If Extraterrestrial Contact Occured

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
08-12-2014, 11:48 AM
RE: If Extraterrestrial Contact Occured
(08-12-2014 11:46 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  Come on now.
We all know that if aliens made actual contact with us, the very first thought in our heads would be, "Huh. I wonder what they taste like..."
Tongue

Or maybe that would be the first thought in THEIR heads lol

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2014, 11:53 AM
(08-12-2014 11:48 AM)Free Wrote:  
We all know that if aliens made actual contact with us, the very first thought in our heads would be, "Huh. I wonder what they taste like..."
Tongue

Or maybe that would be the first thought in THEIR heads lol
Lol, could be.

But I'm picturing more that we finally hit the jackpot: A super intelligent, altruistic, passive, benign alien race comes to Earth with information that can solve all our problems.
And in typical human fashion the first thing we do is do is BBQ all of them. Tongue

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
08-12-2014, 12:18 PM
(08-12-2014 11:53 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(08-12-2014 11:48 AM)Free Wrote:  Or maybe that would be the first thought in THEIR heads lol
Lol, could be.

But I'm picturing more that we finally hit the jackpot: A super intelligent, altruistic, passive, benign alien race comes to Earth with information that can solve all our problems.
And in typical human fashion the first thing we do is do is BBQ all of them. Tongue

I wish I could agree with you, I really do.

But I look at the situation somewhat the same way that we, as humans, look at colony of ants. I don't see an extraterrestrial race as showing any more interest in us than we do in an ant colony. In fact, just like ants, if we become too much of an annoyance to them, they just might eliminate us.

Chocolate covered humans, anyone?

Yum yum!

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
08-12-2014, 12:25 PM
The fundamental assumption is that the aliens would care about us, I fail to see what they could take from earth that was worth the trouble of exterminating us rather than just sucking mars for all it's minerals or something...

For all we know we're like the squirrels in the american wilderness i.e, part of some alien empire, but they consider us not worth their time. Or maybe the aliens come like in star trek and we're just the awkward third wheel while they study blue whales and leave.

"A witty quote means nothing"
08-12-2014, 12:41 PM
Never mind.

I guess the whole joke never hit home.....

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
08-12-2014, 12:52 PM
(08-12-2014 12:41 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  Never mind.

Shall we throw another alien on the barby?

Big Grin

08-12-2014, 01:00 PM
(08-12-2014 12:52 PM)Free Wrote:  
(08-12-2014 12:41 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  Never mind.

Shall we throw another alien on the barby?

Big Grin

What if the aliens taste better toasted... mmmm... extraterrestrial cuisine.

"A witty quote means nothing"
08-12-2014, 01:02 PM
Tongue

Just the babies though... we have an image to keep up

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
08-12-2014, 01:36 PM
(08-12-2014 11:53 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(08-12-2014 11:48 AM)Free Wrote:  Or maybe that would be the first thought in THEIR heads lol
Lol, could be.

I doubt if we are ready for solve all our problems type information. This type of information would probably be about energy, and at this point in time I have little doubt that any amazing technology for energy production would be quickly adapted into cheaper more efficient ways for us to kill each other.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post