Idea for "ignore" function

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Idea for "ignore" function
Hi,

Since I have someone on ignore I notice that maybe it would be a good idea to be able to still "open" those posts.
A bit like on youtube maybe? So it would not only say that this user posted and that you can't see it because he is on your ignore list. But also a "show" and "hide".

Unlike youtube, where I only click that when I am nosy why someone got so many negatives or has been marked as spam, here I would just like it for one simple reason.
Say I open a new thread, I don't want the trolls that I ignored, to fuck up my thread... or actually anyone's thread. I want to do one short click for show, see that they are on topic and not raging or trolling, and then I want to click hide so I don't get angry. So in case someone just tries to rip apart threads I want to be able to see that and click the "report" button.

Sorry if that sounds a bit weird or whatever, but I really think it would be useful to have that. Because going back to the CP and unignore and coming back to thread and check and ignoring the person again.... seems a bit much for a quick check.

<of course if one ignores someone, and then shows and then starts complaining, it's their own fault in that case>

Would that be possible? A hide and show for such cases?

thanks
Leela

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2012, 04:15 PM
RE: Idea for "ignore" function
Actually, if I'm understanding what you're asking for, it already exists. If you have someone on ignore, if you open the thread, you should see their name and if you go to the far right of the screen, there is a button that says, "show this post." That lets you see that one post and nothing else from that person.

I only know this because I've ignored you. Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
27-05-2012, 07:07 PM
(27-05-2012 04:01 PM)Leela Wrote:  Hi,

Since I have someone on ignore I notice that maybe it would be a good idea to be able to still "open" those posts.
A bit like on youtube maybe? So it would not only say that this user posted and that you can't see it because he is on your ignore list. But also a "show" and "hide".

Unlike youtube, where I only click that when I am nosy why someone got so many negatives or has been marked as spam, here I would just like it for one simple reason.
Say I open a new thread, I don't want the trolls that I ignored, to fuck up my thread... or actually anyone's thread. I want to do one short click for show, see that they are on topic and not raging or trolling, and then I want to click hide so I don't get angry. So in case someone just tries to rip apart threads I want to be able to see that and click the "report" button.

Sorry if that sounds a bit weird or whatever, but I really think it would be useful to have that. Because going back to the CP and unignore and coming back to thread and check and ignoring the person again.... seems a bit much for a quick check.

<of course if one ignores someone, and then shows and then starts complaining, it's their own fault in that case>

Would that be possible? A hide and show for such cases?

thanks
Leela

We had a system like that in the USSR, DDR, and Eastern Europe.
It wasn't a success.
[+] 1 user Likes Scarlet Pimpernel's post
27-05-2012, 08:52 PM
(27-05-2012 04:01 PM)Leela Wrote:  Since I have someone on ignore I notice that maybe it would be a good idea to be able to still "open" those posts.

Say I open a new thread, I don't want the trolls that I ignored, to fuck up my thread... or actually anyone's thread. I want to do one short click for show, see that they are on topic and not raging or trolling, and then I want to click hide so I don't get angry.

Cookies, hugs. Hug Where's that anger from, Leela? I don't even know where this ignore list is. But I do often look at the poster and say, "Meh. Fuck it. Not worth my read." ...

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
28-05-2012, 01:23 AM
hehe Girly, only special people make it to that list Tongue

Erxomai, thanks, I didn't see that.
In that case make the button red and blinking Big Grin

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user