Ice ice baby
Too cold
Ice ice baby
Too cold too cold
Ice ice baby
Too cold
Ice ice baby
Too cold too cold

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2012, 04:27 PM
RE: Iceland wants a new name...
Coldania
Notcanada
Sweaterland

14-11-2012, 06:58 PM
(14-11-2012 07:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  I've always thought that Greenland and Iceland should just swap names. Drinking Beverage
Fun fact.
Greenland was called Greenland because when Eric discovered it he wanted people from back home (Norway, or around that area) to actually go there where as nobody was going to Iceland because of it's name, Iceland. So he called it Greenland so people would actually go.

The fact that 99% of it is unusable was irrelevant to him at the time I imagine..

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
15-11-2012, 02:00 AM
Why change it. The name should keep the stupid and the uneducated out. I remember learning in history that the name is actually the opposite of what it is actually like there. The dumb will more than likely not go there and if they do they will probably leave when they find out that they can't go skiing.
15-11-2012, 02:22 AM
(15-11-2012 02:00 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Why change it. The name should keep the stupid and the uneducated out. I remember learning in history that the name is actually the opposite of what it is actually like there. The dumb will more than likely not go there and if they do they will probably leave when they find out that they can't go skiing.
But you can go skiing in Iceland http://www.plentyofsnow.com/iceland/

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
15-11-2012, 02:48 AM
Iceland has a reputation for being very green here, so I'd like to vote for Green Hill Zone.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
15-11-2012, 03:49 AM
(15-11-2012 02:22 AM)nach_in Wrote:  
(15-11-2012 02:00 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Why change it. The name should keep the stupid and the uneducated out. I remember learning in history that the name is actually the opposite of what it is actually like there. The dumb will more than likely not go there and if they do they will probably leave when they find out that they can't go skiing.

But you can go skiing in Iceland http://www.plentyofsnow.com/iceland/

I already knew that there were places that you can go skiing in certain places there. I was referring to the blithering idiots that think that Iceland is a frozen wasteland, due to the name.
15-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Logica

With the citizens being named Logicans of course. Perhaps I should reserve that name for the interplanetary empire I will soon rule. Consider

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
18-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Just change one letter and call it Ireland, combine the banks, and that way we can resolve two financial crisis at the same time

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
20-11-2012, 03:26 AM
Or make those two financial crisis even worse, double.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson