If I were a billionaire i'd...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2015, 12:13 AM
RE: If I were a billionaire i'd...
After blowing a few million getting family taken care of and taking a year or three to travel, I think I'd start an energy company. Get really involved in some wind and solar projects and try to use that ridiculous amount of money to push them forward.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
29-05-2015, 12:16 AM
Buy a house with two bedrooms and a big yard for the baby.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
29-05-2015, 05:22 AM
(28-05-2015 12:31 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  If you had won a lottery for let's say a Billion dollars.

What would the first thing you'd do?

And what would you spend most the money on?

Would you quit your job?

Do you think it would change you as a person?

I think the first thing i'd do would be to pay off all my debt.

I've would live to buy a large plot of land and construct it to be my dream paradise.

I would quit my Job.

I hope it wouldn't. I think I've been pretty true to myself and would remain the same. Maybe a little more generous.

I ask these because I've heard a number of stories where the money didn't help. People burned threw it. Like in 2003 when a 16 year old Brit teen spent nearly all her L1.9 mill ( $2,868,656.25) on cocaine, fast cars and Holidays. 6 Years later she had burned threw nearly all of it. She said in a statement that the money didn't make her happy and she was glad it gone.

Other shows I've seen about people that hit it big get tons of dissent family members, or money grubbers that want nothing more then a hand out. But when the winner needed help these same people didn't give them to tears.

Teen Millionaire http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...caine.html

1. Massive Heart failure...then after I recover from it in the hospital and recover and cash in my money, I would buy a new heart and heart valves made from my own DNA in a stem cell lab.

2. I would spend most of the money on traveling around the world to see everything I can see.

3. I don't have a job, so I would never have one. I wouldn't work a day in my life ever again.

4. I would change as a person! I would no longer keep anything restrained, I would never hold my tongue and I would be a LOT more of the ass hole I know I am lol. In other words, I wouldn't censor myself out of fear of being punished for it by losing "job" or whatever. I would act, think, and most importantly DO what my whims dictate me to do. I would be a billionaire bitch! I can do whatever I want, when I want, because I want.

Maybe I would finally find the time to write some books or something.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
29-05-2015, 10:21 AM
It would be nice - or not - to say that I would spend it on helping others, but I think that wouldn't be the case. Some money I would give to family, then I would buy plenty books and probably end in some secluded place where I could read in peace Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
29-05-2015, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 04:09 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-05-2015 12:31 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  If you had won a lottery for let's say a Billion dollars.

What would the first thing you'd do?

Call Warren Buffett and Bill Gates and ask them "What the fuck am I supposed to do with this shit?"

(28-05-2015 12:31 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  And what would you spend most the money on?

Hookers and blow.

(28-05-2015 12:31 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Would you quit your job?

And give up my retirement 30 years in with 3 years to go. No fucking way. I'm gonna make them fuckers pay goddamit. (And by them fuckers I mean the American taxpayers, bunch of assholes.)

(28-05-2015 12:31 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Do you think it would change you as a person?

Not sure I'm capable of being a bigger asshole than I already am but I guess I could give it a go.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Hunt people on my private island with a shark launcher from an attack helicopter. Drinking Beverage

Baring that however I'd do every damn thing possible to eradicate the problem of homelessness amongst war vets. Talking affordable but durable permanent housing, a full team of medical and psychiatric personnel, drug rehab programs, job placement programs. I'd even pay them wages to do housing maintenance, landscaping, basically whatever they can contribute to the program and we are not talking minimum wage here but a damn good fucking pay rate. I'd also hire a team of extraordinarily gifted lawyers with the sole task of putting the hammer down on the federal government and Veteran Affairs every single god damn time they so much a squint at a vet wrong let alone the shit they do to them now. Generous donations to war widows and full collage rides for children of slain solders.

I'd also open and extremely well funded and staffed Earl Silverman Memorial Shelter for men and boys who have been the victim of domestic abuse. Mostly because Canada badly needs one (it won't even admit that does need one) and because that man was a fucking hero, what was done to him was shameful, and he deserves to be memorialized.

There is also the more personal stuff:
Build a house in Ireland right by the Ocean.
Buy a boat and sail again for the first time since I was 23.
Build a fantastic villa in Italy for my mother, she gave up her whole life to tend to the family farm after her father died. She has had a hard, often unpleasant, and rarely rewarding life, she loves Italy and deserves to be happy.
Make every friend I have that has been loyal and honest a millionaire.
Build a small traditional house in the Japanese countryside, between the Mountains and the Sea.
Have a custom made sword built for me, one to rival the greatest blade ever made.
Marry my best friend and travel the world with her, her camera, and her two dogs.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
29-05-2015, 08:02 PM

I'd buy me some art like a Picasso or a Garfunkel.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
29-05-2015, 09:43 PM
(29-05-2015 08:02 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

And don't forget to buy a monkey! I always wanted a monkey.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
29-05-2015, 09:58 PM
(29-05-2015 09:43 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 08:02 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

And don't forget to buy a monkey! I always wanted a monkey.

And a green dress; but not a real green dress that's cruel.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
29-05-2015, 10:06 PM
I suppose I could answer more in depth.

I'd buy a large but not too large home in Provincial France, spending lots of times truffle hunting or sipping wine and eating escargot in cute little diners hidden away on small cobbled streets. or somewhere in New Zealand.

Buy Near a Pagani Huayra cause he LOVES them. I'd get myself a 2001 volkswagon beetle....in sky blue.

Put away a big sum of money for little hobbits education.

Travel.

Pay for my mum and youngest sister to move to Ireland into the little irish cottage in the country on land she's always wanted. Put away some money for my youngest sisters education.

I'd also pay for any operation or treatment that would help my mum with her broken back so she wouldnt be in pain anymore.

Buy my other sister a house and put some money away to go towards my nieces education.

Travel.

I'd fund Bernie Sanders run for presidency if I could.

Put the rest away.