If God is all powerful and loving, why is there suffering in the world?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2012, 04:03 PM
RE: If God is all powerful and loving, why is there suffering in the world?
Go 7 minutes in and watch and see what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grCgL7HyE...ults_video

Remember, Zeus just changed his name to God. The image of Zeus was taken and used for the image of God(The long haired grey bearded man). So Zeus hasn't necessarily disappeared.

Now God likes watching our world with indifference. It doesn't matter to him if he created Adolf Hitler and he knew that Hitler would murder millions. God is all knowing so he knew that. He also watched as Joseph Stalin did the same. God created both men, don't you think he would know of the death and mayhem they would create? And yet he still believed it was somehow a good idea.

Now be careful. Too much religion can lead to sickness. I've heard religion can cause vomiting, headaches, (delusional) speaking in tongues, seizures/tremors and extreme cases of stupidity. I'm completely joking but do hope you feel better.

You aren't a horrible person. No one can weep for everyone. Even if God did he was the moron who created it too happen as part of his big plan.

Also, I'm sorry but your friend's answer is like a -2 in my book. If your friend truly thinks all the countries began working with one another after world war 2, than the cold war is us perfectly collaborating with trying to kill each other. World war 1 has started multiple problems that exist today. It help start the second world war and I believe it will also help cause the third. Its from that one giant event in history that has caused problems that exist today. We haven't gotten much good out of it.

Also, just like that video. Do you honestly believe it was right for them to experience this hell on earth and just say they will get a better afterlife? Also a majority were Jewish so won't they be damned because they didn't believe in a specific god? You may say God loves all his children except the gay ones, women, people of color, or people of different religions but he still somehow loves us. Its a selfish thought to believe only a certain group are the only ones to be loved but its blatantly clear in books of religion.

I don't believe it is a rant. I agree that terrorism, discrimination and the monstrosities that we have created are not disappearing. Its actually gaining momentum from religion. As long as it exists the corruption of our minds will continue. We will continue to hate, continue to be angry, and in the end murder our species because of the thought of some supreme being in the sky.

Its insane we don't wish well for humanity and rather wish praising in some being. World War 3 will happen because of this stupidity.

The only thing that can express this stupidity so openly is religion.

I want peace but not the religious interpretation of peace which includes war and death.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
20-01-2012, 04:13 PM
[Image: oh-look-its-this-thread-again.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 4 users Like germanyt's post
21-01-2012, 01:35 PM
[Image: a567b7bf-1489-4c08-8811-1c72d362d08c.jpg]

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
[+] 2 users Like tazmin98's post
21-01-2012, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2012 02:32 PM by GirlyMan.)
I'd be careful when messing with tazmin98, germanyt. Pretty sure the 98 represents the year of her birth. Prodigies, they scare me like spiders.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Bug RE: If God is all powerful and loving, why is there suffering in the world?
(20-01-2012 04:03 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  Go 7 minutes in and watch and see what you think.

Remember, Zeus just changed his name to God. The image of Zeus was taken and used for the image of God(The long haired grey bearded man). So Zeus hasn't necessarily disappeared.

Now God likes watching our world with indifference. It doesn't matter to him if he created Adolf Hitler and he knew that Hitler would murder millions. God is all knowing so he knew that. He also watched as Joseph Stalin did the same. God created both men, don't you think he would know of the death and mayhem they would create? And yet he still believed it was somehow a good idea.

Now be careful. Too much religion can lead to sickness. I've heard religion can cause vomiting, headaches, (delusional) speaking in tongues, seizures/tremors and extreme cases of stupidity. I'm completely joking but do hope you feel better.

You aren't a horrible person. No one can weep for everyone. Even if God did he was the moron who created it too happen as part of his big plan.

Also, I'm sorry but your friend's answer is like a -2 in my book. If your friend truly thinks all the countries began working with one another after world war 2, than the cold war is us perfectly collaborating with trying to kill each other. World war 1 has started multiple problems that exist today. It help start the second world war and I believe it will also help cause the third. Its from that one giant event in history that has caused problems that exist today. We haven't gotten much good out of it.

Also, just like that video. Do you honestly believe it was right for them to experience this hell on earth and just say they will get a better afterlife? Also a majority were Jewish so won't they be damned because they didn't believe in a specific god? You may say God loves all his children except the gay ones, women, people of color, or people of different religions but he still somehow loves us. Its a selfish thought to believe only a certain group are the only ones to be loved but its blatantly clear in books of religion.

I don't believe it is a rant. I agree that terrorism, discrimination and the monstrosities that we have created are not disappearing. Its actually gaining momentum from religion. As long as it exists the corruption of our minds will continue. We will continue to hate, continue to be angry, and in the end murder our species because of the thought of some supreme being in the sky.

Its insane we don't wish well for humanity and rather wish praising in some being. World War 3 will happen because of this stupidity.

I want peace but not the religious interpretation of peace which includes war and death.
Well I think most of my class agreed with statement that if there is suffering, there is no god. The only reason why my friend higher level in her answer is she showed both views and insights. She can't say anything bad about her God(Of course) Some of the things she was repeating.(I guess to emphasis)
If world war 3 were to happen (that's if Middle East was involved) then I am pretty sure religion would play a crucial role. Especially extremists(I am pretty sure they would having an orgasmic fit at the thought of killing us infidels).

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
22-01-2012, 02:26 AM
The religious insist on inserting their god when something goes well and then they insert the devil when something goes wrong. Somehow, mistakenly, they think there is someone "guiding" human action. Everything is random and human actions/decisions, are by humans.
Little do they know that there is isn't a god or devil and no-one is guiding or controlling their destiny.

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
[+] 2 users Like AntiqueTelephoneNut's post
22-01-2012, 11:31 PM
(20-01-2012 04:03 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  Go 7 minutes in and watch and see what you think.

Thank you, you've summed-up my entire stance on this rather eloquently

I've tried to reason with my religious parents about this, in which they fall back on the "god will deal with them" response towards the victims and perpetrators. I've even confronted a Christian recently about a preposition, that if Hitler had confessed his remorse to God and accepted Jesus as his savior before he died, would he have gone to Heaven? I was told, if he was sincere, than yes.

If anything, this should prove why the Christian concept of forgiveness is useless in motivating ethical actions; you can pretty much do whatever you want to people, so long as you come to Christ on your deathbed.
Now all those Jews who died in the holocaust? Too bad for them, they didn't accept Jesus and will burn in Hell forever Undecided

"it is a principle innate and co-natural to every man to have an insatiable inclination to the truth, and to seek for it as for hid treasure..."
-Thomas Aikenhead
[+] 1 user Likes Mia's post
23-01-2012, 03:28 AM
(22-01-2012 11:31 PM)Mia Wrote:  

Thank you, you've summed-up my entire stance on this rather eloquently

I've tried to reason with my religious parents about this, in which they fall back on the "god will deal with them" response towards the victims and perpetrators. I've even confronted a Christian recently about a preposition, that if Hitler had confessed his remorse to God and accepted Jesus as his savior before he died, would he have gone to Heaven? I was told, if he was sincere, than yes.

If anything, this should prove why the Christian concept of forgiveness is useless in motivating ethical actions; you can pretty much do whatever you want to people, so long as you come to Christ on your deathbed.
Now all those Jews who died in the holocaust? Too bad for them, they didn't accept Jesus and will burn in Hell forever Undecided

The Holocaust victims traded one hell for another. God is just so merciful.

I agree with you as well and cannot see how morality can come from something so evil in its teachings.

I might as well write a book about a serial killer who discriminates everyone for anything and enjoys people's praise. I should call it the Torah/Bible/Quran and demand everyone to derive their moral standards from this.

Does it make any sense any way I put this?

Christians like the security blanket. Instead of making amends they pray to an imaginary friend. You are right that they can justify an evil action with prayer. Look at the people killing abortion doctors or suicide bombers killing innocents. Its justified because it is for God.

If Hitler was accepted into heaven because of a deathbed conversion than I cannot take that person seriously. Committing one of the most atrocious tragedies in history deserves no respect from any human being and should be treated with disgust and sadness that it even occurred.

We should remember those who suffered and never forget what has happened.

As humans, we should try to not make that same mistake twice.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?