Ideal Date?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2017, 10:34 AM
Ideal Date?
What is your ideal date? (Doesn't have to be anything on the list).

A friend sent me this meme, just thought it was cute, so I'm sharing it Tongue Here are a few of my faves from the list:

*Build forts out of blankets and pillows and wage war with paper airplanes.

*Go to the airport, get the cheapest, soonest departing flight to anywhere when you show up, and stay there for the weekend.

*Rent a movie you've never seen before. Set on mute and improvise dialogue.

*Drive to the beach, so you arrive just as the sun is rising. Have a breakfast picnic then fall asleep together.

[Image: 20-genuinely-awesome-date-ideas.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
04-05-2017, 11:00 AM
RE: Ideal Date?
(04-05-2017 10:34 AM)jennybee Wrote:  What is your ideal date? (Doesn't have to be anything on the list).

A friend sent me this meme, just thought it was cute, so I'm sharing it Tongue Here are a few of my faves from the list:

*Go to the airport, get the cheapest, soonest departing flight to anywhere when you show up, and stay there for the weekend.

Um, no disrespect intended, but it kind of sounds like you want to date a nine-year-old.

Confused
[+] 4 users Like Thoreauvian's post
04-05-2017, 11:02 AM
If I could turn my husband into a man who dances, my favorite date would be dancing the night away...slow dances, rock and roll, country, swing. I would even love to go square-dancing again as we did when we were newly married.

I am among the dance-deprived people of the world and I live for the rare occasions when I can dance with my children at weddings.

Other than that miracle, I am happy doing anything...and I mean anything...with my husband. That sounds too risque; I mean anything like even manual labor around the farm.

That list reads like it was made by very young college kids and might have been fun to do when we were that age and had that mindset. Maybe I am an old foggie... Is that spelled correct?

-Jeanne

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
[+] 3 users Like Jeanne's post
04-05-2017, 11:05 AM
I have done 8, 12 and 18. I would do 8 and 12 again, 18 gave me blisters on my feet.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
04-05-2017, 11:06 AM
(04-05-2017 11:00 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 10:34 AM)jennybee Wrote:  What is your ideal date? (Doesn't have to be anything on the list).

Um, no disrespect intended, but it kind of sounds like you want to date a nine-year-old.

Confused

The first one, maybe. But a 9-year-old would have trouble with #2, and Woody Allen did #3 once (What's Up, Tiger Lily?). (These references are to the three you quoted, not to the original list) A lot of those things sound like fun. "You're never too old to act like you're not" (unless you make it a way of life).
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
04-05-2017, 11:06 AM
(04-05-2017 11:02 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  If I could turn my husband into a man who dances, my favorite date would be dancing the night away...slow dances, rock and roll, country, swing. I would even love to go square-dancing again as we did when we were newly married.

I am among the dance-deprived people of the world and I live for the rare occasions when I can dance with my children at weddings.

Other than that miracle, I am happy doing anything...and I mean anything...with my husband. That sounds too risque; I mean anything like even manual labor around the farm.

That list reads like it was made by very young college kids and might have been fun to do when we were that age and had that mindset. Maybe I am an old foggie... Is that spelled correct?

-Jeanne

Turn up the music and dance like nobody's watching.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
04-05-2017, 11:10 AM
(04-05-2017 11:00 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  

Confused

What nine year old could afford a plane ticket, fly on said plane with a random stranger and leave home for the weekend.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
04-05-2017, 11:26 AM
#11 would be kind of fun; I know once in NYC a friend who lived in the area used my visit to do the lame tourist things she wasn't 'allowed' to do.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
04-05-2017, 11:31 AM
Oh Dom...dancing by myself is not a date and isn't even fun. I do like "dancing" with my grand baby, however, but he usually falls asleep.

-Jeanne

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
[+] 3 users Like Jeanne's post
04-05-2017, 11:33 AM
(04-05-2017 11:06 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 11:02 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  If I could turn my husband into a man who dances, my favorite date would be dancing the night away...slow dances, rock and roll, country, swing. I would even love to go square-dancing again as we did when we were newly married.

-Jeanne

Turn up the music and dance like nobody's watching.

The only way I can ever dance is when nobody's watching. I'm way too self-conscious to do it in public. But if I could dance, and wasn't ashamed to do it in public, that would be close to an ideal date for me -- dancing all night with the woman I love (that's another nagging detail -- no such woman at present).
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post