Idiotic Lefties Are Responsible for the Trump Effect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2017, 01:30 AM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2017 01:38 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: Idiotic Lefties Are Responsible for the Trump Effect
(22-06-2017 12:48 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 12:46 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Since when was 'racism' not an idea? Facepalm

Brother EK, First remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye.

You are calling people 'racist' on the basis that they are from the midwest.

Take a moment to do a bit of reflection.

Oh for fuck's sake, since when did 'Midwest' become all encompassing or monolithic? One might as well claim that calling the 'Northeast' as bastion of liberal safe-space snowflakes somehow ignores the alt-right shit fuckers who also happen to live there. Those living out in the Midwest who are not racist, xenophobic, dirt-fuckers need not be worried. But Trump pandered to the xenophobic, while Hillary called it out. Turns out, calling out people's xenophobia right before you ask them to vote for you doesn't work well, go figure. Low information voters aren't very self-reflective, who knew?

Once again, since when did calling a spade a spade make me responsible for spades going out and voting for a spade? Anybody who bought Trump's sales pitch, either because of Trump or even in spite of him, shares that blame and responsibility. So are there people in the Midwest who voted against Trump, who saw him for the garbage fire that he is? Of fucking course. But I'll be damned if he wasn't pandering to the dirt-fuckers, and calling out the dirt-fuckers for their propensity to fuck dirt doesn't magically make the naysayers responsible for them voting for a pandering dirt-fucker. That's not to say that everyone in the Midwest is a dirt-fucker. But if my use of Midewest label is all encompassing, you need to check your similarly all encompassing (because who doesn't love double standards?) use of the SJW label.

The very thread is tittled 'idiotic lefties'. Now, does that only apply to idiots of a left leaning bent? Or are you calling all lefties idiots? By your own standard of my use of 'Midwest', clearly you are calling all lefties idiots.

Suck it, hypocrite. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-06-2017, 02:00 AM
(22-06-2017 01:30 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 12:48 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Brother EK, First remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye.

You are calling people 'racist' on the basis that they are from the midwest.

Take a moment to do a bit of reflection.

Oh for fuck's sake, since when did 'Midwest' become all encompassing or monolithic? One might as well claim that calling the 'Northeast' as bastion of liberal safe-space snowflakes somehow ignores the alt-right shit fuckers who also happen to live there. Those living out in the Midwest who are not racist, xenophobic, dirt-fuckers need not be worried. But Trump pandered to the xenophobic, while Hillary called it out. Turns out, calling out people's xenophobia right before you ask them to vote for you doesn't work well, go figure. Low information voters aren't very self-reflective, who knew?

Once again, since when did calling a spade a spade make me responsible for spades going out and voting for a spade? Anybody who bought Trump's sales pitch, either because of Trump or even in spite of him, shares that blame and responsibility. So are there people in the Midwest who voted against Trump, who saw him for the garbage fire that he is? Of fucking course. But I'll be damned if he wasn't pandering to the dirt-fuckers, and calling out the dirt-fuckers for their propensity to fuck dirt doesn't magically make the naysayers responsible for them voting for a pandering dirt-fucker. That's not to say that everyone in the Midwest is a dirt-fucker. But if my use of Midewest label is all encompassing, you need to check your similarly all encompassing (because who doesn't love double standards?) use of the SJW label.

The very thread is tittled 'idiotic lefties'. Now, does that only apply to idiots of a left leaning bent? Or are you calling all lefties idiots? By your own standard of my use of 'Midwest', clearly you are calling all lefties idiots.

People from the Midwest are stupid. People from Mexico are stupid. For what reason is statement 1 a reasonable assessment of individuals, and statement to is bigoted?

I have no problem whatsoever calling out the right-leaning morons, just as I have done in this very thread. You can call me many names, but hypocritical is an appellation which is not appropriate or accurate. I think it was Joseph Goebbels who said of propaganda that a good strategy is to accuse your enemy of doing what you yourself is guilty of.

22-06-2017, 02:09 AM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2017 02:13 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(22-06-2017 02:00 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 01:30 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Oh for fuck's sake, since when did 'Midwest' become all encompassing or monolithic? One might as well claim that calling the 'Northeast' as bastion of liberal safe-space snowflakes somehow ignores the alt-right shit fuckers who also happen to live there. Those living out in the Midwest who are not racist, xenophobic, dirt-fuckers need not be worried. But Trump pandered to the xenophobic, while Hillary called it out. Turns out, calling out people's xenophobia right before you ask them to vote for you doesn't work well, go figure. Low information voters aren't very self-reflective, who knew?

People from the Midwest are stupid. People from Mexico are stupid. For what reason is statement 1 a reasonable assessment of individuals, and statement to is bigoted?

As reasonable as 'People from the political left are stupid'.

Says the guy who, once again, titled the OP 'Idiotic Lefties'. Your lack of self awareness is staggering in it's ineptitude. You opened the sluice gate. So either you are throwing all lefties under the bus and I'm calling all Midwesterners xenophobic dirt-fuckers, or we're not. I'm just following your lead, ace.

Goebbels indeed.

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-06-2017, 02:17 AM
(22-06-2017 02:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 02:00 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  People from the Midwest are stupid. People from Mexico are stupid. For what reason is statement 1 a reasonable assessment of individuals, and statement to is bigoted?

As reasonable as 'People from the political left are stupid'.

Says the guy who, once again, titled the OP 'Idiotic Lefties'. Your lack of self awareness is staggering in it's ineptitude. You opened the sluice gate. So either you are throwing all lefties under the bus and I'm calling all Midwesterners xenophobic dirt-fuckers, or we're not. I'm just following your lead, ace.

Goebbels indeed.

If anything I am more 'left' than 'right' if 'left' is 'liberal'. I can call out idiots on the left without saying everyone on the left is an idiot, you know?

22-06-2017, 02:59 AM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2017 03:03 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(22-06-2017 02:17 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 02:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  As reasonable as 'People from the political left are stupid'.

Goebbels indeed.

If anything I am more 'left' than 'right' if 'left' is 'liberal'. I can call out idiots on the left without saying everyone on the left is an idiot, you know?

I know, just like how not every Midwesterner is a dirt-fucker, for fuck's sake. Frusty

We wouldn't even be here, right now, if you hadn't tried to apply a different standard to my hyperbolic usage than yours, which was just following in the vein of your own admittedly hyperbolic usage.

Why is talking to you akin to pulling teeth?

22-06-2017, 03:03 AM
(22-06-2017 02:59 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 02:17 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  If anything I am more 'left' than 'right' if 'left' is 'liberal'. I can call out idiots on the left without saying everyone on the left is an idiot, you know?

I know, just like how not every Midwesterner is a dirt-fucker, for fuck's sake.

I'm not the one who said that. Idiotic Lefties is a subset of Lefties. Midwesterners are X makes no distinction. All Midwesterners are X. Not a Subset.

I recommend Charles S. Peirce's the Validity of the Laws of Logic.

22-06-2017, 03:05 AM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2017 03:24 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(22-06-2017 03:03 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 02:59 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I know, just like how not every Midwesterner is a dirt-fucker, for fuck's sake.

I'm not the one who said that. Idiotic Lefties is a subset of Lefties. Midwesterners are X makes no distinction. All Midwesterners are X. Not a Subset.

Midwesterners who fuck dirt is also a subset! Frusty

Like pulling...

Fucking...

Teeth...

22-06-2017, 03:08 AM
(22-06-2017 01:01 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 12:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  ...

DL your thread title claims that the left is the reason Trump won. Your argument seems to be that calling people racist, advocating feminism and trans rights etc somehow made people vote for the arsehole in the room. Well, sure, Hillary wasn't an amazing candidate, but people are responsible for their own votes? They are capable of making their own decisions? The right are not so fragile that just calling a person a racist will make them vote for the other team, ignoring whether or not the candidate and the candidate's policies are worthy of their vote? Or are they really that juvenile?

You have once again completely misunderstood, or with malicious intention misrepresented my position. I do believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt though, so I'll assume the former. You keep using weasel words like "seem to" to then describe something that is not representative of my position. Since you have such a difficult time understanding me, I again invite you to have an actual audio conversation so I can hopefully elucidate my position to your understanding.

You seem determined that everything I say to you is me misrepresenting you... I'm afraid I can't see how a skype conversation will resolve this better than conversing right here in this thread. What exactly have I misrepresented about your argument? What is your argument?

I took your thread title to be a claim that you were making? Is that not the case? "You seem to" is not goddam weaseling, it's me giving you the option to say "no, that's not what I mean".

Your claim is that "Idiotic lefties are the reason for the Trump effect". Explain what you mean. Your OP with a link + rant does not provide insight, so of course people are going to try and understand you and try to make their own interpretation of what you mean, your response is to claim that people are strawmanning you (I never did find out what you thought I was making a strawman of) and misrepresenting you. So represent yourself. Others can judge who's being dishonest, if one of us *is*.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-06-2017, 03:27 AM
(22-06-2017 03:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 01:01 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  You have once again completely misunderstood, or with malicious intention misrepresented my position. I do believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt though, so I'll assume the former. You keep using weasel words like "seem to" to then describe something that is not representative of my position. Since you have such a difficult time understanding me, I again invite you to have an actual audio conversation so I can hopefully elucidate my position to your understanding.

You seem determined that everything I say to you is me misrepresenting you... I'm afraid I can't see how a skype conversation will resolve this better than conversing right here in this thread. What exactly have I misrepresented about your argument? What is your argument?

I took your thread title to be a claim that you were making? Is that not the case? "You seem to" is not goddam weaseling, it's me giving you the option to say "no, that's not what I mean".

Your claim is that "Idiotic lefties are the reason for the Trump effect". Explain what you mean. Your OP with a link + rant does not provide insight, so of course people are going to try and understand you and try to make their own interpretation of what you mean, your response is to claim that people are strawmanning you (I never did find out what you thought I was making a strawman of) and misrepresenting you. So represent yourself. Others can judge who's being dishonest, if one of us *is*.

Don't know what to tell you. epronovost understood me well enough. The reason why a actual conversation may work better is, aside from the obvious benefits of tonal inflections, is that its much easier for you to stop me and say "What do you mean by X?" or "Please expand on Y", even mid-sentence. However, I will try, once more to explain what you have wrong about my positions.

I am not using a brush stroke to say there wasn't a confluence of things that lead to The Trumpening. What I am saying is that without the factor of the Loonie SJWs The Trumpening could not of happened. This is one of the factors that made POTUS Trump a possibility. The fact that liberals didn't also mock their BS (loudly enough) as they did with BS from 'the other camp' was a factor, without which POTUS Trump could not have been a possibility. Of course I also acknowledge Clinton was a shit candidate, and she had a shitty campaign, and so on and so forth, but that was not enough to prevent her from becoming POTUS. Hopefully this is abundantly clear, but if not I know of no other way to explain what I'm saying.

22-06-2017, 03:29 AM
(22-06-2017 03:05 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 03:03 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I'm not the one who said that. Idiotic Lefties is a subset of Lefties. Midwesterners are X makes no distinction. All Midwesterners are X. Not a Subset.

Midwesterners who fuck dirt is also a subset! Frusty

Like pulling...

Fucking...

Teeth...

I could not read your statement in a way that would leave me to believe that that was your intended meaning, but if you are willing to clarify that that is what you meant I am happy to accept it.