Icky. Purity Ball and this on going virgin culture

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2014, 01:34 PM
RE: Icky. Purity Ball and this on going virgin culture
(12-05-2014 03:26 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  What I find really creepy about the whole thing is that they looks disturbingly like father-daughter weddings. Sadcryface

It probably is. Good chance they are attempting to do some genetic engineering - purebred breeding.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2014, 01:47 PM
(15-05-2014 01:24 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  It makes me glad for my child that whatever it is, he or she, will never have to deal with this insanity in its childhood.

You're leaving the US? Shy

Take me with you.... please...

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-05-2014, 03:29 PM
(15-05-2014 01:05 PM)morondog Wrote:  Surely even among Christees these kinda photos would be uncomfortable viewing? It must be small more-batshit-insane-than-usual-and-creepy-as-fuck sect right... right?

LOL HAHAHAHAHA!Big Grin: ^^^^^ What you said^^^^^Big Grin Oh, I hope it's the farthest christian right thing going.. If it gets to be a mainstream Christian thing I really, really need to find another country to live in.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
05-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Apparently it mindfucks you pretty good. And mindfucks the men every bit as much as the women.

How I left the purity movement

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-11-2014, 07:48 PM
(05-11-2014 07:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Apparently it mindfucks you pretty good. And mindfucks the men every bit as much as the women.

How I left the purity movement

Great article. I liked how she talked about what sex was like after marriage, and how the guilt never goes away. The church doesn't realize the damage they are inflicting on their members. When you try to suppress your natural sexual urges, nothing good happens. Even after marriage that guilt and disfunction lingers.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
05-11-2014, 08:57 PM
(12-05-2014 02:36 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Don't know where to post this, there doesn't seem to be an Icky category on the forum but if there were this sure would qualify. For thousands of years and in most religions there has been a world wide virgin culture that has subjugated women by turning their virgin status into a commodity owned not by the women themselves but by their fathers, brothers and even their mothers. To me when this idiot idea ends women will finally be free. I detest the notion that someone else has power over another person's body in this manner and this father, daughter Purity Ball crap is sick, sick, sick. Just, like...yuck.

http://thegodlessplace.blogspot.com/2014...3EsKvldXXp

Again................yuck!

That's fuckin weird! It is sad that ,as you put it, their virginity is a commodity owned buy someone else. What I notice is those dads look creepy as fuck and none of those little girls seem happy. They're probably creeped out more than I am.
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
05-11-2014, 11:20 PM
This is possibly a stupid question: Does this tie into some kind of arranged marriage sort of deal? Because the article in the OP specifically mentioned that dating is against the rules as well.

(14-05-2014 07:51 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 07:49 AM)John Wrote:  For some reason when I first heard of purity balls, I thought someone had come up with a weird iteration of truck nuts. Huh

Turned out to be something way more creepy. No

When I saw the title I imagined some kind of love eggs used like a minimalist version of a chastity belt.
How would that even work? Are we talking like their inserted for the woman or do you kinda jam the dudes junk into it like one of those cuck sheaths? (Sorry if too graphic.)

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
06-11-2014, 04:35 AM
(12-05-2014 02:51 PM)natachan Wrote:  This is immensely unhealthy and counterproductive. The purpose of raising a child is to get them ready for the real world and to function as adults. Placing this huge roadblock not just against sex but against any intimacy doesn't aid this. Teenagers need to learn that sexuality is a part of them, and not something shameful or dirty. Encouraging them to learn about it safely is necessary. Making it completely taboo and filthy is only going to produce messed up people.

How about teaching children than sex is something you have only with someone that you love, that it should be something seen as meaningful and valued, and not given away just for hedonistic abandonment?

Is that also an unhealthy way to look at it?
06-11-2014, 05:14 AM
(06-11-2014 04:35 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  How about teaching children than sex is something you have only with someone that you love, that it should be something seen as meaningful and valued, and not given away just for hedonistic abandonment?

Why do you want to take so much fun out of life? What's wrong with a bit of hedonistic abandonment?

Quote:Is that also an unhealthy way to look at it?

Yes.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
[+] 2 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
06-11-2014, 05:20 AM
(06-11-2014 04:35 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 02:51 PM)natachan Wrote:  This is immensely unhealthy and counterproductive. The purpose of raising a child is to get them ready for the real world and to function as adults. Placing this huge roadblock not just against sex but against any intimacy doesn't aid this. Teenagers need to learn that sexuality is a part of them, and not something shameful or dirty. Encouraging them to learn about it safely is necessary. Making it completely taboo and filthy is only going to produce messed up people.

How about teaching children than sex is something you have only with someone that you love, that it should be something seen as meaningful and valued, and not given away just for hedonistic abandonment?

Is that also an unhealthy way to look at it?
Depends I suppose. Each question is worth three points:
Why would having sex with somebody you don't love be a bad thing or to frame it a different way; why is doing something with another person who also wants to do it, for mutual gratification a bad thing?
Do you extend that logic out to other pleasurable experiences with consenting adults whom you don't love like basketball or playing canasta?
Can sex be transactional without issue? How about sex in a relationship; can that be transactional? How about other things that somebody may do in a relationship when they don't particularly want to do it? (Like going to a basketball game or playing canasta.)
Does sex retroactively become not OK if you later decide you don't love that person?
If you're saying that sex is only between you and somebody you already love, then isn't that exactly what Natachan was talking about? "A roadblock to intimacy."

And the bonus round worth five points:
How about sex between people of the same biological sex?

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 2 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post