Icky. Purity Ball and this on going virgin culture

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Icky. Purity Ball and this on going virgin culture
Don't know where to post this, there doesn't seem to be an Icky category on the forum but if there were this sure would qualify. For thousands of years and in most religions there has been a world wide virgin culture that has subjugated women by turning their virgin status into a commodity owned not by the women themselves but by their fathers, brothers and even their mothers. To me when this idiot idea ends women will finally be free. I detest the notion that someone else has power over another person's body in this manner and this father, daughter Purity Ball crap is sick, sick, sick. Just, like...yuck.

http://thegodlessplace.blogspot.com/2014...3EsKvldXXp

Again................yuck!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
12-05-2014, 02:46 PM
RE: Icky. Purity Ball and this on going virgin culture
(12-05-2014 02:36 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Don't know where to post this, there doesn't seem to be an Icky category on the forum but if there were this sure would qualify. For thousands of years and in most religions there has been a world wide virgin culture that has subjugated women by turning their virgin status into a commodity owned not by the women themselves but by their fathers, brothers and even their mothers. To me when this idiot idea ends women will finally be free. I detest the notion that someone else has power over another person's body in this manner and this father, daughter Purity Ball crap is sick, sick, sick. Just, like...yuck.

Its icky for a father to encourage his daughter to be a virgin until she is married?

Seems you have it backwards. Seems it would be icky for a father to encourage their daughter not be one.
12-05-2014, 02:51 PM
This is immensely unhealthy and counterproductive. The purpose of raising a child is to get them ready for the real world and to function as adults. Placing this huge roadblock not just against sex but against any intimacy doesn't aid this. Teenagers need to learn that sexuality is a part of them, and not something shameful or dirty. Encouraging them to learn about it safely is necessary. Making it completely taboo and filthy is only going to produce messed up people.
[+] 10 users Like natachan's post
12-05-2014, 02:53 PM
(12-05-2014 02:46 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 02:36 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Don't know where to post this, there doesn't seem to be an Icky category on the forum but if there were this sure would qualify. For thousands of years and in most religions there has been a world wide virgin culture that has subjugated women by turning their virgin status into a commodity owned not by the women themselves but by their fathers, brothers and even their mothers. To me when this idiot idea ends women will finally be free. I detest the notion that someone else has power over another person's body in this manner and this father, daughter Purity Ball crap is sick, sick, sick. Just, like...yuck.

Its icky for a father to encourage his daughter to be a virgin until she is married?

Seems you have it backwards. Seems it would be icky for a father to encourage their daughter not be one.

What's icky is that the father is forcing her to subscribe to the outdated concept of chastity instead of teaching her what she can actually find useful and safe.

"Heres how a condom works" is safer than "don't touch dicks or god will be mad"

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 6 users Like DemonicLemon's post
12-05-2014, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2014 03:27 PM by kim.)
“The message is clear and direct: It’s up to men to control young women’s sexuality.”

Rolleyes
Completely fucked.

Certainly not new... in Greek mythology, Danae was a daughter of King of Argos and his wife Eurydice. Long story short; Disappointed by his lack of male heirs, Dad asked an oracle if this would change. The oracle told him that he would be killed by his daughter's son. Freaked by this, Dad locks daughter up in a tower to keep her away from boys.
Zeus, horny as always and pissed that anyone should keep beauty from the world... comes to her "in the form of golden rain" (ew), and knocks her up. Happy Birthday baby Perseus.
Gustav Klimt's Danaë, 1907...
[Image: Klimt%2C_Danaë.jpg]

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
12-05-2014, 03:15 PM
(12-05-2014 02:46 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  

To pledge ones virginity to ones father is disgusting. A girls father doesn't own his daughters virginity and this is what these purity balls amount to. Parents need to let teenagers know their sexuality is a natural part of their development and that no one "owns " their virginity or their body. Teens should be taught to be responsible for their own actions which is what my husband and I did with our daughter. She started dating a boy at 15 and at 16 was savvy enough to come to me for some help. I took her down and got her on birth control pills. She's a fantastic young woman. Mature and intelligent.

Men have owned women's bodies for several thousand years, especially their virginity. It's time this ends.

[+] 9 users Like dancefortwo's post
12-05-2014, 03:26 PM
What I find really creepy about the whole thing is that they looks disturbingly like father-daughter weddings. Sadcryface

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 6 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
12-05-2014, 03:37 PM
(12-05-2014 03:26 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  What I find really creepy about the whole thing is that they looks disturbingly like father-daughter weddings. Sadcryface

Yes. There's something almost incestuous about the photos. I feel sorry for these poor girls.

For many years I used to think this obsession with virginity was just an American puritanical, religious thing and stemmed from the Virgin Mary story but Muslims are also obsessed with it. It's funny that having ones hymen replaced is one of the top surgeries for young women in the Middle East. It's called hymenoplasty. Pfffft. Hobo

12-05-2014, 03:43 PM
I think this one sums up the usual problem when this crap starts happening (A little NSFW without headphones):

[+] 4 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
12-05-2014, 04:01 PM
(12-05-2014 03:43 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  I think this one sums up the usual problem when this crap starts happening (A little NSFW without headphones):

Loved it! Er, the video I mean. LOL.