If I may, is this a non-partisan forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2015, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2015 09:43 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: If I may, is this a non-partisan forum?
(22-12-2015 02:10 PM)jabeady Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 01:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Theism is rooted in FAITH. Faith is the abandonment of reason. There is no rational process that can bring anyone to the gods. Christian theology says as much.

To quote Martin Luther, "Reason is a whore."

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things, but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.” Thumbsup

Yay reason! :cheerleaderjump:

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-12-2015, 06:39 PM
(22-12-2015 06:25 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 04:56 PM)julep Wrote:  [...] if your paranoia leads you to stop posting…I think I could bear it.

[Image: 2afc821b6de2e6108cfedad35a5c5cc2.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_lxm0bswtd01r9kt29o1_500.gif]

Poor soul. You were just too high strung.

#sigh
22-12-2015, 08:51 PM
(22-12-2015 12:32 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Yesterday evening Dec. 22, 2015, Tuesday, I was worried that this forum is explicitly atheistic, namely, that it is into advocating atheism, so that if a thread started by a theist to exchange thoughts with atheists on the rationality of atheism, and the tide is going against the rationality of atheism
This has not happened once in the history of ever.

(22-12-2015 12:32 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  ...if not out-rightly banning him...
I can already tell you that when you get banned it will more than likely be for spamming, which is all you have done in your other thread. Spam spam spam spam.

(22-12-2015 12:32 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  But then, as I presume this is owned and operated by Americans who are the advocates of free speech and of course free thoughts which people can speak out on, and the US is at present not a atheist state, and in particular since I am expecting posters in the thread I have presently authored to reply to my last post, I decided to return, and I am again here.
All those words are, individually, English but when written in that order are not.

(22-12-2015 12:32 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  You see, there have been atheist states in the recent past which just killed their own peoples...
Name a single state that killed people in the name of Atheism or as a direct, demonstrable, result of atheism.

(22-12-2015 12:32 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  For your information, I am not here to convert anyone to become a theist...
HAHAHAHAHAHA! That you actually thought you could even be capable of that or had to tell us is hilariously. Based on your writing and reasoning skills you would have better luck convincing me I'm a pineapple then converting me to your stupidity.

(22-12-2015 12:32 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  I just ENJOY seeing whether atheists can talk reason
We established int he other thread you don't know even the basics of logic or reason. your not qualified to say anything from within your own ass.Drinking Beverage

(22-12-2015 12:32 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  yes that is the truth, the fact, and the logic of my talking with atheists on the rationality of atheists as thinkers;
I own a potato named Theodore that is better qualified to talk about logic and rationality then you. I ate him and he is STILL better qualified.

(22-12-2015 12:32 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  I have absolutely no interest at all in converting atheists to become theists, not at all!
Good you wills ave yourself from even more embarrassment by not trying.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
22-12-2015, 08:55 PM
You ate Theodore??? You monster!!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
22-12-2015, 08:57 PM
Dear Pachomius, you are a boring troll and not worth the time to call you a boring troll. But in this instance I was feeling magnanimous, I can be that way sometimes. Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
22-12-2015, 09:50 PM
(22-12-2015 01:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Name one Atheist state that kills non-atheists. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-12-2015, 09:57 PM
(22-12-2015 12:32 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  But then, as I presume this is owned and operated by Americans who are the advocates of free speech and of course free thoughts which people can speak out on...

Well The Thinking Atheist brand is owned by an American, but our server hoster (and gifted forum tech wizard/true forum overlord) is Australian, and they clearly don't give a shit about freedom of expression down under. Give it another year and we'll probably all be required to register with the Kangaroo Breeder's Party in order to maintain our membership status to the forum.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
22-12-2015, 10:08 PM
If I may, is this a non-partisan forum?
[Image: 4e1342776768be334b5ed17c0901e582.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post
22-12-2015, 10:38 PM
(22-12-2015 09:57 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 12:32 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  But then, as I presume this is owned and operated by Americans who are the advocates of free speech and of course free thoughts which people can speak out on...

Well The Thinking Atheist brand is owned by an American, but our server hoster (and gifted forum tech wizard/true forum overlord) is Australian, and they clearly don't give a shit about freedom of expression down under. Give it another year and we'll probably all be required to register with the Kangaroo Breeder's Party in order to maintain our membership status to the forum.

You forgot the wombats!!!

Wombats rule.

[Image: ncd_2012-12-05-_ncc7413.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
22-12-2015, 10:43 PM
(22-12-2015 10:38 PM)Banjo Wrote:  You forgot the wombats!!!

Wombats rule.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post