IT'S TIME

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2015, 12:15 PM
RE: IT'S TIME
(16-06-2015 11:53 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  [Image: t0xj5db.gif]

Looks like the first mod I'll need is 10x more rocket fuel...

Oh hey, it's Space Marine with a minigun.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2015, 12:19 PM
(16-06-2015 11:32 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(16-06-2015 11:20 AM)yakherder Wrote:  The bulk ammo had better damage and was cheaper but caused your weapon to break faster, but since weapons don't degrade when used by companions I found it to be quite an easy way to keep Boone dangerous. Give him a .50, put him on aggressive, then just walk around randomly gaining experience. Him and Raul were my favorites. I've always been a Danny Trejo fan, though.

Isn't there like an issue where the AI doesn't understand how to use anything but standard issue ammo?

I never had an issue. I always loaded him up with the crappy ammo. He'd default to standard if I put it in his inventory too, but not if the bulk was the only one available.

'Murican Canadian
16-06-2015, 12:37 PM
I actually did a play through with a minimal combat build once. I maxed out Charisma, took all the perks that buffed up my companions in any way, and fired only when I absolutely had no other choice, letting them do the bulk of the killing and pretty much roleplaying a pacifist dialogue master with an AI bodyguard lol. And yeah it was about the most difficult build I ever did, but it was viable through most of the main storyline. I had major problems on some of the DLC, though.

'Murican Canadian
16-06-2015, 01:59 PM
(16-06-2015 12:37 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I actually did a play through with a minimal combat build once. I maxed out Charisma, took all the perks that buffed up my companions in any way, and fired only when I absolutely had no other choice, letting them do the bulk of the killing and pretty much roleplaying a pacifist dialogue master with an AI bodyguard lol. And yeah it was about the most difficult build I ever did, but it was viable through most of the main storyline. I had major problems on some of the DLC, though.

How would a charismatic wordsmith fare in a side mission like the vault full of Garys?
16-06-2015, 02:15 PM
(16-06-2015 01:59 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(16-06-2015 12:37 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I actually did a play through with a minimal combat build once. I maxed out Charisma, took all the perks that buffed up my companions in any way, and fired only when I absolutely had no other choice, letting them do the bulk of the killing and pretty much roleplaying a pacifist dialogue master with an AI bodyguard lol. And yeah it was about the most difficult build I ever did, but it was viable through most of the main storyline. I had major problems on some of the DLC, though.

How would a charismatic wordsmith fare in a side mission like the vault full of Garys?

Aside from the 5% damage/armor bonus your companion receives for each point you dump in charisma, thereby allowing him to stomp Garys with slightly more efficiency, not a hell of a lot.

'Murican Canadian
16-06-2015, 02:38 PM
(16-06-2015 01:59 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  

You're talking like that Vault was hard. Try Vault 87 with Broken Steel installed; jampacked with Super Mutant Overlords carrying Laser Tri-shot Rifles. They'll rip you apart even with Hellfire armor on, aswell as reducing your armor health down to nothing. Reminds me why I really hate FO3 sometimes.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
16-06-2015, 02:40 PM
(16-06-2015 02:38 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(16-06-2015 01:59 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  How would a charismatic wordsmith fare in a side mission like the vault full of Garys?

You're talking like that Vault was hard. Try Vault 87 with Broken Steel installed; jampacked with Super Mutant Overlords carrying Laser Tri-shot Rifles. They'll rip you apart even with Hellfire armor on, aswell as reducing your armor health down to nothing. Reminds me why I really hate FO3 sometimes.

Chinese Stealth Suit + Deathclaw Gauntlet and all the stealth perks. E Z Mode.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-06-2015, 03:05 PM
(16-06-2015 02:38 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(16-06-2015 01:59 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  How would a charismatic wordsmith fare in a side mission like the vault full of Garys?

No... I'm talking like the Garys were fucking crazy, and no amount of charisma would help. Get your implications right, damnit. Dodgy
16-06-2015, 03:35 PM
(16-06-2015 02:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-06-2015 02:38 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  You're talking like that Vault was hard. Try Vault 87 with Broken Steel installed; jampacked with Super Mutant Overlords carrying Laser Tri-shot Rifles. They'll rip you apart even with Hellfire armor on, aswell as reducing your armor health down to nothing. Reminds me why I really hate FO3 sometimes.

Chinese Stealth Suit + Deathclaw Gauntlet and all the stealth perks. E Z Mode.

That's right, exploit the game's weaknesses to the max.

16-06-2015, 03:38 PM
(16-06-2015 03:05 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(16-06-2015 02:38 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  You're talking like that Vault was hard. Try Vault 87 with Broken Steel installed; jampacked with Super Mutant Overlords carrying Laser Tri-shot Rifles. They'll rip you apart even with Hellfire armor on, aswell as reducing your armor health down to nothing. Reminds me why I really hate FO3 sometimes.

No... I'm talking like the Garys were fucking crazy, and no amount of charisma would help. Get your implications right, damnit. Dodgy

I'm still correct. You can't talk the Garys.

I'm sorry. Maybe I should take that Asperger test soon.