Idiotic Lefties Are Responsible for the Trump Effect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2017, 11:56 AM
RE: Idiotic Lefties Are Responsible for the Trump Effect
(22-06-2017 11:54 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 10:36 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I think that anyone who looks at the current dumpster fire and says to themselves, "You know what we need to fix this? Less social justice.", is not living in reality.

If voters react negatively to the premise that 'the LGBT community are people too', the problem wasn't in confronting their ignorance and bigotry, the problem is the ignorance and bigotry. The solution to that is not less social justice.

Which of these brilliant strategies of the SJWs would you most want to implement to improve our issues?

We could allow Sharia in America like Linda Sarsour wants, that might be progressive?

We could re-introduce racial segregation, or start paying reparations, like some of the BLM folks want, that might move us down the right track.

You tell me which of these policies will get us back on track? They claim to be fighting for social justice. Get in the trenches.

If I said nothing, would you also interpret that as blanket acceptance? I have to ask, given your demonstrable track record of applying double standards. Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2017, 11:58 AM
(22-06-2017 11:56 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 11:54 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Which of these brilliant strategies of the SJWs would you most want to implement to improve our issues?

We could allow Sharia in America like Linda Sarsour wants, that might be progressive?

We could re-introduce racial segregation, or start paying reparations, like some of the BLM folks want, that might move us down the right track.

You tell me which of these policies will get us back on track? They claim to be fighting for social justice. Get in the trenches.

If I said nothing, would you also interpret that as blanket acceptance? I have to ask, given your demonstrable track record of applying double standards. Consider

I certainly don't expect you to defend your ideals if that's what you mean.

22-06-2017, 12:06 PM
(22-06-2017 11:58 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 11:56 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  If I said nothing, would you also interpret that as blanket acceptance? I have to ask, given your demonstrable track record of applying double standards. Consider

I certainly don't expect you to defend your ideals if that's what you mean.

You didn't ask that, you're trying to bait me into defending other people's actions and opinions. You question highlights your own blatant disingenuous behavior.

Seriously, how are you this shit at communicating? No wonder nobody wants to Skype with you...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
22-06-2017, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2017 12:32 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-06-2017 09:45 PM)epronovost Wrote:  I personnaly think the famous boogeyman of the ''SJW'' as very little to do with it.

Before I came here I thought SJW was an abbreviation for "single Jewish woman" looking for love in all the wrong places in the personal ads. Shit, now I feel compelled to go look up the etymology of this new abbreviation and see if I can find an entymologist who can diagnose the etiology of this affliction I have.

EDIT: So apparently it was used as an accolade until 2011 when some sort of gender war called Gamergate happened and poopdem started using it as a derogatory term implying insincerity and a cool phrase I'm gonna steal called "virtue signaling". Fucking kids just make shit up as they go.

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-06-2017, 12:18 PM
(22-06-2017 12:06 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 11:58 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I certainly don't expect you to defend your ideals if that's what you mean.

You didn't ask that, you're trying to bait me into defending other people's actions and opinions. You question highlights your own blatant disingenuous behavior.

Seriously, how are you this shit at communicating? No wonder nobody wants to Skype with you...

You defended that rubric that those ideas fit under. Not me. I offered you the opportunity to denounce is, and you rejected that opportunity. I presume you don't genuinely support those things, but if so you should denounce it. I think you didn't because you don't want to admit you were wrong to knowingly lump that crazy regressive shit in with 'social justice' to make you sound like the good guy while demonizing me. What you did is disingenuous.

22-06-2017, 12:18 PM
(22-06-2017 12:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  entymologist
Laughat

One who studies the derivation of bugs, right? Or is it the deviations of bugs? Gasp

[Image: P6290145-o3.JPG]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
22-06-2017, 12:23 PM
(22-06-2017 11:40 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  It's not a strawman if it's true. Shining a light on a problem is not making a strawman. They should shine a light on it. So should we.

Shining a light on a problem can be a form of strawman under certain circomstances. For example, if I shine a light on all the woo pedling, wrong headed or ''stupid lefties'' without contextualising them or defending explicitly the same ideology, I am at risk of creating a strawman. It's a basic composition fallacy. I am using a rethorical trick to conflate the ideology with stupidity or wrong ideas, thus discrediting the whole corpus. Even if this wasn't my intent, I have provided arguments and support to those who hold to different if not opposite values on those issues. Pointing out, debunking stupid and false belief isn't enough, one must also contextualise them. One must also be open and explicit about the goals and agenda behind the critique else this might be yet another manipulation trick to discredit an ideology.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
22-06-2017, 12:29 PM
(22-06-2017 12:23 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 11:40 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  It's not a strawman if it's true. Shining a light on a problem is not making a strawman. They should shine a light on it. So should we.

Shining a light on a problem can be a form of strawman under certain circomstances. For example, if I shine a light on all the woo pedling, wrong headed or ''stupid lefties'' without contextualising them or defending explicitly the same ideology, I am at risk of creating a strawman. It's a basic composition fallacy. I am using a rethorical trick to conflate the ideology with stupidity or wrong ideas, thus discrediting the whole corpus. Even if this wasn't my intent, I have provided arguments and support to those who hold to different if not opposite values on those issues. Pointing out, debunking stupid and false belief isn't enough, one must also contextualise them. One must also be open and explicit about the goals and agenda behind the critique else this might be yet another manipulation trick to discredit an ideology.

No. A strawman is specifically attacking an argument not proposed by your opponents and treating the argument as if it was theirs. There is not one iota of responsibility of your enemy to explain why you believe what you believe, or to provide guesses on statistics that support your opponent's beliefs or anything of the sort.

22-06-2017, 12:30 PM
(22-06-2017 12:18 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 12:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  entymologist
Laughat

One who studies the derivation of bugs, right? Or is it the deviations of bugs? Gasp

I use it more for introspection myself.

One morning, when Gregor Samsa woke from troubled dreams, he found himself transformed in his bed into a horrible vermin. He lay on his armour-like back, and if he lifted his head a little he could see his brown belly, slightly domed and divided by arches into stiff sections. The bedding was hardly able to cover it and seemed ready to slide off any moment. His many legs, pitifully thin compared with the size of the rest of him, waved about helplessly as he looked.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-06-2017, 12:36 PM
(22-06-2017 12:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  One morning, when Gregor Samsa woke from troubled dreams, he found himself transformed in his bed into a horrible vermin.

Bah. That's some of us's daily routine. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post