, put him on aggressive, then just walk around randomly gaining experience. Him and Raul were my favorites. I've always been a Danny Trejo fan, though.

Isn't there like an issue where the AI doesn't understand how to use anything but standard issue ammo?

16-06-2015, 11:53 AM
[Image: t0xj5db.gif]

Looks like the first mod I'll need is 10x more rocket fuel...
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post