Ideas for tattoo ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2014, 02:04 PM
RE: Ideas for tattoo ?
(26-10-2014 01:54 PM)The Aesthetic Athiest Wrote:  
Quote:Get an idea together for what you want. Search the web for images. Research fonts for the saying. Put together what you want in your mind and think about for a while. If you are sure that the concept is really what you want then go looking for a GOOD, reputable tattoo artist. (S)he will make suggestions as to what will work and where on the body to make it look the best.

A tattoo isn't something to bargain shop for and should be something you will want to keep. As dark as your design is, this isn't really a good candidate or a later cover-up. Therefore it's going to be on you forever.

Get someone to sketch an outline on your skin with an eyeliner so you can decide if you really like it.

(26-10-2014 01:35 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  You shouldn't need other people's opinions. If you're going to get something that means something to you, get what feels right to YOU, not other people. Even if it has no sympathetic meaning to you and it's just a tattoo you like, if it feels right to you, do it.

I got my first tattoo a few months ago and I literally cried when it was finished because it means a lot to me and I loved how it turned out. I'm still very proud of it.

Thank you for the info sir, would you like to share your tattoo here & tell me the story behind it, i would be glad to hear it

I started the research on internet 3 months ago, thats why this quote suits me best & it means a lot to me as i've presented my story behind this quote

My tattoo artist is dumb in creativity department but does wonders in tattooing department

Then I have to suggest a different artist.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-10-2014, 02:15 PM
(26-10-2014 01:54 PM)The Aesthetic Athiest Wrote:  
Quote:Get an idea together for what you want. Search the web for images. Research fonts for the saying. Put together what you want in your mind and think about for a while. If you are sure that the concept is really what you want then go looking for a GOOD, reputable tattoo artist. (S)he will make suggestions as to what will work and where on the body to make it look the best.

A tattoo isn't something to bargain shop for and should be something you will want to keep. As dark as your design is, this isn't really a good candidate or a later cover-up. Therefore it's going to be on you forever.

Get someone to sketch an outline on your skin with an eyeliner so you can decide if you really like it.

(26-10-2014 01:35 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  You shouldn't need other people's opinions. If you're going to get something that means something to you, get what feels right to YOU, not other people. Even if it has no sympathetic meaning to you and it's just a tattoo you like, if it feels right to you, do it.

I got my first tattoo a few months ago and I literally cried when it was finished because it means a lot to me and I loved how it turned out. I'm still very proud of it.

Thank you for the info sir, would you like to share your tattoo here & tell me the story behind it, i would be glad to hear it

I started the research on internet 3 months ago, thats why this quote suits me best & it means a lot to me as i've presented my story behind this quote

My tattoo artist is dumb in creativity department but does wonders in tattooing department

Ferdinand is a woman.

Tattoos... Well, they are all personal, aren't they? I personally (hahaha, see what I did there?) don't have one, but there are times where I did think about getting one.

One of my ideas was of getting numbers tattooed on my arms in memory of all of my family killed in concentration camps all across Europe, but I scratched that idea because while they are my family, they have no personal connection with me. I briefly indulged the idea of getting The Deathly Hallows insignia tattooed on my torso (actually about where you had yours done), but too be honest, it's a bit over-done, and I think tattoos should be personal and unique.

Harry Potter saved my life, gave me dreams and taught me that impossible things can happen even under the most dire of circumstances, but I don't think there is any way to convey that idea in a nice, small fashion with ink.

I love small tattoos. I hate bigger-ish tattoos because I think they make the body look un-natural and ugly. If my eyes spend more time on the tattoo than on the person, I have a problem with it. So I prefer just a small tattoo somewhere hidden. My tattoo wouldn't be for everyone else to see. I don't want to set myself apart by telling (or showing) people "Oh, hey, I got a tattoo." If it's something really personal to me, it will be hidden where only people can see it if I let them.

I also love traditional (and by traditional, I mean when tattoos were a thing that set natives apart from others) tribal designs. There is something about them that screams ART to me. Maybe because it also had a practical purpose. Of course, I would NEVER get a tribal piece myself, but rather something modern.

When asked what time period I should have been born in, I always reply "My time period is of the future." I am always looking ahead. I would want my tattoo to reflect that, if I were to get one.

(I digress, but at one point, I thought about getting "To such Heights of Evil are men driven by religion" tattooed on me in Latin, but I never know if I am going to be an atheist forever.)

Maybe, just maybe, I'll get a tattoo that Simply says 'A2' on it. In memoriam of this place, and it's constant effect on me.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
26-10-2014, 02:22 PM
If you are going to get a tattoo containing the word 'atheist' make sure to spell it right.
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
26-10-2014, 03:16 PM
This is the easiest advice ever.

Get an atheist tattoo! Just like the atheist brochures that atheists hand out.
You can thank me in 30 years.

[Image: the-pamphlet-is-blank.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like RogueWarrior's post
26-10-2014, 11:54 PM
(26-10-2014 02:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 01:54 PM)The Aesthetic Athiest Wrote:  Thank you for the info sir, would you like to share your tattoo here & tell me the story behind it, i would be glad to hear it

Then I have to suggest a different artist.

Done sir !
26-10-2014, 11:55 PM
(26-10-2014 02:15 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 01:54 PM)The Aesthetic Athiest Wrote:  Thank you for the info sir, would you like to share your tattoo here & tell me the story behind it, i would be glad to hear it

Ferdinand is a woman.

Tattoos... Well, they are all personal, aren't they? I personally (hahaha, see what I did there?) don't have one, but there are times where I did think about getting one.

One of my ideas was of getting numbers tattooed on my arms in memory of all of my family killed in concentration camps all across Europe, but I scratched that idea because while they are my family, they have no personal connection with me. I briefly indulged the idea of getting The Deathly Hallows insignia tattooed on my torso (actually about where you had yours done), but too be honest, it's a bit over-done, and I think tattoos should be personal and unique.

Harry Potter saved my life, gave me dreams and taught me that impossible things can happen even under the most dire of circumstances, but I don't think there is any way to convey that idea in a nice, small fashion with ink.

I love small tattoos. I hate bigger-ish tattoos because I think they make the body look un-natural and ugly. If my eyes spend more time on the tattoo than on the person, I have a problem with it. So I prefer just a small tattoo somewhere hidden. My tattoo wouldn't be for everyone else to see. I don't want to set myself apart by telling (or showing) people "Oh, hey, I got a tattoo." If it's something really personal to me, it will be hidden where only people can see it if I let them.

I also love traditional (and by traditional, I mean when tattoos were a thing that set natives apart from others) tribal designs. There is something about them that screams ART to me. Maybe because it also had a practical purpose. Of course, I would NEVER get a tribal piece myself, but rather something modern.

When asked what time period I should have been born in, I always reply "My time period is of the future." I am always looking ahead. I would want my tattoo to reflect that, if I were to get one.

(I digress, but at one point, I thought about getting "To such Heights of Evil are men driven by religion" tattooed on me in Latin, but I never know if I am going to be an atheist forever.)

Maybe, just maybe, I'll get a tattoo that Simply says 'A2' on it. In memoriam of this place, and it's constant effect on me.

wow thats deep !
12-07-2016, 05:03 PM
Tattoo threads look dead and decayed but my boy gave me a good one tonight with a Sharpie. He's a clever bastard.

[Image: cleverboy.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-07-2016, 05:07 PM
(12-07-2016 05:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Tattoo threads look dead and decayed but my boy gave me a good one tonight with a Sharpie. He's a clever bastard.

[Image: cleverboy.jpg]

Tell him to stick with Sharpies. His line work is uneven.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
12-07-2016, 05:17 PM
(24-10-2014 01:49 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Get a tatoo of a foot on your foot.

No get a tattoo of a foot on your hand and a hand on your foot.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
12-07-2016, 05:21 PM
Ideas for tattoo ?
[Image: b143c071c6340e6c443b5c9774652da2.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post