Icky. Purity Ball and this on going virgin culture

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2014, 12:42 PM
RE: Icky. Purity Ball and this on going virgin culture
Oh, good, it's not only me who thinks these are waaaay creepy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2014, 01:09 PM
(06-11-2014 08:14 AM)Nurse Wrote:  So, we had tons of devotionals all day on Saturday, the youth pastor would stop by and we'd sing about how our lover was Jesus. Gag.

They didn't actually word it that way, did they? "Don't have sex with each other, kids; have sex with Jesus!"

Brings new meaning to "Jesus fucking Christ".

(06-11-2014 08:14 AM)Nurse Wrote:  We got to sit with boys on the right, girls in the middle set of pews, and our parents on the left. They did a big ceremony where we had to sign a pledge with our parents vowing we would remain pure, and that the slut bags were made kinda pure again by Jesus.

So, were only the girls subject to this, or did the boys have to do something similar?

(06-11-2014 08:14 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Daddy gave me a ring from the freaking jewelry store, it was shaped to look like both a cross and TLW as a reminder that my field belonged to my daddy until he gave permission for it to be plowed.

That is probably the best way that could have been worded. Yes
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
06-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Just my opinion but religion is just a tool some men use to enforce their possessive and jealous nature of women.

It's frowned upon for a man to be unfaithful but absolutely taboo for a woman to be promiscuous.

I also believe its the leftovers of the evolutionary trait to spread dominant genes. You still see it in the animal kingdom today where the male mates with multiple females.

The Purity Ball is the man attempting to control the females in his "pride". Fortunately for him the men of biblical times felt the same way so their god conveniently made women second class citizens and sex objects.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to get my bitch to make me sandwich and give me a bj.
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
06-11-2014, 01:36 PM
(06-11-2014 01:22 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Now if you'll excuse me I need to get my bitch to make me sandwich and give me a bj.

Just a thought but if she bites off your gonads that's counter-evolutionary right?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-11-2014, 01:43 PM
My parents got me a purity ring, but it broke. That should've been a sign to me.

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 5 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
06-11-2014, 05:26 PM
(05-11-2014 07:48 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Great article. I liked how she talked about what sex was like after marriage, and how the guilt never goes away. The church doesn't realize the damage they are inflicting on their members. When you try to suppress your natural sexual urges, nothing good happens. Even after marriage that guilt and disfunction lingers.

I liked the part where she talked about being a compulsive masturbator and her clit getting all tingly. ... bad girly, bad bad girly

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-11-2014, 08:17 PM
(06-11-2014 01:09 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 08:14 AM)Nurse Wrote:  So, we had tons of devotionals all day on Saturday, the youth pastor would stop by and we'd sing about how our lover was Jesus. Gag.

They didn't actually word it that way, did they? "Don't have sex with each other, kids; have sex with Jesus!"

(06-11-2014 08:14 AM)Nurse Wrote:  We got to sit with boys on the right, girls in the middle set of pews, and our parents on the left. They did a big ceremony where we had to sign a pledge with our parents vowing we would remain pure, and that the slut bags were made kinda pure again by Jesus.

So, were only the girls subject to this, or did the boys have to do something similar?

(06-11-2014 08:14 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Daddy gave me a ring from the freaking jewelry store, it was shaped to look like both a cross and TLW as a reminder that my field belonged to my daddy until he gave permission for it to be plowed.

"Jesus, lover of my soul, Jesus, I will never let you gooo"....

Boys were subjected to the same thing. Their devotionals were slightly different because as men their roles in relationships were different - they were to be leaders and not lead their horny girlfriends astray, no "tasting" the "fruit" because it makes it hard to control yourself. I don't remember them getting rings, though.

I hate this stuff and what it put me through. My first boyfriend when I was 16 was atheist while I was losing my faith. Didn't mean I had lost the guilt. We were making out as is perfectly normal for teens to do. I let him take my shirt off and then I got worried that he thought I was a whore - in a completely naive thought I might actually be one way. I actually asked him that. Way to ruin the mood. And my relationship. He dumped me the next day after telling me that he was going to fuck up my life.

I was 17 and a senior in high school the next time I had a relationship. He was 19 and a sophomore in college. Wow at the chemistry. And then when he asked me to make love to him, I said "But I'm not in love with you." Which was a little white lie to save my virginity. Cause I felt guilty. I may as well have slapped him.

Next guy and his best friend were Christian boys at the church of Christ. They were pieces of shit I'd prefer to block from memory. Turns out his best friend raped one of my friends. No surprise there, unfortunately.

Then the next guy was kinda lousy but we had after prom sex. It was awful.

And then I met my husband my first night out in college. I was also battling with Pascal's wager and trying to talk myself back into my faith. So I felt guilty about not saving myself for him. I was his first - I was such a whore for taking his virginity. And I felt guilty every time we had sex. Which was a lot. Up until we got married with me at only 21. And then I felt guilty on my wedding night that I wasn't a virgin.

What pisses me off the most is that I could have had a much different experience if this shit weren't perpetuated by the churches and everyone had proper sex ed.

So, without religious pressure, who knows. But I wouldn't have had things end prematurely with the first two guys I was in love with because of guilt feelings and a warped sense of sexuality.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
06-11-2014, 09:37 PM
(06-11-2014 08:17 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 01:09 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  They didn't actually word it that way, did they? "Don't have sex with each other, kids; have sex with Jesus!"

"Jesus, lover of my soul, Jesus, I will never let you gooo"....

Boys were subjected to the same thing. Their devotionals were slightly different because as men their roles in relationships were different - they were to be leaders and not lead their horny girlfriends astray, no "tasting" the "fruit" because it makes it hard to control yourself. I don't remember them getting rings, though.

I hate this stuff and what it put me through. My first boyfriend when I was 16 was atheist while I was losing my faith. Didn't mean I had lost the guilt. We were making out as is perfectly normal for teens to do. I let him take my shirt off and then I got worried that he thought I was a whore - in a completely naive thought I might actually be one way. I actually asked him that. Way to ruin the mood. And my relationship. He dumped me the next day after telling me that he was going to fuck up my life.

I was 17 and a senior in high school the next time I had a relationship. He was 19 and a sophomore in college. Wow at the chemistry. And then when he asked me to make love to him, I said "But I'm not in love with you." Which was a little white lie to save my virginity. Cause I felt guilty. I may as well have slapped him.

Next guy and his best friend were Christian boys at the church of Christ. They were pieces of shit I'd prefer to block from memory. Turns out his best friend raped one of my friends. No surprise there, unfortunately.

And then I met my husband my first night out in college. I was also battling with Pascal's wager and trying to talk myself back into my faith. So I felt guilty about not saving myself for him. I was his first - I was such a whore for taking his virginity. And I felt guilty every time we had sex. Which was a lot. Up until we got married with me at only 21. And then I felt guilty on my wedding night that I wasn't a virgin.

What pisses me off the most is that I could have had a much different experience if this shit weren't perpetuated by the churches and everyone had proper sex ed.

So, without religious pressure, who knows. But I wouldn't have had things end prematurely with the first two guys I was in love with because of guilt feelings and a warped sense of sexuality.

Wow. Facepalm

Sexual guilt. I don't speak that language. But then when I was a teenager I'd never been to church. Ever. None. Zip. Zero. Was raised with no religion. Sometimes I don't appreciate the upbringing I had until I read stories like yours or the young woman in the link.

Thank you Mom and Dad. Bowing Thank you for keeping me out of the hell hole that is religion.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-11-2014, 10:02 PM
(06-11-2014 09:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 08:17 PM)Nurse Wrote:  "Jesus, lover of my soul, Jesus, I will never let you gooo"....

Wow. Facepalm

Sexual guilt. I don't speak that language. But then when I was a teenager I'd never been to church. Ever. None. Zip. Zero. Was raised with no religion. Sometimes I don't appreciate the upbringing I had until I read stories like yours or the young woman in the link.

Thank you Mom and Dad. Bowing Thank you for keeping me out of the hell hole that is religion.

You sound like you was raised by hippies. Big Grin

#sigh
07-11-2014, 07:33 AM
(06-11-2014 08:17 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Boys were subjected to the same thing. Their devotionals were slightly different because as men their roles in relationships were different - they were to be leaders and not lead their horny girlfriends astray, no "tasting" the "fruit" because it makes it hard to control yourself. I don't remember them getting rings, though.

At first, I read that and thought "Holy crap! Way to dodge the double standard, church!", then I got to the end of the paragraph. Part of what makes me hate this creepy virgin fetish they have is that I know where it gets its roots. That's fucked (no pun intended).

(06-11-2014 08:17 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I actually asked him that. Way to ruin the mood. And my relationship. He dumped me the next day after telling me that he was going to fuck up my life

Sounds like the guy was an asshole, and that this might have turned out to be a good thing. Wink
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post