Idiot's way to do things - Assad removal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2017, 03:22 PM
Idiot's way to do things - Assad removal
Well, we're going for another quagmire in Syria. A bigger one than already existing. The idiot's way to do politics prevails yet again. Removal of Assad being a priority, apart from not having a plan for the aftermath, without knowing or caring about the different factions, many of them islamist in nature.

Oh, and of course, without any shred of evidence, the chemical attack card is played yet again. As always, I shudder to think about American politics. The most powerful country in the world, run by shortsighted idiots. And no, Trump doesn't get exclusive rights to the title.

Quote:The US ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, has told CNN that removing Syrian President Bashar al-Assad from power is a priority, cementing an extraordinary U-turn in the Trump administration's stance on the embattled leader.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/09/middle...aftermath/

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like abaris's post
09-04-2017, 03:33 PM
RE: Idiot's way to do things - Assad removal
I read some speculation (i.e. random person's comment on the Internet) that Trump would listen to Putin if we started anything with Iran, since Russia and Iran are allies. I guess there's no chance of that now.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
09-04-2017, 08:49 PM
Dumb, dumb, dumb.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
10-04-2017, 01:28 AM
Hi,

The Putin/Assad joint command have issued the expected 'red line' warning against any further military action from the US in Syria. We'll have to see if/how they back that up. Assad might be wise to invite more ground troops from Russia and Iran into the country asap?

It is almost certain that Iran would be up for that, but is Putin ready for the challenge?

D.
[+] 2 users Like Dworkin's post
10-04-2017, 01:55 AM
(09-04-2017 03:22 PM)abaris Wrote:  Well, we're going for another quagmire in Syria. A bigger one than already existing. The idiot's way to do politics prevails yet again. Removal of Assad being a priority, apart from not having a plan for the aftermath, without knowing or caring about the different factions, many of them islamist in nature.

Oh, and of course, without any shred of evidence, the chemical attack card is played yet again. As always, I shudder to think about American politics. The most powerful country in the world, run by shortsighted idiots. And no, Trump doesn't get exclusive rights to the title.

The US was, and continues to be guilty of far greater war crimes. It's a real shame that this policy of forcibly removing leaders of sovereign States continues, despite the overwhelming evidence of the expected outcomes for the people in those regions. They simply need to be allowed to advance at their own pace into the modern era without interference from foreign States/bullies. The US removed Saddam Hussein, destabilising the entire region, and during that time directly provided material support to ISIA (Islamic State in Afghanistan) that later became the ISIL we know today.

Nothing good comes of prolific warmongering.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Aractus's post
10-04-2017, 02:31 AM
(10-04-2017 01:55 AM)Aractus Wrote:  ...
Nothing good comes of prolific warmongering.

Unless you're a beneficiary of the military–industrial complex.

Check your stocks and shares, people. Are you contributing to this insanity?

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
10-04-2017, 05:24 AM
Hi,

Putin's threat is not empty. A brief Google on the subject confirms that Russia have around 1500 nuclear warheads currently deliverable to the continental USA. Hypersonic MIRV technology ensures the strike rate to be high against US missile defences. The ICBMs come from a range of launch platforms, most of them regularly moved.

The Russians also have submarine 'doomsday weapons' which would render all US harbours and coastal cities unihabitable long term, using dirty bomb technology.

As I think Trump's Republican friends would say: "Lock and Load". Thumbsup

As a reasonable and thoughtful man, I am not smiling, although the Evangelicals may have reason to celebrate?

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
10-04-2017, 08:45 AM
Seen this morning on the way back from the VA:

"Elect a clown,
Expect a circus."

Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Gawdzilla's post
10-04-2017, 05:02 PM
(10-04-2017 01:28 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Hi,

The Putin/Assad joint command have issued the expected 'red line' warning against any further military action from the US in Syria. We'll have to see if/how they back that up. Assad might be wise to invite more ground troops from Russia and Iran into the country asap?

It is almost certain that Iran would be up for that, but is Putin ready for the challenge?

D.

No.

Putin likes to strut around as if he still commands a superpower military.

He doesn't.

We're talking about a military so strapped for cash that they couldn't even put the MiG-29M Fulcrum into production and they have to sell rides in Su-30 Fulcrums to rich people to help pay for flight time for the pilots.

They only have one naval fleet that's at all operable -- granted, it's powerful, but most of the ships still use Cold War technology. One carrier battlegroup to America's 10. Yeah, he's not winning at sea and that's where any conflict will likely occur.

"If my God exists, then the laws in the Bible should apply to everyone. I am certain my God exists, so ..." -- words of a theocratic fascist justifying theocratic fascism.
10-04-2017, 05:48 PM
(10-04-2017 05:02 PM)Shirina Wrote:  No.

Putin likes to strut around as if he still commands a superpower military.

He doesn't.

We're talking about a military so strapped for cash that they couldn't even put the MiG-29M Fulcrum into production and they have to sell rides in Su-30 Fulcrums to rich people to help pay for flight time for the pilots.

They only have one naval fleet that's at all operable -- granted, it's powerful, but most of the ships still use Cold War technology. One carrier battlegroup to America's 10. Yeah, he's not winning at sea and that's where any conflict will likely occur.

He still got a lot of punch. Under the best of circumstances the scenario would look like this. Europe, for it's largest part, being totally cut off from energy supplies, since both, natural gas and oil are coming from Russia for the largest part. The consequence would be an economical crisis of unknown proportions. To this comes a humanitarian crisis in places such as Ukraine, since they are totally dependent on Russian energy and would freeze to death come winter.

That's assuming this stays conventional, which it wouldn't if push comes to shove and someone is starting to lose. And that's even assuming that it's only Russia that would be antagonized. The most recent mindless chest pounding is directed against North Korea. China won't sit on the sidelines if something were to happen there. Again, an economical crisis of unknown proportions would certainly follow. Ground zero would be the USA, since China more or less controls the dollar. The Fallout would reach the rest of the world within a few days.

The time for chest pounding over carrier groups and shit like that is past it's sell by date. The way the world is intertwined these days, there can be no conflict between larger powers unless one wants to take a head dive into economic oblivion.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]