Idiotic Lefties Are Responsible for the Trump Effect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2017, 11:43 AM
RE: Idiotic Lefties Are Responsible for the Trump Effect
(21-06-2017 11:30 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 11:27 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  The thread title has no connection whatsoever to the OP - I guess that's permitted but Mr. D. Light only annihilates his own credibility with that stunt.

You think the religious right overwhelmingly voted for a mutli-divorced, billionaire, immigrant-marrying, protectionist candidate based on his commitment to piety?

I think they voted for their cynical self-interest on issues that they're dicks about. Which kinda gives the lie to their piety.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
21-06-2017, 11:48 AM
(21-06-2017 11:43 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 11:30 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  You think the religious right overwhelmingly voted for a mutli-divorced, billionaire, immigrant-marrying, protectionist candidate based on his commitment to piety?

I think they voted for their cynical self-interest on issues that they're dicks about. Which kinda gives the lie to their piety.

I get it...the left is just as much to blame (and maybe a bit more to blame) for the effect, as the right.

There were and still are problems the left refuses to acknowledge and will most assuredly continue to repeat.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-06-2017, 11:49 AM
(21-06-2017 11:43 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 11:30 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  You think the religious right overwhelmingly voted for a mutli-divorced, billionaire, immigrant-marrying, protectionist candidate based on his commitment to piety?

According to the popular narrative it is against their self-interest, but I'd be happy to discuss this via a recorded an posted Skype conversation at some point. I have made this offer to several people, with all denials so far. Will you commit to this?

21-06-2017, 11:50 AM
But what we need is a good "businessman" in the Oval Office.
Oh wait.
He's declared bankruptcy 6, (SIX!) times with his businesses.
Yeah, he's a freekin' business genius.
He's SO good, no bank would lend to him, and he got his capital from Russian oligarch scum bags.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
21-06-2017, 11:52 AM
(21-06-2017 11:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  But what we need is a good "businessman" in the Oval Office.
Oh wait.
He's SO good, no bank would lend to him, and he got his capital from Russian oligarch scum bags.

Please note that I've said absolutely nothing defending Trump's business acumen. Nor do I think he is a good representative of America.

21-06-2017, 11:58 AM
(21-06-2017 11:52 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 11:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  But what we need is a good "businessman" in the Oval Office.
Oh wait.

Please note that I've said absolutely nothing defending Trump's business acumen. Nor do I think he is a good representative of America.

Yeah I know. It was a general remark ... the people who voted for him did so for their OWN multiple, sometimes deluded reasons.
I doubt the lady Deepak Chopra in the article swayed any votes.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-06-2017, 12:01 PM
(21-06-2017 11:49 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 11:43 AM)morondog Wrote:  I think they voted for their cynical self-interest on issues that they're dicks about. Which kinda gives the lie to their piety.

According to the popular narrative it is against their self-interest, but I'd be happy to discuss this via a recorded an posted Skype conversation at some point. I have made this offer to several people, with all denials so far. Will you commit to this?

Not that interested in Skype conversations, what's wrong with having the conversation in the thread? Boxing ring is also possible. But I'm not wedded to my view - you're free to change my mind.

I think Trump's promises of abortion rights being fucked over - which he has kept - and the general trend of pandering to the religious that he's started were more than enough for "Christians who love their fellow man" to cheerfully vote him in.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
21-06-2017, 12:09 PM
(21-06-2017 12:01 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 11:49 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  According to the popular narrative it is against their self-interest, but I'd be happy to discuss this via a recorded an posted Skype conversation at some point. I have made this offer to several people, with all denials so far. Will you commit to this?

Not that interested in Skype conversations, what's wrong with having the conversation in the thread? Boxing ring is also possible. But I'm not wedded to my view - you're free to change my mind.

I think Trump's promises of abortion rights being fucked over - which he has kept - and the general trend of pandering to the religious that he's started were more than enough for "Christians who love their fellow man" to cheerfully vote him in.

Once again, I must insist that you not argue a strawman, as I've said nothing against specific policy, an nothing on abortion whatsoever. The purpose of a audio conversation (or video) is that I can cover 100 yards verbally that I an cover 1 yard via text.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
21-06-2017, 12:21 PM
(21-06-2017 12:09 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 12:01 PM)morondog Wrote:  Not that interested in Skype conversations, what's wrong with having the conversation in the thread? Boxing ring is also possible. But I'm not wedded to my view - you're free to change my mind.

Once again, I must insist that you not argue a strawman, as I've said nothing against specific policy, an nothing on abortion whatsoever. The purpose of a audio conversation (or video) is that I can cover 100 yards verbally that I an cover 1 yard via text.

Keep trying until you find someone, I guess. Obviously discussing politics and religion verbally is a little more difficult for some. I am not interested in it as much because I struggle to make my points in verbal discussion when I'm not anxious- let alone with I'm debating my position against someone with whom I probably have a fundamental disagreement.

You can cover more ground, but is it quality discussion? When I'm posting in a thread, I can double-check information before I post it. I can look for sources, I can verify what I think is true, but maybe I'm not really sure, I can clarify definitions for words, etc. In verbal discussions, there's no time to do that before responding to someone's question. So to me, I'd find it a less valuable way to express myself. The same is not true for everyone, so keep asking, I guess.
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
21-06-2017, 12:31 PM
(21-06-2017 12:09 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 12:01 PM)morondog Wrote:  Not that interested in Skype conversations, what's wrong with having the conversation in the thread? Boxing ring is also possible. But I'm not wedded to my view - you're free to change my mind.

I'm not following? You asked how voting for Trump was voting for Christian self-interest. I gave an example. What strawman did you think I was erecting?