If Extraterrestrial Contact Occured

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
01-12-2014, 08:50 PM
RE: If Extraterrestrial Contact Occured
I do not envision them as initiating contact. It will be a non planned event.

I see it as happening as being the result of the US Air Force- while defending US airspace- successfully causing enough damage to their craft as to force it to land in a very public place.

The result of this will be absolute panic in world governments as the media coverage will verify it beyond any doubt. The aliens themselves will be seen exiting their craft with complete indifference towards the human race, and immediately attempt to repair their craft. They will be unsuccessful.

It will be far too late for the military to cover it up. CNN, Fox News, and all other major news outlets will have this on TV, Internet, and radio within 10 minutes, let alone the hundreds of citizens surrounding the landing area.

The aliens will be placed under custody by the US military, and after mounting publc pressure for more information, the President will finally make a public announcement about 1 week later.

My only hope is that they don't have any friends hell bent on revenge.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2014, 08:58 PM
(01-12-2014 08:50 PM)Free Wrote:  I do not envision them as initiating contact. It will be a non planned event.

I see it as happening as being the result of the US Air Force- while defending US airspace- successfully causing enough damage to their craft as to force it to land in a very public place.

The result of this will be absolute panic in world governments as the media coverage will verify it beyond any doubt. The aliens themselves will be seen exiting their craft with complete indifference towards the human race, and immediately attempt to repair their craft. They will be unsuccessful.

It will be far too late for the military to cover it up. CNN, Fox News, and all other major news outlets will have this on TV, Internet, and radio within 10 minutes, let alone the hundreds of citizens surrounding the landing area.

The aliens will be placed under custody by the US military, and after mounting publc pressure for more information, the President will finally make a public announcement about 1 week later.

I've seen that movie.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2014, 09:03 PM
(01-12-2014 08:50 PM)Free Wrote:  I do not envision them as initiating contact. It will be a non planned event.

The aliens will be placed under custody by the US military, and after mounting public pressure for more information, the President will finally make a public announcement about 1 week later.

Blink

Um... sorry, but this reads to me more as a 50's movie.

1) If aliens are about and (2) If they are able to come here FROM there then (3) We should see them on approach as they enter the Solar system.

Thence they'll be in a parking orbit above Earth (Assuming it's Earth they are even interested in and not beginning the process of strip mining every other, easily accessible planet in system I.E. Any body with resources and a lower gravity well than Earth)

*Caveat: Unless they are DELIBERATELY being subtle and come in on such an approach that we can't see them (As in using the Sun/other planets to shield their various radiation emissions.)

In which case... again... there will be no dog fights over air-space. They'll rock us before we know what's coming.

Just saying.

P.S. Also, what the flying f@ck is it with Yanks? Screw you! The aliens will land in the middle of NO WHERE (Such as the Sahara or the center of Australia or Siberia) and it'll take DAYS for any one to get vehicles to them.

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
01-12-2014, 09:13 PM
(01-12-2014 09:03 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  

The aliens will be placed under custody by the US military, and after mounting public pressure for more information, the President will finally make a public announcement about 1 week later.

Blink

Um... sorry, but this reads to me more as a 50's movie.

1) If aliens are about and (2) If they are able to come here FROM there then (3) We should see them on approach as they enter the Solar system.

Thence they'll be in a parking orbit above Earth (Assuming it's Earth they are even interested in and not beginning the process of strip mining every other, easily accessible planet in system I.E. Any body with resources and a lower gravity well than Earth)

*Caveat: Unless they are DELIBERATELY being subtle and come in on such an approach that we can't see them (As in using the Sun/other planets to shield their various radiation emissions.)

In which case... again... there will be no dog fights over air-space. They'll rock us before we know what's coming.

Just saying.

P.S. Also, what the flying f@ck is it with Yanks? Screw you! The aliens will land in the middle of NO WHERE (Such as the Sahara or the center of Australia or Siberia) and it'll take DAYS for any one to get vehicles to them.

Much cheers to all.

I see them as not giving a rat's ass about the human race. Completely indifferent towards us. No interest in us whatsoever. Not interested in contact, conquest, or helping us in any way at all.

They would simply only be interested in the planet itself, and how it can help their self serving asses. We will pose no actual threat to them at all, and even our threats of death/torture against them will elicit absolutely no response.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
01-12-2014, 09:15 PM
They would initiate contact and be in complete control of the situation, with something to gain from making contact with us and the leverage to make sure they get it. Otherwise why bother? Aliens in movies are always ridiculously stupid and tactically irrational despite being so advanced, which doesn't make sense. Like, they have the technology to do things we don't even think is possible yet the best tactic they can come up with is to drop a vulnerable command center that, if destroyed, disables all their troops. (Battlefield LA) or they have UFOs capable of blasting us into oblivion from orbit and they choose to attack us from a range where we can shoot back (Independence Day)? Umm, no. It would not be that way in real life. We'd be completely and utterly dominated.

I would therefore go all traitor and volunteer to join the aliens in their agenda in the hopes that they would decide it is more advantageous for them to integrate us into their society than to simply eradicate us, and maybe let me play with some cool space guns or some badass futuristic video games.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
01-12-2014, 09:15 PM
They would neither eat me or pet me. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-12-2014, 09:23 PM
(01-12-2014 08:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  They already did. They came to you. The ball is in your hands.
No pressure there. Tongue

If they ever did come and contact me I would explain to them how Christianity began when ...

PONTIUS PILATE CRUCIFIED JESUS OF NAZARETH.

Laughat

01-12-2014, 09:25 PM
(01-12-2014 09:13 PM)Free Wrote:  I see them as not giving a rat's ass about the human race. Completely indifferent towards us. No interest in us whatsoever. Not interested in contact, conquest, or helping us in any way at all.

That's potentially true. They may indeed be so alien as to not even recognize us as being of any relative sentience.

(01-12-2014 09:13 PM)Free Wrote:  They would simply only be interested in the planet itself, and how it can help their self serving asses. We will pose no actual threat to them at all, and even our threats of death/torture against them will elicit absolutely no response.

Now... this is what I don't get.

Why Earth? There are seven other planets, countless moons and billions of tons of rubble simply floating about for them to strip mine. A lot of said, vast real estate happening to be in smaller/lower gravity wells than Earth? Hence, taking less energy for them to get back into space and thence off to where ever they are going to use it.

They are already IN a space craft. All they need to do is keep sucking/stripping resources, even it is to enlarge said space craft.

Just because we find Earth habitable doesn't mean they will. Heck, they might be more interested in Europa? Or Titan than our hot, heavy, solar fusion scorched ball of rock.

Much cheers to all.
[+] 3 users Like Peebothuhul's post
01-12-2014, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2014 09:49 PM by Full Circle.)
(01-12-2014 07:43 PM)Free Wrote:  This is a hypothetical exercise. It is not intended to demonstrate anything other than idle chitter chatter. It does not matter if you believe in their existence or not.

If extraterrestrials made contact with the human race:

1. How do you think it would happen?
2. What would be your initial thoughts?
3. What would be your hopes from such a contact?

Go!

1. They would probably put down somewhere in the Deep South and contact the first drunk rednecks they could find.

2. Initial response would be "hope they don't vaporize us all".

3. My hopes would be that they accidentally drop their anti-gravity gun and leave it here.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
01-12-2014, 09:31 PM
(01-12-2014 09:25 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(01-12-2014 09:13 PM)Free Wrote:  I see them as not giving a rat's ass about the human race. Completely indifferent towards us. No interest in us whatsoever. Not interested in contact, conquest, or helping us in any way at all.

That's potentially true. They may indeed be so alien as to not even recognize us as being of any relative sentience.

(01-12-2014 09:13 PM)Free Wrote:  They would simply only be interested in the planet itself, and how it can help their self serving asses. We will pose no actual threat to them at all, and even our threats of death/torture against them will elicit absolutely no response.

Now... this is what I don't get.

Why Earth? There are seven other planets, countless moons and billions of tons of rubble simply floating about for them to strip mine. A lot of said, vast real estate happening to be in smaller/lower gravity wells than Earth? Hence, taking less energy for them to get back into space and thence off to where ever they are going to use it.

They are already IN a space craft. All they need to do is keep sucking/stripping resources, even it is to enlarge said space craft.

Just because we find Earth habitable doesn't mean they will. Heck, they might be more interested in Europa? Or Titan than our hot, heavy, solar fusion scorched ball of rock.

Much cheers to all.

Despite being alien I suspect that they will still need to consume and excrete like all known life forms.

This planet would best enable that process.