If God were proven to exist...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2014, 10:41 PM
RE: If God were proven to exist...
And on Judgement Day, when I stand before the Lord...

I'll drop me kecks and masturbate furiously...

If I'm going to hell, I might as well get one last wank in before an eternity of getting stabbed in the arse.

"There y'are God... A little present for ya."

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2014, 10:44 PM
which god ?

I'd be an anti-theist

also the meaning of atheism will have to be changed to one who doesn't need a god Tongue

I'd demand answers for his actions in the past
Find all posts by this user
30-08-2014, 10:58 PM
I thought the term for hating the god you believe in was misotheism? Antitheism is an aversion to religion.

Anyway, as said before, depends on the god.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
31-08-2014, 01:19 AM
(30-08-2014 10:58 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I thought the term for hating the god you believe in was misotheism? Antitheism is an aversion to religion.

Anyway, as said before, depends on the god.

oh I'll switch to misotheism alright, after that bastard answers my questions
31-08-2014, 01:39 AM
(30-08-2014 09:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 07:03 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  God has been proven to exist.
1. Everything has a Beginning
2. Logic has a beginning
3. The beginning of logic cannot be logic itself, that is bad according to logic
4. Therefore, the beginning of logic must be God.

The most fundamental nature of reality has been demonstrated to be non-intuitive. Your own argument is a use of intuitive logic. Without evidence you can say nothing about the fundamental nature of reality. Besides being wrong in absolutely everything you assert, your entire paradigm is built on false assumptions.

Sucks to be you.

There are aspects to reality which are non-intuitive but we use logical reasoning to discover what is non intuitive. eg it may be intuitive that the earth is flat and sun looks like it rotates around the Earth - but it took the reasoning & logical analysis of Eratosthenes (measuring earth circ), Galileo, Copernicus, Kepler etc to work out the behaviour of the solar system.
Same with Quantum mechanics - aspects are certainly non intuitive but a rigorous mathematics is used which whilst convoluted will end up with the work of Max Planck, Leonhard Euler, Paul Dirac, John von Neumann [easily one of the greatest mathematicians of 20th century] Granted work by John Archibald Wheeler is weird - logical principles still get us to the weird & counter intuitive !

What diddo97 wrote isn't "logically intuitive" as you claim because it isn't logical - its just nonsense or diddo97 mistaken intuition.

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
31-08-2014, 08:59 AM
(30-08-2014 07:03 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  God has been proven to exist.
1. Everything has a Beginning
2. Logic has a beginning
3. The beginning of logic cannot be logic itself, that is bad according to logic
4. Therefore, the beginning of logic must be God.

Each time I think you've hit rock bottom in the pit of stupidity, you just keep digging

1. Technically speaking, nothing physical has a beginning, just rearrangements of previous conditions leading to different sets of results.

Concepts and constructs don't have beginnings, rather they are formulated and defined, but would technically have always existed, just unrecognized beforehand.

2. The statement itself makes no sense. As in a logical inquiry will always have a starting point? That would be a self-contained situation, the beginning is already accounted for.

Or do you mean that logic as a whole had some precise starting point in which it "began to exist?" I already debunked that in my response to premise one.

3. Two potential answers: either it "began" at the same time as everything else, or it began in the human mind. Either way, we as a species recognized its official formulations, so there's no need to look any further than the human mind.

4. Complete and total non-sequitur.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
31-08-2014, 09:10 AM
Ok so God is proved to exist and nothing changes from the way things are now ? We still have famine, rape, torture, murder and religion ?

That God you just proved to exist will have as much influence on the world as my magical invisible rock that also was proved to exist during an episode of Dora the explorer.

You can prove all the gods exist if you want but if nothing changes as a result, what have you really proved ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
31-08-2014, 09:21 AM
(31-08-2014 08:59 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  3. Two potential answers: either it "began" at the same time as everything else, or it began in the human mind. Either way, we as a species recognized its official formulations, so there's no need to look any further than the human mind.

4. Complete and total non-sequitur.

I don't see why diddo wants to mysticize logic, I think you just did a flyby though, that's way over his head.

[Image: hAB1E3413]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
31-08-2014, 04:23 PM
(30-08-2014 03:34 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  How would you react?
Skeptically. Proof of god's existence is touted daily, sometimes with enough gravitas to make the papers. So the question would more properly be: what kind of proof would you find convincing?

If such a proof appeared in Nature as a peer reviewed paper the very first thing I'd do is check to see if it was the April issue. Then I'd look for corroborating presentations of the same proof elsewhere in other credible scientific journals. Proof of a god's existence would rank as THE proof of all time, so would not appear without a lot of accompaniment. Even then I'd reserve recalibration of belief until finding out as much detail as possible. News like that would be far too momentous to take at face value of the first trumpet's blare.

But I don't think a proof like that would prove a supernatural god's existence, for the basic reason that a proof like that amounts to an expansion of our knowledge of what's natural. If we can explain it, it's natural, by definition. So such a proof wouldn't be so much a proof of existence, it'd be a proof that we now understand a facet of nature we didn't understand before.

We've encountered a lot of weird phenomena of nature, truly mind twisting stuff, without yet having to resort to calling our new understandings "god".

Personally, I've read enough to believe "god's" existence HAS been proven, already, as a very real and describable artifact of how the human mind apprehends and accommodates the perceived universe. But since that makes "god" just another paragraph in the encyclopaedia of nature that same attribute of mind often rejects it. It takes conscious effort to overcome it, just as it takes conscious effort to give credibility to the very bizarre but real principles of sub-atomic physics.

As to worship - sorry, worship is beneath human dignity. It's an obsolete self-abasement that should have disappeared with the abolition of slavery. We can admire, be inspired by, and even feel inferior to a superlative being, but to grovel violates the human spirit. We should aspire to godliness, not cower to it.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
01-09-2014, 02:33 AM
I think Leonard Cohen is a God; he is the God of song.

And he's just about to put out a new album.

Hallelujah, it's a miracle! My prayers have been answered.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user