If God were proven to exist...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2014, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2014 05:03 PM by natachan.)
RE: If God were proven to exist...
(30-08-2014 03:34 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  How would you react?

Define "God" and define which one we're talking about. Because depending on what we are talking about my reaction would be different. Bit I think generally it would go along the lines of, "I was wrong. Huh. Oh well."

Quote:Would you become a theist?

If it was proven then the logical and natural conclusion would be to believe. So in that sense I guess so.

Quote:Would you become an antitheist?

Again, define god and define what we're talking about. Without a solid concept I can't tell if I would like him or be against him.

Quote:Would you worship?

No. I am a human being. My proper posture is standing tall on my own feet. Not on my knees. I do not give undue respect and I worship no one and nothing. The idea of worship is frankly rather insulting to my dignity and pride as a human being.
Quote:What else would you do?

Answers on a postcard please...Thumbsup

Again, see earlier notes. I have no idea what we are talking about when you say god so I don't know what I would do.

Also, sorry it's not in postcard form. I don't own a computer so I do all my internets on my phone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
30-08-2014, 04:55 PM
I would work with scientists non-stop to see if god could be killed or contained by some means.

[Image: ghostbusters-neutrino-wand.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
30-08-2014, 04:59 PM

Would you become a theist?

Would you become an antitheist?

Would you worship?

What else would you do?

If I found out the god of the bible actually existed I wouldn't worship him. He's an immoral asshole and doesn't deserve the time of day much less being worshiped.

But if it was a nice god who actually cared about people, animals, plants, the earth and the universe, then sure, I might just consider worshipping she/he/it.

Sorry, I don't know how to do a postcard thingy. Blush

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
30-08-2014, 05:05 PM
If there was a god proven, I would notice its existence, but whether or not I worship depends on how it acts.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
30-08-2014, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2014 05:22 PM by church_organ.)
If the evidence was scientific I would treat the discovery like any other; study and learn. If it is a 1000 mile wide face of a very angry god of Abraham sneering from the clouds I would close my account here immediately and swing by confession on the way home from work. Angel

I will mention that I am open to any real evidence for a god, unlike many theists who could not even conceive that they may be wrong.

don't believe everything you think
30-08-2014, 05:30 PM

Would you worship?

What else would you do?

He can piss off...

I'm a bit dfurunk rittght now for Di so bollocks... But I'm here to have a banging good yuimw time so fuck you gawd... Ye big omnipotent fuck!

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-08-2014, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2014 05:49 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I'd ask for confirmation from a reliable source.
I'd question the "proof".
I'd still be a skeptic.
I'd ask the son-of-a-bitch where it had "been" during all the suffering it did nothing about.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
30-08-2014, 05:39 PM

Would you worship?

What else would you do?

1. Which god?

2. An anti theist is someone who is against those who believe in a higher power and openly debate and attack them verbally.

3. No

4. I do not understand this question.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
30-08-2014, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2014 05:56 PM by Baruch.)
Quote:'CiderThinker'
How would you react?

I agree with natachan's comments - might as well just quote him.
Quote: natachan: Define "God" and define which one we're talking about. Because depending on what we are talking about my reaction would be different.

Quote:Would you become a theist?

If it was proven then the logical and natural conclusion would be to believe. So in that sense I guess so. Same as natachan's comment.

Quote:Would you become an antitheist?

Again, define god and define what we're talking about. Without a solid concept I can't tell if I would like him or be against him. Same as natachan's comment - Oh boy I am not being original ! I think it is because these are reasonable, rational responses.
I would add that based on the unintelligent design and horror in the world such as malaria, congenital birth defects, diseases etc (natural evil's) I may well be an anti-theist. Saying that if an afterlife is going to be Hell for anti-theists then I may have to pretend to be a theist - kind of like living in North Korea and not being an insurgent anti Workers' Party of Korea / anti Kim Il-sung or Kim Jong Un.
...but the deity if it can read minds will know this, like the North Korean spy network - so looks like I will be sent to the gulag anyway. Not surprising if this is the God we are talking about - I would be just another statistic in hell from an insane God.

What if its a benevolent sort of God - it cannot be, look around - couldn't even be bothered to put enough folic acid in the environment or make the body produce it to avoid spina bifida and congenital deformities due to lacking this simple, necessary chemical during pregnancy.

Quote:Would you worship?

Why would someone worship the God ?
If the God is self sufficient or necessary being or lacks nothing then worship is pointless.
If its a reciprocal relationship then I guess I would have to cooperate - somewhat like paying the taxes or going to Jail. I'm not in the mood for conscientious objections just to add more suffering and torture from the deity 'on principle'
...and judging by the unintelligent design, seriously screwed up evolutionary mechanism with its collateral damage in the form of torturous suffering and lack of appearance for so long I think it is quite abhorrent to worship such a deity.

If one has to obey, then it is a form of compulsion, not worship. There are reasons to rebel as an anti-theist - but these would have to be weighed out with pro's & Con's. (cost/benefit analysis)

Quote:What else would you do?

I would still be curious and want to know more about the nature of the deity/God in question - because some of us have been wrong in the past when assuming a God existed. Always healthy to have an open mind and degree of curiosity & skepticism.
If the evidence for the God is overwhelming then that's fine, its just like exploring how gravity works - we know gravity exists with utterly overwhelming conviction & evidence but still don't have the full explanatory understanding - so I would carry on investigating.

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
30-08-2014, 07:03 PM
God has been proven to exist.
1. Everything has a Beginning
2. Logic has a beginning
3. The beginning of logic cannot be logic itself, that is bad according to logic
4. Therefore, the beginning of logic must be God.

Truth seeker.