If God were proven to exist...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2014, 07:33 PM
RE: If God were proven to exist...
(30-08-2014 07:31 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 07:28 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Do you even know what the word knowledge even means?

It means that you can't be wrong

No such thing exists. Only in mathematics is anything of this type possible.

What is commonly held as knowledge is the collection of information, which is completely natural and has no need of god. This does exist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2014, 07:36 PM
(30-08-2014 07:31 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 07:28 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Do you even know what the word knowledge even means?

It means that you can't be wrong

I didn't know a person could get this stupid. Knowledge means

Quote:facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
30-08-2014, 07:49 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2014 08:14 PM by Baruch.)
Quote:1. Everything has a Beginning

Prove it. This is an assertion. Does time have a beginning? Or is it eternal?
- to continue, it is a pure assertion to exclude God from having a beginning (special pleading)
Also 'time' cannot be created because creation presupposes time.
Creation is a process - and all creative activities require time.
'Creation' is a verb - a dynamic process, the word makes no sense in a timeless context.

Quote:2. Logic has a beginning
No - see below response to #3
Also an assertion, but even as an assertion makes no sense.

Quote:3. The beginning of logic cannot be logic itself, that is bad according to logic

No.
some aspects of logic are apriori they exist as necessary truths. The law of identity & contradiction would have to be necessary truths. You cannot deny them without becoming incoherent.
Logic would have no beginning. It cannot make sense that 'logic begins'. It makes no sense to say 2+2=4 today but once upon a time 2+2=5. Even if there was no physical universe then 'potentially 2+2=4' still makes sense even if there was no conscious mind to do the calculations (i.e logical truths are objective not subjective or mind dependent).
Eg the law of identity exists as long as there is existence. If existence is eternal then logic is eternal. Logic is therefore co-eternal with existence.
If "existence" includes God then Logic is co-eternal with God - but God becomes contingent, it still makes sense to say logic is co-eternal with existence even if there is no God.
Also - there is nothing to indicate that existence isn't eternal (regardless if our universe is but one manifestation of that existence or many universes simultaneously or continuously manifest - the point being existence is eternal)

On the contrary - 'nothing' is a relative term to contrast with 'something' - and it makes no sense to say 'nothing exists', because even if there is nothing there is still something in potential which is something and not nothing so something must exist necessarily (whether actual or potential - its irrelevant and still 'something').
The above is much more all encompassing that just justifying a form of naturalism, it would also include spinosism, platonism etc because you cannot have 'just nothing' and be coherent.

Quote:4. Therefore, the beginning of logic must be God.

Non sequitur.
Also contradictory because God cannot be God if the law of identity isn't a necessary truth (and also law of contradiction as a necessary necessary corollary).
Hence logic must be necessarily be apriori before God is even defined or has any identity.
If you deny the necessity of the law of identity & contradiction then you cannot have a God - it cannot be "anything" or God can exist and cannot exist simultaneously or God can be Jesus and a tomato or my ass simultaneously.
[i think the latter - but some will disagree]

Also existence must include God. God cannot 'create existence' because God is part of existence or the whole of existence or non existent.
If God 'creates existence' then your implying God does not exist prior to existence.
So either God is co-eternal to existence, God was created after existence [eg by humans] or God doesn't exist.

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
30-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Not into the worship thing. At. All.

Not going to adore the bastard, either.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
30-08-2014, 09:11 PM
(30-08-2014 07:03 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  God has been proven to exist.
1. Everything has a Beginning
2. Logic has a beginning
3. The beginning of logic cannot be logic itself, that is bad according to logic
4. Therefore, the beginning of logic must be God.

That's all ya got?
May as well say "Therefore, the end of logic must be an apologist"

don't believe everything you think
30-08-2014, 09:21 PM
2. Logic has a beginning
3. The beginning of logic cannot be logic itself, that is bad according to logic

The most fundamental nature of reality has been demonstrated to be non-intuitive. Your own argument is a use of intuitive logic. Without evidence you can say nothing about the fundamental nature of reality. Besides being wrong in absolutely everything you assert, your entire paradigm is built on false assumptions.

Sucks to be you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-08-2014, 09:52 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2014 09:56 PM by CleverUsername.)
I'd love to say that if God were proven to exist (capital usually equals Christian) I'd be super pissed off at him and all rebellious and "You have got so much explaining to do!" and crud but quite frankly I'm a complete coward and I see no way to beat something with at least three traits that start with "omni", so I'd probably be ecstatic about the confirmation of an afterlife and get to worshiping.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
30-08-2014, 09:53 PM
2. Logic has a beginning

Diddo, I'm tellin' you, go see a therapist. It's good for what ails you.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
30-08-2014, 10:20 PM
(30-08-2014 04:19 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 04:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  Which god? Consider

Dionysus?
Deliberately left that an open question - figured someone would ask the question you did but thought most would go with the Jebus God....

Ok if the christian god turned out to be proven real I would probably be worried that the same guy who influenced the creation of the bible is the guy in control of everything, but then I'd probably think if he was clever enough to create the universe then yes he would be worthy of worship, it would probably drive me schizophrenic trying to figure out which of the laws of the bible I'm supposed to follow though.
30-08-2014, 10:33 PM
[Image: GODZILLA.jpg]

Uh, bend over and kiss my ass goodbye?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]