Identity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2011, 06:40 AM
Identity
Natural-born mathematician; artist, poet, visionary; ellenjanuary just posted on another forum. You peeps know me by now; what I just saw was another 4.

What I just said: the insidious form of oppression seems to be self oppression. Where a maturing morality comes into conflict with existing ethical standard.

In virtuality I'm third age; in reality third age begins in Worcester Massachusetts on Wednesday, February 1st. Yeah, I'm counting the fucking days; my payee is being reluctant in giving me my scratch... which may mean a postponement until after I get out of stir for killing my payee. Big Grin

Identity, to my naive philosophy, seems to be the thing to have. My legal identity is John; the way things are going, I expect ellenjanuary Cantor to be added to that shit directly. What I'm talking about is being like a normal human fucking being for the first time ever - as I honestly do not do future - what I'm working with is moral certainty. I am on the threshold of achieving parity with the I within to the I without, and it's gonna be superfly.

Forty-three years of Fucking Nothing due to the fact that my family name hung around my neck like a ball and chain; and rather than the stupid, infantile dreams of "returning home" with obscene wealth, I'm going back there with three words and my Gwynnies on my arm. 4,4 the win.

I know some of you peeps got identity like I'm talking about. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2011, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2011 10:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Identity
(16-12-2011 06:40 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I know some of you peeps got identity like I'm talking about. Wink

Yeah, I grok you fool.

(16-12-2011 06:40 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Identity, to my naive philosophy, seems to be the thing to have. ... I am on the threshold of achieving parity with the I within to the I without, and it's gonna be superfly.

It most definitely is SuperFly, fucker.

(16-12-2011 06:40 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Natural-born mathematician; artist, poet, visionary; ellenjanuary just posted on another forum.

What forum is that? I'll sign up and play with you there too, brother.

(16-12-2011 06:40 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  What I just said: the insidious form of oppression seems to be self oppression. Where a maturing morality comes into conflict with existing ethical standard.

There's a fine line between self oppression and prudent self regulation. Everybody gets to draw their own line.

(16-12-2011 06:40 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  In virtuality I'm third age; in reality third age begins in Worcester Massachusetts on Wednesday, February 1st. Yeah, I'm counting the fucking days; my payee is being reluctant in giving me my scratch... which may mean a postponement until after I get out of stir for killing my payee. Big Grin

How much can a bus ticket cost? Girly contributed dineros to a dude over at imminst.org (I'm fatboy over there, so GirlyMan is my second virtual visage) calling himself The First Immortal who couldn't deal with the abyss and wanted to be cryopreserved to try and avoid it. His delusion of revival is at least plausible, unlike religions' so I gave him some coin to help him reach his frozen destination.

(16-12-2011 06:40 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I know some of you peeps got identity like I'm talking about. Wink

yup, I grok you fool.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-12-2011, 11:53 AM
GirlyMan, that groking shit is superfly, man. Gotta get down to dat funky groove.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
17-12-2011, 03:59 PM
@houseofcantor
I am honest. I had to read your post 3 (three) times before I understood your points, or at least I think I do. I just don't get how they fit together but who cares, really.

So first question, who is ellenjanuary?
Second question, what's third age? I only know new age but I suppose that's something else.

And now a few random things that I think about identity because it fits so well here:

Is identity something every living being has? Or is it something man made? We just feel the need to put things in boxes... and identity would be another box? Like this is John, born 1982 in London, red hair, 1,80m, blue eyes, married, music teacher, likes arts and and cars, ...... Is that an identity? Is that what "John" sees himself like? What makes identity anyway? Really is it all the little boxes we are put in by others that make identity? Or is it what we think we are?
In my case:
Names are not important for me, not part of an identity, gender is not important to me, race, hair or eye color, age. I don't care about such things in others and neither in myself. What I care about is the person behind all the things you can see, the brain if you want.
I had my "little" identity chrisis a few years ago and it got me very deep down. I lost a lot during that time. Especially some of my sanity. But I also gained a lot and now I am still a little insane but I don't have a problem with it anymore Smile

I hope that was not too random... Just a bit of brainstorming Smile

cheers

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
18-12-2011, 12:37 AM
(17-12-2011 03:59 PM)Leela Wrote:  @houseofcantor
I am honest. I had to read your post 3 (three) times before I understood your points, or at least I think I do. I just don't get how they fit together but who cares, really.

So first question, who is ellenjanuary?
Second question, what's third age? I only know new age but I suppose that's something else.

And now a few random things that I think about identity because it fits so well here:

Is identity something every living being has? Or is it something man made? We just feel the need to put things in boxes... and identity would be another box? Like this is John, born 1982 in London, red hair, 1,80m, blue eyes, married, music teacher, likes arts and and cars, ...... Is that an identity? Is that what "John" sees himself like? What makes identity anyway? Really is it all the little boxes we are put in by others that make identity? Or is it what we think we are?
In my case:
Names are not important for me, not part of an identity, gender is not important to me, race, hair or eye color, age. I don't care about such things in others and neither in myself. What I care about is the person behind all the things you can see, the brain if you want.
I had my "little" identity chrisis a few years ago and it got me very deep down. I lost a lot during that time. Especially some of my sanity. But I also gained a lot and now I am still a little insane but I don't have a problem with it anymore Smile

I hope that was not too random... Just a bit of brainstorming Smile

cheers

Hi Leela
Only threee readings? you're doing well. I try
& sort of intuit HoC.
Don't worry about sanity; its the ones who tell you how well adjusted they are you have to watch.

FRom the pits you can really rise and move towards the pinnacles~~~~~~~Wink
18-12-2011, 02:03 PM
(17-12-2011 03:59 PM)Leela Wrote:  What makes identity anyway?

Spent an entire semester studying this very question under Raymond Martin while he was at Maryland. Didn't come away with any answers, just a queasy feeling that "I" am far more tenuous than I thought I was.

And here's a book I read a while ago which just made me even queasier. The User Illusion: Cutting Consciousness Down to Size.

(17-12-2011 03:59 PM)Leela Wrote:  So first question, who is ellenjanuary?

Someone who doesn't hold much stock in personal identity.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
18-12-2011, 05:27 PM
(18-12-2011 02:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-12-2011 03:59 PM)Leela Wrote:  What makes identity anyway?

Spent an entire semester studying this very question under Raymond Martin while he was at Maryland. Didn't come away with any answers, just a queasy feeling that "I" am far more tenuous than I thought I was.

And here's a book I read a while ago which just made me even queasier. The User Illusion: Cutting Consciousness Down to Size.

(17-12-2011 03:59 PM)Leela Wrote:  So first question, who is ellenjanuary?

Someone who doesn't hold much stock in personal identity.
I think I am an Ellenjanuary;anyhow it sounds impressive --and anyhow I was born in January.
Will check out your link......all I can say about "identity" is that it is transitory.
19-12-2011, 07:36 AM
I honestly dont think I will ever know who I am truely. I can think I do and tell myself who I am but thats only a concious level and im sure my sub-concious is singing to a different songsheet.

Trying to work out who I am is fun though, im sure we all hold truths in some way in these moments of introspection.......I like to think these lessons teach me more about the world and me than anything external can.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
19-12-2011, 07:51 AM
(17-12-2011 11:53 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  GirlyMan, that groking shit is superfly, man. Gotta get down to dat funky groove.

This has scarred me for life.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
19-12-2011, 10:56 AM
@GirlyMan:
Sounds interesting. Wanna share to what conclusions you came in that semester? I am curious Smile

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)