Icky. Purity Ball and this on going virgin culture

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2014, 05:39 PM
RE: Icky. Purity Ball and this on going virgin culture
(13-05-2014 12:48 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  BlendTec? Vitamix?

Vitamix. My grandma joked that it had more horsepower than her first lawnmower. Smile

(12-05-2014 06:41 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I want to point out he awful double standard here. Are there purity balls for the boys too? The boys pledging their virginity to their mothers? Consider

I think that male virginity is a relatively recent idea. If you went back in time, referring to a guy as a virgin would probably be confusing to ancient people. For example, most of the Bible really doesn't seem to care what guys do sexually as long as it's not with other guys or women owned by other guys.

But you're right, the general attitude seems to be that boys can't control themselves, so all the pressure is put on girls to be sexual gatekeepers which is clearly a double standard.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
13-05-2014, 05:48 PM
(13-05-2014 01:21 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Or someone just figured out a way of making money.

http://www.generationsoflight.com/html/w...lsons.html

LOL

From the link you provided, here's the pledge the father gives :

I, (DAUGHTER'S NAME)'S FATHER, CHOOSE BEFORE GOD TO COVER MY DAUGHTER AS HER AUTHORITY AND PROTECTION IN THE AREA OF PURITY. I WILL BE PURE IN MY OWN LIFE AS A MAN, HUSBAND AND FATHER. I WILL BE A MAN OF INTEGRITY AND ACCOUNTABLITY AS I LEAD, GUIDE AND PRAY OVER MY DAUGHTER AND MY FAMILY AS THE HIGH PRIEST IN MY HOME. THIS COVERING WILL BE USED BY GOD TO INFLUENCE GENERATIONS TO COME.

Rainbow Vomit

Oh dear.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
13-05-2014, 05:55 PM
(13-05-2014 05:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(13-05-2014 01:21 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Or someone just figured out a way of making money.

LOL

I, (DAUGHTER'S NAME)'S FATHER, CHOOSE BEFORE GOD TO COVER MY DAUGHTER AS HER AUTHORITY AND PROTECTION IN THE AREA OF PURITY. I WILL BE PURE IN MY OWN LIFE AS A MAN, HUSBAND AND FATHER. I WILL BE A MAN OF INTEGRITY AND ACCOUNTABLITY AS I LEAD, GUIDE AND PRAY OVER MY DAUGHTER AND MY FAMILY AS THE HIGH PRIEST IN MY HOME. THIS COVERING WILL BE USED BY GOD TO INFLUENCE GENERATIONS TO COME.

Rainbow Vomit

Oh dear.

I do not have a daughter, but I can tell you categorically that this would NOT happen in my house. And if anyone even *thought* something like this, he would be out on his ass. Minus a couple gonads. And his Bobbit.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 5 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
13-05-2014, 06:12 PM
(13-05-2014 05:55 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(13-05-2014 05:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  LOL

Rainbow Vomit

Oh dear.

I do not have a daughter, but I can tell you categorically that this would NOT happen in my house. And if anyone even *thought* something like this, he would be out on his ass. Minus a couple gonads. And his Bobbit.

Ugh. The boys get a purity ring along with a bunch of advice. There's a quote from Proverbs and advice from King Solomon himself:

"As fathers, we need to lead our sons into making decisions that protect their hearts and minds and honor God. We need to instill in our boys the sound advice that King Solomon shared with is son, "Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or to the left; keep your foot from evil. My son, pay attention to my wisdom, listen well to my words of insight, that you may maintain discretion and your lips may preserve knowledge." (Prov. 4:26-5:2)

I wonder if they tell the boy that King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines he got to fuck. Hummm. Bet they leave that bit of information out.

13-05-2014, 06:16 PM
(13-05-2014 05:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

LOL

Rainbow Vomit

Oh dear.

Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

13-05-2014, 06:29 PM
Yeah, I did the purity ring with my parents. I almost feel bad, because it was totally for them. I remember doing the whole pledge deal and thinking in my mind, "okay god, you and I both know that I'll never stay true to this, forgive me for leading my poor folks on like this".

Memories...... Rolleyes

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 6 users Like evenheathen's post
13-05-2014, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2014 07:53 PM by TheGulegon.)
For some reason I could see me taking a daughter to one of these just to troll the idiots in the crowd Laugh out load

I hold up a metal looking chastity belt all wide open, while Lil Gulette skips back-n-forth tossing keys engraved with "Free Sex" on them & tied to condoms, into the crowd.

Maybe see if any of these concerned fathers approach me with offers Dodgy

Excl Beware Bad Jokes Excl

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
13-05-2014, 07:49 PM
But, how in the world else am I supposed to justify my own existence without internalising a superiority complex with respect to all the ladies out there? I mean, clearly life would be pointless if they weren't helpless ignorant playthings to be exploited in a clearly coercive and unequal power dynamic. The best kind of partnerships are those where one partner is much more equal than the other.

How the fuck does this shit persist into the 21st century?

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
13-05-2014, 07:58 PM
(13-05-2014 07:49 PM)cjlr Wrote:  But, how in the world else am I supposed to justify my own existence without internalising a superiority complex with respect to all the ladies out there? I mean, clearly life would be pointless if they weren't helpless ignorant playthings to be exploited in a clearly coercive and unequal power dynamic. The best kind of partnerships are those where one partner is much more equal than the other.

Men.

And women who fall for their crap.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
13-05-2014, 09:42 PM
(13-05-2014 07:49 PM)cjlr Wrote:  But, how in the world else am I supposed to justify my own existence without internalising a superiority complex with respect to all the ladies out there? I mean, clearly life would be pointless if they weren't helpless ignorant playthings to be exploited in a clearly coercive and unequal power dynamic. The best kind of partnerships are those where one partner is much more equal than the other.

There's a really great book called Sex and Punishment; Four Thousand Years of Judging Desire by Eric Berkowitz. I highly recommend it. The writer is a lawyer and starts the book off by reading some of the sex laws from Mesopotamia from 4 thousand years ago and a court case involving a high priest and murder. It's amazing how women were treated. This Purity Ball crap is a throwback to those times when the barbaric domination of women started in girlhood and only ended when she died. So sad.

[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post