If I were a billionaire i'd...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2015, 12:31 PM
If you had won a lottery for let's say a Billion dollars.

What would the first thing you'd do?

And what would you spend most the money on?

Would you quit your job?

Do you think it would change you as a person?

I think the first thing i'd do would be to pay off all my debt.

I've would live to buy a large plot of land and construct it to be my dream paradise.

I would quit my Job.

I hope it wouldn't. I think I've been pretty true to myself and would remain the same. Maybe a little more generous.

I ask these because I've heard a number of stories where the money didn't help. People burned threw it. Like in 2003 when a 16 year old Brit teen spent nearly all her L1.9 mill ( $2,868,656.25) on cocaine, fast cars and Holidays. 6 Years later she had burned threw nearly all of it. She said in a statement that the money didn't make her happy and she was glad it gone.

Other shows I've seen about people that hit it big get tons of dissent family members, or money grubbers that want nothing more then a hand out. But when the winner needed help these same people didn't give them to tears.

Teen Millionaire http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...caine.html

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2015, 12:49 PM
RE: If I were a billionaire i'd...
This:

[Image: 21.-ops.-Scrooge-McDuck.-Azizonomics.jpg]

In all seriousness, I'd probably buy myself a nice house somewhere and make sure all my family are well looked after. Then I'd disappear around the world travelling for a few years Big Grin

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 2 users Like LostLegend's post
28-05-2015, 12:53 PM
I'd hire someone to sleep in late for me.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
28-05-2015, 12:54 PM
Moon my bosses.

Build the house I sketched out.

Start a migraine and chronic pain center.

Get a bad reputation.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
28-05-2015, 12:54 PM
I'd invest a bunch of it in more research to find alternative energy sources, more energy efficient cars and such.

I'd also take some it and build my husband his dream theatre. He wants a glass theatre to direct Shakespeare and other plays. He wants to have all the plants and flowers mentioned in Shakespeare growing among the seats and a whole air flow system that will make it comfortable for the audience. Don't know if that's possible but that's what he wants.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
28-05-2015, 12:56 PM
Way to support the enslavement paradigm, you corporate tool. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-05-2015, 01:02 PM
I dont need a lot. Between family, friends and charity, I'd give most of it away.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
28-05-2015, 01:07 PM
(28-05-2015 12:31 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  If you had won a lottery for let's say a Billion dollars.

What would the first thing you'd do?

Claim my winnings. Then I'd probably celebrate. Multiple times.

(28-05-2015 12:31 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  And what would you spend most the money on?

Most would probably be charities of various sorts, including helping out people I know. A billion dollars is a stupid amount of money.

I'd probably "invest" in things I care about without much concern for a return on the investment.

(28-05-2015 12:31 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Would you quit your job?

Yes.

I'd probably devote a lot of my new-found time to amateur game development (both RPGs and simple PC games/mods). It'd be a labor of love. I'd also make that chess board I've been talking about for over half my life, now.

(28-05-2015 12:31 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Do you think it would change you as a person?

Yes.
28-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Travel, pay off debt, give to charity, pay Jason Statham to be my love slave --you know the usual Big Grin

[Image: tumblr_lxcsi9NdiK1ql5yr7o1_400.gif]
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
28-05-2015, 01:20 PM
(28-05-2015 01:02 PM)pablo Wrote:  I dont need a lot. Between family, friends and charity, I'd give most of it away.

Yup. I'd buy some stuff but I just don't understand people who want the biggest yacht or two dozen fancy cars or 800 pairs of shoes. I've never been very materialistic.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post