Idiotic Lefties Are Responsible for the Trump Effect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2017, 01:22 PM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2017 01:43 PM by Szuchow.)
RE: Idiotic Lefties Are Responsible for the Trump Effect
(23-06-2017 01:09 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(23-06-2017 01:00 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Chill maybe and read the thread? Then you may understand. Or not. Drinking Beverage

You "stand" for oppressed minorities by wanting to include them in entertainment works? That's good but meanwhile I will stick to believe it or not not being a dick to them and valuing authors freedom to take inspiration from where they want.

Chill maybe and read my original post. Then you may understand. Or not. Drinking Beverage

Seems you're quite resistant in refusing to see why your opponent in discussion opinion might make sense. I wrote this without ill will - read the earlier posts and you will see from where bit about Slavic folklore comes. Or don't read and scream at bad racist while spouting pithy phrases about being disappointed. Drinking Beverage It's simply hilarious when opponent in question does not call himself good.

Quote:I was talking about ONE book I'm translating and how IT handles this - among other things, like commenting on the current political situation in the US.

I noticed, yet I was still thinking about Morondog post and perhaps unfortunately decided to tie two topics.

Quote:YOU rode in with the battlecry of the bigot "I don't mind X people, BUT" (pray tell, what IS there to mind? Do you often say "I don't mind left-handed people" or "I don't mind brown-eyed people"?) and starting talking about them being inserted everywhere and Black people in Slavic folklore which is something I never said.

I've never said that you said something about black people in Slavic folklore. It's I who said it and I see no reason to deny it. You took it as strawman while I had no intention of erecting one.

I written things in context of Witcher when I was answering to your post.

Lastly fact that I "liked" your post escaped your attention? Or you just think that I'm in habit of liking posts with content of which I disagree?

Quote:So yeah, physician heal thyself and learn to read. Drinking Beverage

Heed your own advice. Or burn with the righteous fury. Drinking Beverage

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2017, 01:32 PM
If idiotic lefties are responsible for the Trump effect, who is responsible for idiotic lefties? Ultimately we're all biological machines following a set program. This never ending chain of cause/effect started with that asshole God, the only one with any choice in the matter, for creating Eve in a way that her biologically predetermined level of greed vs willpower would, through no fault of her own, ultimately cause her to eat the apple/pomegranate, thereby setting into motion a chain of events that would one day lead to snowflakes and Trump.

'Murican Canadian
23-06-2017, 01:38 PM
(23-06-2017 01:14 PM)epronovost Wrote:  I think we can agree on the following.

1) Games, like any other entertainment media can be used to transmit ideas, perceptions and beliefs to their audience. The more complex and involving the story is, the more meaning it as and the more potential it as to transmit ideas, perceptions and beliefs to their audience.

Could agree.

Quote:2) Games would be well served by being more diverse, offering more varied stories, with more varied characters (protagonist or not) in more varied settings.

Variety does not equal quality. Sometimes you don't need a good story, only a good gameplay mechanic.

Quote:3) Games are a cultural product and as such should be criticised from a socio-cultural point of view. It's important to be capable of recognising and criticising plot devices, tropes and messages as to avoid specific games being turned into propaganda tools for any specific ideology, especially if that said ideology is against the common good (which they totally can).

No should for me. Games could be criticized for whatever person doing criticism want. It's not up to me to decide in according to what criteria others should rate product.

Quote:4) Authors should be capable of writting any story they want in watever way they want, but should be aware and conscious of their impact and their influence on the public. On the other side of the mirror, the public must accept the writters freedom, but are completly free to not like it and say it out loud, or even enjoy their work, have lots of fun and still think that this specific stuff is bad.

I would simply say that author isn't under any obligation to conform to audience tastes except for financial one. And just as readers could say that author is stupid for not including whatever they want to be included, author can say that they're dense for thinking that they know better what should be in book not written by them.

Quote:5) The gaming industry and ''culture'' should favor diversity and critique instead of formulaic stories and games (which is a pitfall of large studios and escapist audience).

Hardly. Games are done for profit so I see no reason with letting developer decide what games to make.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-06-2017, 01:43 PM
You replied DIRECTLY to my post, about ONE specific book. If you wanted to talk in general (and I am yet to see a post asking that ALL works of fiction MUST have gay characters in them. Please feel free to point me to this post, because frankly, when it comes to video games, which I find one of the biggest waste of life, I might have skimmed some points) there are plenty of ways to do it WITHOUT replying to ME. When people reply directly to someone they are usually commenting on the points made in that specific post. What you might or might not have been thinking about I have no way - or desire - of knowing.

There was no refusal to see a point because there was no point, just a dishonest and flippant comment about "Black people in Slavic folklore" replying to nothing ANYONE in the thread has ever said.

And I know this place has become one bigass popularity contest but likes have nothing to do with any of this.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-06-2017, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2017 02:26 PM by Szuchow.)
(23-06-2017 01:43 PM)Vera Wrote:  You replied DIRECTLY to my post, about ONE specific book. If you wanted to talk in general (and I am yet to see a post asking that ALL works of fiction MUST have GAY characters in them. Please feel free to point me to this post, because frankly, when it comes to video games, which I find one of the biggest waste of life, I might have skimmed some posts) there are plenty of ways to do it WITHOUT replying to ME. When people reply directly to someone they are usually commenting on the points made in that specific post. What is you might or might not have been thinking about I have no way - or desire - of knowing.

Honestly? Tough shit. I already spoke my part explaining what and why I wrote. Don't like it? Think me disingenuous? That's tough. Life is full of disappointments even if they are really small disappointments.

Quote:There was no refusal to see a point because there was no point, just a dishonest and flippant comment about "Black people in Slavic folklore" replying to nothing ANYONE in the thread has ever said.

False. You many not want to see this but Morondog didn't agree with lack of black people in Witcher game and I answered that lack of them was just result of game being faithful to the book, while mentioning earlier that lack of diversity in terms of human races was idea taken from said book.

I admit that it's EK who first spoke that the reason for lack of black people is game being adaptation of book.. I have no trouble with saying that my first mention of Slavic folklore is in post to you.

Quote:And I know this place has become one bigass popularity contest but likes have nothing to do with any of this.

I would say that they indicate at least some level of agreement.

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-06-2017, 02:05 PM
(22-06-2017 10:59 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Sorry for not getting the gist of the whole thing. Blush

I do see/feel people using the term "Social Justice Warrior" in much the same 'Tail wagging dog' fashion as using/saying "Politically Correct".

A vile and disingenuous sort of behaviour to hide their bigotry, ignorance and hatred.

Whenever I see someone use "SJW" as a pejorative, I recognize them as someone who doesn't care about justice for anyone else, just themselves.

I don't go hunting for causes or upbraid people for not sharing my feelings -- but I'll be goddamned if I'm silent in the face of bigotry. That doesn't make me an SJW. It makes me someone who is able to see outside myself. I don't mind paying more in taxes to help others less fortunate get affordable health care. That doesn't make me an SJW. I'm tired of America exporting explosives to brown countries the moment they look askance at us. None of that makes me an SJW.

When I see someone using "SJW", I know I'm confronting a self-serving agenda.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
23-06-2017, 02:33 PM
Morondog is talking about one specific game. If you wanted to comment on that you should have replied to him not to me. Replies directed AT ME I'll take in the context of what I wrote and in that context it was flippant and dishonest.

Tough shit.

23-06-2017, 02:39 PM
(22-06-2017 07:06 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  FYI, THIS is what Satire looks like.

That's actually pretty good, I mean for a hillbilly.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-06-2017, 02:39 PM
(23-06-2017 02:33 PM)Vera Wrote:  Morondog is talking about one specific game. If you wanted to comment on that you should have replied to him not to me. Replies directed AT ME I'll take in the context of what I wrote and in that context it was flippant and dishonest.

Tough shit.

I'm aware of what Morondog is speaking. I commented on it and I even clearly stated that I was still thinking about his post when I written to you. You choose to not take this into account. Now you can go cry some more about being disappointed in me. Drinking Beverage

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-06-2017, 03:08 PM
Can you please continue this infantility by yourself. I outgrew having to have the last word when I was about 16.

[Image: tumblr_m50i2i83Wi1qinmdwo1_500.gif]