If God was real...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2013, 06:32 AM
If God was real...
If God was real and he wanted a "personal relationship", wouldn't he have answered my prayers? When I was a Christian, I always thought of God like that annoying friend who doesn't realize that friendship is a two way street. I had a friend in High School who was just like God, because she would get mad when I stopped calling, but she didn't put any effort into the friendship. Laugh out load

Personal relationship my ass. This fact alone has been enough for me to become an atheist. Girl_nails

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
16-04-2013, 06:43 AM
RE: If God was real...
(16-04-2013 06:32 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  If God was real and he wanted a "personal relationship", wouldn't he have answered my prayers? When I was a Christian, I always thought of God like that annoying friend who doesn't realize that friendship is a two way street. I had a friend in High School who was just like God, because she would get mad when I stopped calling, but she didn't put any effort into the friendship. Laugh out load

Personal relationship my ass. This fact alone has been enough for me to become an atheist. Girl_nails

If you had been a Deist you wouldn't have expected answers.
If you had been a Xtian apologist you would have known he hears you but has other plans.
If you were Agatha Christie you'd know god works in Mysterious Ways.
And if you were a Country music fan you would thank god for Unanswered Prayers.
But since you were a Theist you evolved to Atheism Thumbsup

rambling...not enough coffee yet...

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
16-04-2013, 06:43 AM
The days I became an atheist was the when I discovered the second course of which my first name could be spelled.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
16-04-2013, 06:45 AM
(16-04-2013 06:43 AM)Matthew Laramore Wrote:  The days I became an atheist was the when I discovered the second course of which my first name could be spelled.

I think you need more coffee too. Could you repeat that?

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
16-04-2013, 06:50 AM
It's my way of saying there's multiple designs of the same thing which in the end, have no greater value or meaning than the other.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[+] 1 user Likes Matthew Laramore's post
16-04-2013, 06:55 AM
(16-04-2013 06:50 AM)Matthew Laramore Wrote:  It's my way of saying there's multiple designs of the same thing which in the end, have no greater value or meaning than the other.

Thank you for trying to clear that up for me, the confusion must be on my end since I still don't understand.

How does what you are saying refer back to unanswered prayers?

16-04-2013, 06:57 AM
(16-04-2013 06:55 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 06:50 AM)Matthew Laramore Wrote:  It's my way of saying there's multiple designs of the same thing which in the end, have no greater value or meaning than the other.

Thank you for trying to clear that up for me, the confusion must be on my end since I still don't understand.

How does what you are saying refer back to unanswered prayers?

I have to mention unanswered prayers first.

16-04-2013, 06:58 AM
(16-04-2013 06:43 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 06:32 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  If God was real and he wanted a "personal relationship", wouldn't he have answered my prayers? When I was a Christian, I always thought of God like that annoying friend who doesn't realize that friendship is a two way street. I had a friend in High School who was just like God, because she would get mad when I stopped calling, but she didn't put any effort into the friendship. Laugh out load

If you had been a Deist you wouldn't have expected answers.
If you had been a Xtian apologist you would have known he hears you but has other plans.
If you were Agatha Christie you'd know god works in Mysterious Ways.
And if you were a Country music fan you would thank god for Unanswered Prayers.
But since you were a Theist you evolved to Atheism Thumbsup

rambling...not enough coffee yet...

Fuck no, that wasn't rambling. You had me giggling on the bus at "Agatha Christie". Big Grin

Rambling... not had coffee yet... Tongue

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
16-04-2013, 07:50 AM
If god was real, and desired [somehow, since he's supposed to be perfect] to have a "personal relationship" with me, . . . . the he does an excellent job of remaining hidden, . . . being quiet, . . . and doing a perfect vanishing act. It could also be like the following:

A person shows up on your door step and hands you a handful of letters directed to anyone who would care to read them. They are "love letters" and include their favorite activities, foods, movies, etc. They also wrote in there statements like, "I care about you." "I love you." "Tell me about your day." . . . etc. Could you consider this "a personal relationship" with the person who wrote the letters? Would you even consider that the person ACTUALLY IS a real person? Because towards the end of the letter, it instructs you to give some of your money to the guy who delivered the letters to you . . . to prove your love for the letter writer. And expects you to do this with whatever money you make while "in the relationship".

What would be your response to this scenario?

If god were real, it wouldn't seem like some scam.