Ideas.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Ideas.
Hello. I want to confess something I've only told one other person in my life thus far. It's about a decision I nearly made earlier this year.

In January of this year, I began to nearly come to a decision that would change my life. I wanted to join the army; specifically become a trained officer in the University Officers' Training Corps. I mean, the determination that was in my heart to go out there and lead a group of men to defeat Islamic Fundamentalists and bring them back to base safely. I had an immense epiphany; I wanted to change the world by creating a bond and fellowship of brotherhood between my comrades, whilst at the same time helping to defeat an enemy that from birth, I knew I would swear to never give up trying to defeat. I know a lot of (especially British) troops never bother thinking about the political aspects of why they join the army, they just want a life-changing experience and to do something exciting with their lives. I on the other hand, wanted to do that as well as defeat Islamic Fundamentalism for the greater good, and to help create Democratic nations under a rule of law with freedom and liberty for all. I know I will face many disagreement on my next statement, but I will say it anyway: a bigger war is on the horizon, and it doesn’t just involve your typical Islamic Fundamentalists. Think about V for Vendetta; all it takes to destroy a government, is an idea. One single idea, spread to every person in every village of every town of every region of every country. You produce a book like the Bible, or the Qur’an with a set of ideals, morals and principles, those ideas are going to stick in those people’s minds forever. And the ones that decide to go that one step further, do it because they believe in those ideas more than anybody else. All it takes is an idea. That is why I think all religion is a threat as long as they contain such ideas.

The immense bond I would have created with my troops and the respect I would have earned, gave me all the more reason to join up and fight, and die honourably if necessary. Yes, I did think about that situation too, we all do. I think the one thing (among many) that stopped my decision from becoming a reality was that I knew there were better ways of spreading a better idea.

[Image: tumblr_mhlahyonF51qaozevo1_250.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2014, 04:26 PM
RE: Ideas.
So you haven't told anybody that you didn't join the military and instead chose to watch V For Vendetta?
Find all posts by this user
09-09-2014, 04:29 PM
(09-09-2014 04:26 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  So you haven't told anybody that you didn't join the military and instead chose to watch V For Vendetta?

What a beautifully constructive comment.

09-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Yes I was being sarcastic but my point was...what's your point?

I get your part about the military but it didn't seem to have anything to do with any "idea". And your "idea" that religion is a threat is not ground breaking thought.

Unless you're creating a blockbuster movie like persona to begin a war on religion and stir the masses...well than im not sure what you're getting after.
09-09-2014, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 04:58 PM by I Slappa DaFace.)
(09-09-2014 04:36 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Yes I was being sarcastic but my point was...what's your point?

I get your part about the military but it didn't seem to have anything to do with any "idea". And your "idea" that religion is a threat is not ground breaking thought.

Unless you're creating a blockbuster movie like persona to begin a war on religion and stir the masses...well than im not sure what you're getting after.

So I have to say something revolutionary in order to be a legitimate poster on this website, hmm? Ok, I am pretty sure that the part where I said a WAR is coming, is pretty solid evidence that I mean business with my views. I wasn't asking for sarcastic remarks. Christ, you can't say anything on this board unless it sounds uniquely philosophical, anything else will just be met with sarcastic dick-waving.

09-09-2014, 05:34 PM
I sincerely hope you're right as I believe that the elimination of religion should be the end game...but I don't see a war coming. Could you elaborate on why you feel that a war is inevitable?
09-09-2014, 06:18 PM
(09-09-2014 04:53 PM)I Slappa DaFace Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 04:36 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Yes I was being sarcastic but my point was...what's your point?

So I have to say something revolutionary in order to be a legitimate poster on this website, hmm? Ok, I am pretty sure that the part where I said a WAR is coming, is pretty solid evidence that I mean business with my views. I wasn't asking for sarcastic remarks. Christ, you can't say anything on this board unless it sounds uniquely philosophical, anything else will just be met with sarcastic dick-waving.

No, the remark was towards you having an idea and not telling us what your great idea actually was or why it matters so much.

it is basically a story with no real well defined point. If you refined the point you are trying to say in a better manner, we would know what your talking about and why it has something to do with Atheism vs theism. Which is the board to you posted this in.

So, in fuller and better words. What are you trying to tell us?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
09-09-2014, 07:35 PM
(09-09-2014 06:18 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 04:53 PM)I Slappa DaFace Wrote:  So I have to say something revolutionary in order to be a legitimate poster on this website, hmm? Ok, I am pretty sure that the part where I said a WAR is coming, is pretty solid evidence that I mean business with my views. I wasn't asking for sarcastic remarks. Christ, you can't say anything on this board unless it sounds uniquely philosophical, anything else will just be met with sarcastic dick-waving.

No, the remark was towards you having an idea and not telling us what your great idea actually was or why it matters so much.

it is basically a story with no real well defined point. If you refined the point you are trying to say in a better manner, we would know what your talking about and why it has something to do with Atheism vs theism. Which is the board to you posted this in.

So, in fuller and better words. What are you trying to tell us?

I was not talking about my idea, I was talking about the ideas spread by religious doctrine and scripture. Read the post again, and more carefully.

I was going to post this elsewhere, but had no idea where it would fit. I just wanted to express myself, I didn't realise I had to meet expectations. Sorry for my long reply, life calling for me as usual. On the contrary, this has everything to do with Atheism vs Theism, because what happens when war begins? Two sides form. I was referring to a war which has already started with such things like terrorism; ISIL, Boko Haram, and other fundamentalist groups which I saw as two threads of the same cloth. Your post is good, but the sarcastically twatty comments are not welcome on this board. I am not predicting a typical war, involving two strong sides. Wars involving religions on this scale are obviously going to be fought between multiple factions on different continents (Not to mention terrorism being a rather unorthodox method of waging war).

09-09-2014, 07:46 PM
I'm sorry for being "twatty" but religions have been at war with each other for thousands of years. Your post was more suggestive of an atheist uprising, of which I see none on the horizon.
09-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Very well, I understand now.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ