Idiotic Lefties Are Responsible for the Trump Effect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2017, 06:55 AM
RE: Idiotic Lefties Are Responsible for the Trump Effect
(22-06-2017 06:05 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 05:45 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  What are you talking about? A 'strawman' would imply that I there are no nutso SJWs? No?

I don't recognize that as satire, because that's not what satire is. That's called being intentionally dishonest for the sole purpose of trolling and being a dick.

You saw the definition for satire, right? I'm not surprised that the target of satire doesn't appreciate it, but that's neither here nor there.

Now the Midwest yokels might be a bunch of ass-backwards, racist, xenophobic, dirt fuckers; but I wouldn't say that to their faces right before asking them to vote for me.

So, that's certainly exaggerated to a ridiculous degree, and I can tell you it was intended to be funny (not for you, obviously). If might not be good satire, and you don't have to appreciate it. But are you going to tell me with a straight face that it's not exaggerated? I wrote 'dirt-fuckers', do you seriously think I was being literal? That my beef with Midwesterners (and all of them, according to you) is their propensity to drop trou and hump the earth beneath them until the sweet release of climax?

Plus, as stated earlier, you are not judging my statement by the same standards as your own.

Now the Midwest yokels might be a bunch of ass-backwards, racist, xenophobic, dirt fuckers; but I wouldn't say that to their faces right before asking them to vote for me.

Right off the bat, it's Midwestern yokels. So that's either a subset of Midwesterners, or a subset of yokels; but clearly not all yokels or all Midwesterners (just like your 'idiotic liberals' is neither all liberals or all idiots, if we're apply the same standard across the board). Followed by might, adding yet another level of distance and differentiation between my statement and a more blanket and all encompassing statement. Racist and xenophobic are there to key you up, followed by dirt-fucker. That's akin to a 'baby-eating' atheist. The point being was to mock your posts and position, through exaggeration and humor.

What was your retort again?

People from the Midwest are stupid. People from Mexico are stupid. For what reason is statement 1 a reasonable assessment of individuals, and statement to is bigoted?

To which I responded.

As reasonable as 'People from the political left are stupid'.

Highlighting the ridiculousness of your posts, by holding them up to a mirror. My post is a more exaggerated take on what you did, but it's only as ridiculous as to the standard that you use on yourself. With a charitable interpretation, it's less ridiculous. But if the ambiguity is left there, it's pretty fucking rich; and as I've demonstrated, my post is actually less ambiguous than yours, due to the additional language you seem to have chosen to read out of it.

I doubt all of the aristocracy appreciated the promotion of peasant baby-eating in A Modest Proposal. But it wasn't written for them, was it?

Plus still waiting on that answer to why calling a spade a spade makes me responsible when the spades vote for a spade.

You weave and dodge like Ali, but you punch like Beiber.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2017, 06:59 AM
(22-06-2017 06:50 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  And now you are strawmanning me. Where did I ever imply SJW's were responsible for the economic conditions of America? I didn't.
Rolleyes When did I attribute that statement to you. My point is *I* think that people voted primarily because they thought Trump would focus on their economic issues. Not because they were called a bunch of racists. For fuck's sake.

Quote:The other issues you list I will happily concede. That takes nothing away from me whatsoever.
I think religious people believe in stupid, and silly ideas, and I think there is a segment of the population whose vote are dictated by their silly and stupid ideas. How is this any different?
Because you're claiming that this segment is the right apparently? You're claiming that the stupid, silly ideas of the left are *so* effective, that the right wing voted for some dickhead purely out of spite?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
22-06-2017, 07:06 AM
(22-06-2017 06:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  Let's not forget everybody's darling Jimmy Comey-lately and his email fuckery. For all that he's the bastion of morals now that he dun got fired.

The reason why Trump won:

1. Putin/Russia Rigged the Election by hacking
  2. The FBI had it out for her
  3. She didn't campaign well
  4. Racism
  5. Sexism
  6. Transphobia
  7. Islamophobia
  8. The Pollers were off
  9. Trump voters are stupid

Things that had no impact on Hillary's defeat:
  1. Insane Liberals
  2. Identity Politics
  3. Judging your opposition as evil
  4. Not listening to the voters
  5. Party Corruption
  6. Collusion with the media
  7. Commiting crimes
  8. Taking bribe money from counties that sponser terrorism
  9. Having "Public" and "Private" Positions
  10. "Condemning" Wall-Street whilst taking there money

FYI, THIS is what Satire looks like.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
22-06-2017, 07:08 AM
(21-06-2017 09:38 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 03:17 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  The left did not propel Trump to victory, Trump voters did. You see many countries a have a system called a democracy whereby voters have a single vote each, they are all counted up with each candidate trying to get as many votes as possible.

Well...yes and no. Of course Trump riled up his base, but there were a fair number of Obama voters who switched to Trump in the states he flipped to the GOP.

Clinton was just a crappy candidate. Maybe she shouldn't have tried to pick up conservative states and focus a little more time on wining the states that were close--and she lost.

The Obama vote switch is overdone. I don't doubt some people switched. But one of the most important predictors of Trump support in the last election was birtherism.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
22-06-2017, 07:11 AM
(22-06-2017 06:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  Because you're claiming that this segment is the right apparently? You're claiming that the stupid, silly ideas of the left are *so* effective, that the right wing voted for some dickhead purely out of spite?

I wouldn't use the word 'spite' exactly, but essentially yes, that is what I'm saying. This is essentially classism. Why should that be so surprising? It has happened many times before, and will happen many times again.

22-06-2017, 07:21 AM
I'm in the dead center of the US Midwest-- Kansas City's about as Midwest as it gets. People here are pretty fucking stupid.

Not intellectual paucity, of course; we're as bright and as dim as any other group of humans, on average, I'd say.

But the culture here is so overrun with "believe whatever you're told and don't ask questions or think too much about it" programming that we wind up with a huge number of adults who believe absolute and utter bullshit on just about any topic you'd care to name... and if you show them the proof that the facts do not conform to their beliefs, well they simply shut down and refuse to consider anything you say-- you're One Of Them™, those people who rock the boat and should be ignored as dangerous troublemakers.

That's why one of the best analyses I've seen for what is going wrong with poor and/or overworked Americans who continue to support the interests of billionaires who hire professional propagandists to program these people is What's the Matter with Kansas?, by Thomas Frank.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
22-06-2017, 07:26 AM
(22-06-2017 07:11 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 06:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  Because you're claiming that this segment is the right apparently? You're claiming that the stupid, silly ideas of the left are *so* effective, that the right wing voted for some dickhead purely out of spite?

I wouldn't use the word 'spite' exactly, but essentially yes, that is what I'm saying. This is essentially classism. Why should that be so surprising? It has happened many times before, and will happen many times again.

If that is the case then those who voted Trump really were stupid. The person who marked the X next to Trump's name is the one who voted for them. Blaming people who literally voted oppositely for that fact that Trump won is about as impressive a feat of cognitive dissonance as I've ever seen.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-06-2017, 08:45 AM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2017 09:12 AM by epronovost.)
(22-06-2017 12:26 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 11:48 PM)epronovost Wrote:  In resume, ''SJW'' don't chase people off the polls or from ideas of social justice and universal human rights in general. "Anti-SJW'' rethoric used to promote ideas like hygenism, nationalism, social darwinism and others does shift people. The agent of change is different. It's not the stupid cultish lady who saps support to social justice. On its own, examples like the one you provided are ignored or brushed aside as simple, relatively harmless and stupid drivel. it's the person, who holds to a different ideology, who uses the cultish lady as an easy punching bag to establish himself/herself as intellectualy and morally superior that sways people away.

I am not concerned about this contention one way or another. It makes no difference whatsoever. If I stop my enemies from advancing their tanks onto my territory, I don't particularly car if I stop them by digging trenches they cannot navigate past, or if I stop the supply lines from getting them fuel.

You aren't concerned by who vehiculates an ideology? That's the subject of your thread as far as I understand it. You claimed that idiotic people on the Left drove people away in the arms of Trump and is team by saying nonsense. When I posit it's smart people on the Right and more frequently the far-Right who manipulated others by using idiotic people on the Left as an easy strawman who are responsible, you consider that a useless contention? Yes, the result is the same, a openly racist and mysogynist man is in the White House, but the cause is different and potential sollutions might be extremely different too. despite this, we probably agree on a common one though. The public needs to be more critical and conscious of the objectives and end goals of those who talk about fundamental social justice issues.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
22-06-2017, 08:54 AM
(21-06-2017 09:09 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 08:37 PM)LifelongAtheist Wrote:  No one propelled Trump to victory except the Electoral College. It's certainly possible to debate Hillary's campaign strategy, but she won 2.9 million more votes than Trump did. I think that must be taken into account in discussions like this.

Right. That's why our history is littered with Trump like presidencies for hundreds of years. The Electoral College is a Trump-producing machine.
I have no idea what you mean.
22-06-2017, 09:19 AM
I'm a SJW. I guess Trump is my fault, guys. Sorry about that. Everyone who voted for him did so because of me, not because they are fucking stupid, or because they are ignorant, or because they were desperate for a change that they felt only an outsider could bring, or because they were honest-to-god neo-Nazis, or whateverthefuck reason. It's because of me and my mambie-pambie social justice causes. And those who voted third party or didn't vote at all did so because of me, also. People hated Hillary because of my social justice causes.

So uh... sorry y'all. Rolleyes
[+] 7 users Like Emma's post