ITT our favorite songs from back in the day.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2012, 07:42 PM
ITT our favorite songs from back in the day.
Even if you are ashamed to admit it.

I have a lot more to post but now I'm listening to Matchbox 20.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
11-05-2012, 07:58 PM
RE: ITT our favorite songs from back in the day.
(11-05-2012 07:42 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Even if you are ashamed to admit it.

I have a lot more to post but now I'm listening to Matchbox 20.
Good stuff Yes ..........I really like "its all right' ............ the Singing Willberries.
12-05-2012, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 11:56 AM by GirlyMan.)
Goddam Tim, that ain't back in the day for me. Big Grin

And thanks to the Woofmeister for getting me to listen to this again. Dylan, Harrison, Orbison, Petty, Lynne, and Keltner. That's quite a cast of characters. Thumbsup ... The vid was made after Orbison passed. The guitar in the rocking chair is for him. Wink

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Willburys... sweet, sweet travelers.
More sweetness... from a guy named Bob.

This is one of my favorites... I found out he has sung and recorded at least 17 different versions of this song. He was never a very consistent guy. Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-05-2012, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 12:38 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-05-2012 12:04 PM)kim Wrote:  This is one of my favorites...

Now Dylan, he was back in my day and Kim's, germanyTim. Wink

(12-05-2012 12:04 PM)kim Wrote:  I found out he has sung and recorded at least 17 different versions of this song. He was never a very consistent guy. Wink

Q: Who sounds more and more like a bad Bob Dylan impersonator?
A: Bob Dylan. Big Grin

And just to make germanyTim happy, here's one I like which is a tad embarrassing. Blush But it's pretty good if you're puffing. Wink

12-05-2012, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 03:43 PM by kim.)
(12-05-2012 12:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And just to make germanyTim happy, here's one I like which is a tad embarrassing. Blush But it's pretty good if you're puffing. Wink
Aw... Puff. I do have a fondness for folk music... PP&M are classic.
Here's a rare one with The Lovin Spoonful fronted by m'gal Cass. Cass Elliot ... that voice.

She was really on her way and had she lived, she would have been one of the top music producers on the planet.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-05-2012, 01:36 PM
I can't seem to master links or inserting pictures...damnit...

The oldest song that has been a favorite the longest for me is Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
Hotel California is also a favorite though I have no freaking idea what they hell they are talking about! Love that song!

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
12-05-2012, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 03:30 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-05-2012 01:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I can't seem to master links or inserting pictures...damnit...

The oldest song that has been a favorite the longest for me is Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
Hotel California is also a favorite though I have no freaking idea what they hell they are talking about! Love that song!

Girly'll help you out Angie. ... "Steal my daddy's cue and make a livin' outta playin' fool." Wink

"You can check in anytime time you like, but you can never leave." Egor thinks that. ... But Girly already has an escape plan, and I don't check-in without it. Wink

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-05-2012, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 03:49 PM by kim.)
Well poo. The video of Cass wants to take you to the Tube. Oh well, worth the listen.
How about some Kate?

12-05-2012, 04:01 PM
(12-05-2012 12:59 PM)kim Wrote:  
(12-05-2012 12:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And just to make germanyTim happy, here's one I like which is a tad embarrassing. Blush But it's pretty good if you're puffing. Wink
Aw... Puff. I do have a fondness for folk music... PP&M are classic.
Here's a rare one with The Lovin Spoonful fronted by m'gal Cass. Cass Elliot ... that voice.

She was really on her way and had she lived, she would have been one of the top music producers on the planet.

She'd've had Girly at hello. I counter your Cass with Joplin. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Songs You'd Like to Slow Dance to With Someone Charis 58 697 24-05-2014 12:30 AM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  Good songs for those breaking away from or without religion Adrianime 9 228 07-04-2014 03:55 AM
Last Post: Eva
  when will they stop making these songs kunoxian drive 5 108 24-03-2014 04:26 AM
Last Post: MegaHentai
  Sexy Songs BrokenQuill92 16 456 10-02-2014 08:26 PM
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Annoying songs that get stuck in your head BrokenQuill92 10 571 07-02-2014 06:35 PM
Last Post: Cardinal Smurf
  Favorite Song Lyrics Peanut 116 5,629 08-01-2014 04:54 PM
Last Post: Timber1025
  Favorite Album Released This Year Artemis 5 215 05-01-2014 07:10 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x