Ideal Date?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2017, 02:56 AM
RE: Ideal Date?
Is probably a bit boring, although I'm real big into movies, so perhaps a movie night (like when they show an old movie; a place near me has shown Alien, but projected onto a huge radio telescope dish). It'd either be that or something to do with watching Pro Wrestling shows hah, which as I'm well aware, not many girls are into haha.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
11-05-2017, 06:12 AM
Meet while doing some non date related activity, like maybe we're both with a volunteer search and rescue organization and end up working together on a flood relief project or something. We click but we're too exhausted to go on a real date yet so during a brief meal break we chat and agree to go on a better date later.

A couple days later we spend the morning at the shooting range and then go on an afternoon hot air balloon ride and then go have Korean food. At some point during the day we've both accidentally let a big fart slip and, in either case, the other didn't mind. Because that's important.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
11-05-2017, 06:30 AM
(11-05-2017 06:12 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Meet while doing some non date related activity, like maybe we're both with a volunteer search and rescue organization and end up working together on a flood relief project or something. We click but we're too exhausted to go on a real date yet so during a brief meal break we chat and agree to go on a better date later.

A couple days later we spend the morning at the shooting range and then go on an afternoon hot air balloon ride and then go have Korean food. At some point during the day we've both accidentally let a big fart slip and, in either case, the other didn't mind. Because that's important.

Laugh out load That ending is right out of a fairy tale Hobo Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
11-05-2017, 06:31 AM
(11-05-2017 02:56 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Is probably a bit boring, although I'm real big into movies, so perhaps a movie night (like when they show an old movie; a place near me has shown Alien, but projected onto a huge radio telescope dish). It'd either be that or something to do with watching Pro Wrestling shows hah, which as I'm well aware, not many girls are into haha.

The movie on the huge radio telescope dish sounds cool Thumbsup

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
11-05-2017, 07:37 AM
(11-05-2017 06:31 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-05-2017 02:56 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Is probably a bit boring, although I'm real big into movies, so perhaps a movie night (like when they show an old movie; a place near me has shown Alien, but projected onto a huge radio telescope dish). It'd either be that or something to do with watching Pro Wrestling shows hah, which as I'm well aware, not many girls are into haha.

The movie on the huge radio telescope dish sounds cool Thumbsup
Yeah, it is/was Big Grin they do it a lot, mostly with sci fi movies [as it's sort of related], but a fair few cinema's round my way show older movies fairly frequently.

As i'm married and my wife has little/no interest in my hobbies, this probably isn't going to happen again any time soon Laugh out load

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
11-05-2017, 08:46 AM
Two words: roller coasters.

Two more: country drive.

Two more: cooking together.

Two more: eating out.

Them's are my favorites.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
14-05-2017, 08:25 PM
(04-05-2017 12:25 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 11:00 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Um, no disrespect intended, but it kind of sounds like you want to date a nine-year-old.

Confused

Nope, just someone who isn't afraid to act like one on occasion Smile. Life is about having fun. Being adventurous. If I found a guy who was like that and would do those things with me, I'd never let him go.
Life for me these days is more about being at least under the illusion of being in control of its pacing, and having soothing routines and more mental than physical challenges, and having some sense that everything is okay. Although that is probably an artifact of the physical limitations I had for many years, and sharing fifteen of them with someone who was also profoundly limited physically. As a nine year old I definitely acted like one, and my wife's playful side manages to dig that out now and then, so I guess it is still there. Also I've been able to travel more than most, sometimes to exotic places like Turkey and Vietnam, and so perhaps that "counts" as "adventurous" just a little bit.

In point of fact I would say that curiosity is the fundamental quality you're after. Adventurousness is just one of many proxies for that. I admire curious, intelligent people, and that's why I enjoy your presence here.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
14-05-2017, 08:32 PM
(14-05-2017 08:25 PM)mordant Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 12:25 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Nope, just someone who isn't afraid to act like one on occasion Smile. Life is about having fun. Being adventurous. If I found a guy who was like that and would do those things with me, I'd never let him go.
Life for me these days is more about being at least under the illusion of being in control of its pacing, and having soothing routines and more mental than physical challenges, and having some sense that everything is okay. Although that is probably an artifact of the physical limitations I had for many years, and sharing fifteen of them with someone who was also profoundly limited physically. As a nine year old I definitely acted like one, and my wife's playful side manages to dig that out now and then, so I guess it is still there. Also I've been able to travel more than most, sometimes to exotic places like Turkey and Vietnam, and so perhaps that "counts" as "adventurous" just a little bit.

In point of fact I would say that curiosity is the fundamental quality you're after. Adventurousness is just one of many proxies for that. I admire curious, intelligent people, and that's why I enjoy your presence here.

Aw thank you Smile I enjoy your posts as well. And you certainly sound like you've had some adventures!

15-05-2017, 10:39 AM
I'm with Jeanne--dancing! If my husband were into that.

I feel crotchety, but most of the things on the list sound... uncomfortable. Or just not as exciting as the person who compiled them seemed to think they'd be, because I've done them just as part of daily life and not to pretend to be someone else. But I love the idea of #9! We might try to do that.

We've had one date night so far where we set up at the dining room table after the kids are in bed and record a podcast. We don't have a podcast, nor do we have an idea for a podcast, but we try to chat as though we're making a podcast, which is a fun perspective/fiction to maintain until we get bored of it. And since we don't actually have a podcast, when we get bored, we just stop it and go do something else.

Some of our favorite date nights are playing those D&D board games. Not the old Quest for the Dungeonmaster game I had when I was a kid (based on the awesome cartoon!) but the new ones like Wrath of Ashardalon. The thing that makes it fun is that it's balanced for a whole party, but there's only two of us, so we each play at least two characters and we still end up house-ruling a bunch of stuff as we go. It doesn't sound like much, but it ends up being a little like D&D and a little like Calvinball.

I eat too much cheese.
[+] 1 user Likes kmc's post