Idiocracy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Idiocracy
One of the best comedies on Evolution. It shows the evolution of two family trees: The less intelligent family reproduces like crazy and the branches keep going. The more intelligent and educated couple waits to establish careers and by the time they get around to trying to have kids they're too old to conceive. All of society follows this same pattern. Fast forward 500 years and the world is just a bunch of idiots (thus the name).

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2011, 07:40 PM
RE: Idiocracy
I love the movie =p it's really a great way of suggesting exactly what is proven by society =p And I rarely like Mike Judge.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
01-09-2011, 08:42 PM
I also love it. It needs to be seen as a sort of social commentary to be truly appreciated and some people don't get that. Frustrating. Anyways I'd own it if any stores carried thedamn thing.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2011, 04:31 PM
I watched the movie and it took 3 days before I could stop thinking everyone around me was as stupid as they really are.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
06-09-2011, 05:23 AM
One of the best movies ever. Love the idea of "stupiding" the mankind through evolution.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
06-09-2011, 09:57 AM
I've never seen this movie but the description of it made me think of a story called "The Marching Morons" by Cyril Kornbluth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Marching_Morons

God's invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
Romans 1:20 ESV

blog
06-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Same set up basically. Although idiocracy has a better set up I think than the story you linked. A dental drill... really? Also they diverge in that instead of being a con man Joe is instead actually trying to help.

Interesting that even back then the idea of stupid people taking over the world was prevalent. I almost want to read this story... almost.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
07-09-2011, 01:38 AM
This story has also one difference, in the story there are intelligent people who try to maintain order, in Idiocracy there are no more intelligent people, there is only moderate intelligent guy from the past and a hooker afraid of her pimp tracking her to the future...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson