Icky. Purity Ball and this on going virgin culture

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2014, 04:23 PM
RE: Icky. Purity Ball and this on going virgin culture
(12-05-2014 02:46 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Its icky for a father to encourage his daughter to be a virgin until she is married?

Seems you have it backwards. Seems it would be icky for a father to encourage their daughter not be one.

The stance isn't that the fathers encourage the daughters to be chaste. It's a stance that's born from a culture that would kill any non-chaste woman, and would only make provisions against rape if the woman were a virgin. Bonus: if the woman weren't betrothed, she is forced to marry her rapist, because the real victim is her father, who would otherwise be stuck with an unmarriable virgin.

Citation: Deuteronomy 22:20-29

virgin-fetish Bible Wrote:20 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.

22 If a man is found sleeping with another man’s wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel.

23 If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, 24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man’s wife. You must purge the evil from among you.

25 But if out in the country a man happens to meet a young woman pledged to be married and rapes her, only the man who has done this shall die. 26 Do nothing to the woman; she has committed no sin deserving death. This case is like that of someone who attacks and murders a neighbor, 27 for the man found the young woman out in the country, and though the betrothed woman screamed, there was no one to rescue her.

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

Footnotes:
Deuteronomy 22:29 That is, about 1 1/4 pounds or about 575 grams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like RobbyPants's post
12-05-2014, 04:51 PM
(12-05-2014 03:26 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  What I find really creepy about the whole thing is that they looks disturbingly like father-daughter weddings. Sadcryface

Yup. And the dad gets to seal it with a kiss......on his daughters lips. And it's all for Jesus.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
12-05-2014, 04:53 PM
(12-05-2014 02:46 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 02:36 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Don't know where to post this, there doesn't seem to be an Icky category on the forum but if there were this sure would qualify. For thousands of years and in most religions there has been a world wide virgin culture that has subjugated women by turning their virgin status into a commodity owned not by the women themselves but by their fathers, brothers and even their mothers. To me when this idiot idea ends women will finally be free. I detest the notion that someone else has power over another person's body in this manner and this father, daughter Purity Ball crap is sick, sick, sick. Just, like...yuck.

http://thegodlessplace.blogspot.com/2014...3EsKvldXXp

Again................yuck!

Its icky for a father to encourage his daughter to be a virgin until she is married?

Seems you have it backwards. Seems it would be icky for a father to encourage their daughter not be one.

I would encourage anyone, male or female, to be sexually experienced before marriage.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
12-05-2014, 05:03 PM
(12-05-2014 04:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 02:46 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Its icky for a father to encourage his daughter to be a virgin until she is married?

I would encourage anyone, male or female, to be sexually experienced before marriage.

Yes, this. Sexuality is a huge part of who we are as individuals. Communication, and sex are the biggest foundation blocks of a good strong marriage. It's great and all to marry someone you love, but your marriage will go downhill VERY fast if you find out after you're married that the two of you don't jive in bed.

These purity balls, and the regligious war on sex do so much damage in our society.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 7 users Like Smercury44's post
12-05-2014, 05:05 PM

Hummmm. Consider I wonder if Jeremy W. is a virgin? We should ask. Hey Jeremy, are you a virgin?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
12-05-2014, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2014 12:25 AM by GirlyMan.)

Yes, yes it is. Very much so. My 22 yo daughter became sexually active at 16 (at least that's what I'm inferring based on the fact that's when I started paying for birth control). I'd've had a problem if she was 13 but ManlyGirl would've taken taken care of that behind the scenes without me knowing. A father being that interested and involved in his daughter's sex life is not only icky, it's creepy as all fuck. When my daughter moved out I was cleaning the room and found a bunch of post-its on the wall. When I saw "Have sex against a wall." I went "Sue! Sue! My eyes! My eyes they burn! They burn! Burn these post-its. Burn them straight to Hell!" ... Both the wife and daughter laughed at me,

#sigh
[+] 13 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-05-2014, 05:26 PM

I would encourage anyone, male or female, to be sexually experienced and NOT get married. Big Grin

In my experience, that little piece of paper is seriously overrated...

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
12-05-2014, 05:34 PM
(12-05-2014 05:26 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 04:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  I would encourage anyone, male or female, to be sexually experienced before marriage.

I would encourage anyone, male or female, to be sexually experienced and NOT get married. Big Grin

In my experience, that little piece of paper is seriously overrated...

It depends. If 2 working professionals get married they will likely incur a tax penalty in the US. Makes financial sense not to get married. But ManlyGirl is a stay-at-home Mom so we get a tax break. Makes financial sense to get married. ... That and one of us may have been pregnant at the time. Ain't saying which one. Big Grin

#sigh
12-05-2014, 05:38 PM
(12-05-2014 02:51 PM)natachan Wrote:  This is immensely unhealthy and counterproductive. The purpose of raising a child is to get them ready for the real world and to function as adults. Placing this huge roadblock not just against sex but against any intimacy doesn't aid this. Teenagers need to learn that sexuality is a part of them, and not something shameful or dirty. Encouraging them to learn about it safely is necessary. Making it completely taboo and filthy is only going to produce messed up people.

Who made it taboo and filthy?

This is surely one of the biggest misconceptions floating around out there.

To say that Christianity teaches that sexual intimacy is filthy is something found primarily on infidel websites.
12-05-2014, 05:39 PM
(12-05-2014 04:23 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

The stance isn't that the fathers encourage the daughters to be chaste. It's a stance that's born from a culture that would kill any non-chaste woman, and would only make provisions against rape if the woman were a virgin. Bonus: if the woman weren't betrothed, she is forced to marry her rapist, because the real victim is her father, who would otherwise be stuck with an unmarriable virgin.

Citation: Deuteronomy 22:20-29

virgin-fetish Bible Wrote:20 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.

22 If a man is found sleeping with another man’s wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel.

23 If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, 24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man’s wife. You must purge the evil from among you.

25 But if out in the country a man happens to meet a young woman pledged to be married and rapes her, only the man who has done this shall die. 26 Do nothing to the woman; she has committed no sin deserving death. This case is like that of someone who attacks and murders a neighbor, 27 for the man found the young woman out in the country, and though the betrothed woman screamed, there was no one to rescue her.

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

Footnotes:
Deuteronomy 22:29 That is, about 1 1/4 pounds or about 575 grams

Christianity teaches that non-chaste women should be killed?

Interesting.

Now, what planet are you living on? Blink