If God really wrote the bible what would it be like?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2017, 03:22 AM
If God really wrote the bible what would it be like?
note when imm refering to God i am not referencing the to the judeo christian God but the creator of the universe.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2017, 03:33 AM
RE: If God really wrote the bible what would it be like?
(02-02-2017 03:22 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  note when imm refering to God i am not referencing the to the judeo christian God but the creator of the universe.

Depends whether this god character craves worship.
[+] 1 user Likes Manic's post
02-02-2017, 03:37 AM
There is no creator of universe. If Laplace knew that - or not - one wonder why people now can not accept it.

No one can answer what would be written in book by imagined being.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
02-02-2017, 03:49 AM
(02-02-2017 03:22 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  note when imm refering to God i am not referencing the to the judeo christian God but the creator of the universe.

Not as good as War and peace or The decline and fall of the Roman Empire.

Certainly not as good as Shakespeare or Plato.

Hell, Sophocles, Virgil and Ovid.

God'd have to be good.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
02-02-2017, 04:08 AM
(02-02-2017 03:37 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  There is no creator of universe. If Laplace knew that - or not - one wonder why people now can not accept it.

Well we already know what is written in a book inspired by an imagined being.
02-02-2017, 04:20 AM
(02-02-2017 04:08 AM)Manic Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 03:37 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  There is no creator of universe. If Laplace knew that - or not - one wonder why people now can not accept it.

Well we already know what is written in a book inspired by an imagined being.

Not the same thing. Text in Bible is what people ascribed to their sky daddy so it matters not when answering purely theoretical and absurd question like one in OP.

We simply can't know what such imagined being would write in a book.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
02-02-2017, 04:23 AM
(02-02-2017 04:08 AM)Manic Wrote:  Well we already know what is written in a book inspired by an imagined being.

Personally, I like Henry V.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
02-02-2017, 04:27 AM
(02-02-2017 04:20 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 04:08 AM)Manic Wrote:  Well we already know what is written in a book inspired by an imagined being.

Not the same thing. Text in Bible is what people ascribed to their sky daddy so it matters not when answering purely theoretical and absurd question like one in OP.

How do you know that there isn't actually a being that created everything? If there is this amazing being somewhere, it obviously doesn't want to communicate with us, or it's got a wicked sense of humour and is fucking with our minds.
02-02-2017, 04:32 AM
(02-02-2017 04:27 AM)Manic Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 04:20 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Not the same thing. Text in Bible is what people ascribed to their sky daddy so it matters not when answering purely theoretical and absurd question like one in OP.

How do you know that there isn't actually a being that created everything? If there is this amazing being somewhere, it obviously doesn't want to communicate with us, or it's got a wicked sense of humour and is fucking with our minds.

I'm like Laplace in this regard - I don't need this hypothesis. Not to mention that little fact that there is no evidence of such being existing. Other than wanting some space daddy to make childish fear disappear there is no reason to think that universe creating fairy exist.

Mikhail Bakunin.
02-02-2017, 04:46 AM
(02-02-2017 04:32 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 04:27 AM)Manic Wrote:  How do you know that there isn't actually a being that created everything? If there is this amazing being somewhere, it obviously doesn't want to communicate with us, or it's got a wicked sense of humour and is fucking with our minds.

I'm like Laplace in this regard - I don't need this hypothesis. Not to mention that little fact that there is no evidence of such being existing. Other than wanting some space daddy to make childish fear disappear there is no reason to think that universe creating fairy exist.

Maybe the universe creating fairy has hidden all the evidence, who can say for sure.
A universe creating being has nothing to do with taking childish fears away, you are getting confused with our invented gods.