Identifying an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2014, 03:17 PM
RE: Identifying an Atheist
Most people who know me are aware I've always been a "free spirit". Blink
I think many may be too afraid to say the word "atheist"... as if it would somehow be perceived as accusatory. whatever

When I'm feeling shy but still want to get out there and mingle ... to see who's who and what's what... I like to wear one of my atheist teeshirts... it often gets people talking.

One of my favorites I purchased from TTA ... the one that says: I have a personal relationship with reality. - reality is spelled with the large, starburst "A" atheist logo... it's ambiguous yet, hits the nail on the head.

One day, I happened to be in the town's main coffee shop - the owner/barista saw it and said "Oh man! I know soooo many people I'd like to give that shirt to." I asked her if she was sure she wouldn't have to explain it to them. She chuckled and agreed they might not get it. I've hung out in her shop for years but now, I'm her newly realized friend. I think she's happy to not be so alone outside of her family.

I've found many an atheist island afloat out here in the vast, christee ocean of prairie grass. Where I live, it's a particular pleasure to shake another atheist hand; it makes that relationship with reality all the more real. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post