If I were a billionaire i'd...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2015, 06:48 PM
RE: If I were a billionaire i'd...
(28-05-2015 06:44 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(28-05-2015 06:19 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Did that sound funny as you were typing it?

No, I was trying to type it with one hand while I masturbated with the other. No funny stuff was going on.

Yeah, figured as much.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2015, 06:51 PM
(28-05-2015 05:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(28-05-2015 05:15 PM)pablo Wrote:  My epilepsy will keep it interesting. Laugh out load

There is always a flaw in my plan. Weeping

I drive like my father.

NB: My father was a NYC cabbie for a long time. A former friend who lives in NYC says that, yes, I do drive like a cabbie.
28-05-2015, 07:03 PM
First hire a financial advisor and personal assistant

Pay off my debt and my immediate family members' debt.

Trust fund for my son and nephews.

Money speaks with politics...just sayin'

Purchase >100 acres in North Alabama and build my farmhouse. I'd use crop rotation practices and pairings to keep from using pesticides, have free range chickens, some cows, goats, etc. I'd be willing to hire nonviolent offenders on work release to work the land, learn skills, and build their resumes. Some of the food would go to my own table, the rest to programs like Meals on Wheels, backpacks of local at risk kids (the thought of children in my son's class going to bed hungry makes me sick), and food shelters.

Have a ginormous basement where my brother can tinker with a lathe and his tools and create whatever is on his mind at the time.

Go to med school and do a surgical residency. Then spend my life traveling, doing something like Doctors Without Borders.

Throw parties when back in the US - gotta have a reason to buy a pretty dress and put on a pair of heels from time to time.

I don't really want a beach house. I can rent someone else's and go someplace new for each vacation.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
28-05-2015, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2015 07:19 PM by Free Thought.)
Oh the things I could do with a $1b

Lets see...

First, I'd do everything in my power to keep it secret. Nobody but my immediate family should know about my new fortune; anybody who leaked would be put out of the picture permanently.

I don't have any real debts at the moment, but I am building it up so I'd set aside some to pay for it.

Then I'd find a nice, out of the way place, buy myself a nice chuck of land and have a small house built, with brick, not the shitty plaster stuff most houses are built out of... And have my land cut off by a brick wall with razor wire atop, and have a nice gate. Painted gunmetal grey.

The house would be rather boring nature; just two or three rooms (one spare, a study/games room and my room of rest) along with a kitchen area, bathroom and a region for entertainment should I ever become deranged and feel the need to have people unnecessarily near me. The only unnecessary thing I would demand would be a fire place in the central 'entertainment' area and it would serve a purpose anyway of giving me the wonderful scent of fire on cold nights. Simple tile flooring for the kitchen and bathroom, cheap non-ugly carpet everywhere else.

If I had the funds, I would have build a large rainwater tank or small reservoir with a good filtration system to serve as much of my water needs to save on water rates.
Additionally, should I have the funds, a solar farm would be made to decrease my reliance on outside sources of power.

I'd hire a relatively inexpensive, but reliable driver to get me places. Probably set him up in a small out of the way place in my new territory. His purpose is to be on-hand, after all.

That would be an incredibly expensive process, but I'd still probably have a few million still on me, so I'd split it between living cost and use the rest for investment to hopefully gain me some money back.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
28-05-2015, 07:34 PM
If I were a billionaire, I'd end every conversation with a casual "Here, have a twenty."

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
28-05-2015, 08:25 PM
I would build an army for world domination.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-05-2015, 10:03 PM
Pay off my parents mortgage, give them a bunch of money to do up their house.
Buy my parents a new car.
Buy my sister, niece and brother-in-law a new house and car.
Set up a trust fund for my niece.
Pay off my debt.
Buy an apartment in Monaco, Singapore, San Francisco, Wellington and maybe one in London.
I'd buy a new motorbike, an LFA and a Mazda RX3.
I'd buy my flatmates a house and new car.
I'd set up a trust fund for the rescue helicopter so they wouldn't need to worry about funding.
I'd take some and set up trust funds for various scientific research projects.
I'd travel everywhere. Do everything.

After that I'd probably just fly to Mars so I can say I was the first man on Mars.

And when I die I wont leave a single cent.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
28-05-2015, 10:34 PM
I don't even know. I don't enjoy stereotypical rich person shit, and I feel like I'm defined, as a person, by my profession. I'd probably end up buying a couple vacation properties. A ranch in Vermont with horses and my guns (and holy crap I'd get a lot of guns). A luxury condo in Montreal. An off the grid SHTF escape home on an isolated lake in Northwest Territories or Alaska. I'd set up a fund for my kids and my girlfriend and then, financial concerns addressed, I'd gear up like it was Christmas for psychopaths and go join the Peshmerga or something and probably get myself killed long before I get a chance to really enjoy my various properties.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
28-05-2015, 10:52 PM
build my dream house

collect all amiibos

buy a moped

meet tim

buy tim a moped

buy like a moped that could physically support Tim's stature

buy the god damn ridiculously rare mega man games

get a bunch of cats and pugs and a rottweiler

pay houseofcantor to be my mom
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
28-05-2015, 11:00 PM
I'd purchase a swell house in Paris -a good sized one in Montmartre, 18th arrondissement. I'd need a place to land while traveling.

I'd also build a house in the country- maybe France or US- maybe both. I want to do research in solar & wind power and learn to make wine.

I'd explore & fund alternative energy sources and the arts. I'd love to own some of my favorite artists' works but I'd make them accessible to the public periodically. So, I'd have to sit on the board of a museum, I suppose.

I guess I'd hang out with you guys ... maybe even in person. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post