If I may, is this a non-partisan forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2015, 07:57 AM
RE: If I may, is this a non-partisan forum?
I am a theist and since joining this forum, I have been treated with utmost respect by almost every member here. Religious matters that I have posted have been well received, and we’ve been able to have thoughtful discussions that do not lead to one party attempting to convert or insult the other party. The forum staff fosters an environment of mutual respect, and the members have been welcoming and willing to engage in thoughtful discussion.

These are people who like learning, they like having their views challenged, and they like engaging in a friendly debate. They’re not especially interested in compelling you to abandon your belief in G-d, and likewise, they’re not going to take it kindly if you attempt to push your religious values onto them.

(22-12-2015 12:32 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  I have absolutely no interest at all in converting atheists to become theists, not at all!

This is the right attitude to take. Construct thoughtful posts and remember that this is their home, not yours. If you do that, I’m sure you’ll have plenty of opportunities for lively discussions and debates with a willing and receptive crowd.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Aliza's post
23-12-2015, 08:11 AM
I just want to add a quick *hug* to Aliza for that. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
23-12-2015, 08:34 AM
(22-12-2015 06:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 02:10 PM)jabeady Wrote:  To quote Martin Luther, "Reason is a whore."

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things, but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.” Thumbsup

Yay reason! :cheerleaderjump:

So what does "Bears" mean in Korean?
23-12-2015, 02:12 PM
(23-12-2015 07:46 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 10:51 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Yeah, its mostly cheddar, some pepper jack and swiss here and there though............... oh I thought we were talking about cheese.

you want the non-parmesan forum next door

Right, must have taken a left when I was supposed to take a right.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
23-12-2015, 08:15 PM
(22-12-2015 12:57 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
Quote:1) The closest thing the forum has to an "owner" is an Aussie named DeepThought who generously pays the hosting service and keeps the place running. He seldom participates but pops in occasionally deus ex machina like.

Nope. I'm not sure how this still abounds, but Deep doesn't pay the bills here. Some other sap does that. Dodgy

Some poor sap wouldn't have too if some other poor sap was to put a small advertisement banner at the top. The poor sap in question might also generate a small profit for our overlord Seth which helps to spread the word of Cthulu-ehhh I mean "Atheism".

[Image: oscar.png]
23-12-2015, 08:57 PM
(23-12-2015 08:15 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 12:57 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Nope. I'm not sure how this still abounds, but Deep doesn't pay the bills here. Some other sap does that. Dodgy

Some poor sap wouldn't have too if some other poor sap was to put a small advertisement banner at the top. The poor sap in question might also generate a small profit for our overlord Seth which helps to spread the word of Cthulu-ehhh I mean "Atheism".

We've been through the ad banner wringer. No longer a possibility.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
23-12-2015, 09:02 PM
(23-12-2015 08:57 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(23-12-2015 08:15 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Some poor sap wouldn't have too if some other poor sap was to put a small advertisement banner at the top. The poor sap in question might also generate a small profit for our overlord Seth which helps to spread the word of Cthulu-ehhh I mean "Atheism".

We've been through the ad banner wringer. No longer a possibility.

Seth say something?

[Image: oscar.png]
23-12-2015, 09:32 PM
(23-12-2015 07:57 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 12:32 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  I have absolutely no interest at all in converting atheists to become theists, not at all!

This is the right attitude to take. Construct thoughtful posts and remember that this is their home, not yours.

Yeah but even in this thread he took the time to blame atheists for massacres and so on. He is always, I repeat always on the attack while clothing it in insincere politeness.

As if Hitler wasn't a theist. Old chestnuts like that.

Saying "With respect" does not actually mean one has respect. And talking down to us from on high is a sign of pomposity and arrogance. He also asks us to prove his points because he is unable to do so. This thread in itself is a lie.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
23-12-2015, 09:42 PM
It's an atheist website. What do you expect?
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
23-12-2015, 09:54 PM
(23-12-2015 09:32 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(23-12-2015 07:57 AM)Aliza Wrote:  This is the right attitude to take. Construct thoughtful posts and remember that this is their home, not yours.

Yeah but even in this thread he took the time to blame atheists for massacres and so on. He is always, I repeat always on the attack while clothing it in insincere politeness.

As if Hitler wasn't a theist. Old chestnuts like that.

Saying "With respect" does not actually mean one has respect. And talking down to us from on high is a sign of pomposity and arrogance. He also asks us to prove his points because he is unable to do so. This thread in itself is a lie.

Other theists here have the same modus operandi. Assholes, the lot of them. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post