If Jesus Never Existed...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2017, 06:40 AM
RE: If Jesus Never Existed...
(27-04-2017 06:26 AM)SeaJay Wrote:  I'm not interested in other faiths

And that's the whole problem. If you cannot realise that the existence of other "faiths", all claiming pretty much the same as yours (which is only yours by pure geographical coincidence) is possibly the strongest proof they are all UTTER, SHEER, REPULSIVE BUNK... well, I can't see what else will convince you.

None so blind and all that...

Don't you even begin to grasp the IMMENSE injustice and cruelty of having a god who would allow all sorts of "false" faiths to "pollute" his creation, but would still happily send the vast majority of them to be tortured forever just because they didn't grovel enough and they didn't grovel enough, because - through NO fault of theirs - they just happened to have been born in the wrong place.

Like I said, when people only see what they want to... even if it's making their life "hell", there is no one that can help them.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
27-04-2017, 06:55 AM
(27-04-2017 06:40 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 06:26 AM)SeaJay Wrote:  I'm not interested in other faiths

And that's the whole problem. If you cannot realise that the existence of other "faiths", all claiming pretty much the same as yours (which is only yours by pure geographical coincidence) is possibly the strongest proof they are all UTTER, SHEER, REPULSIVE BUNK... well, I can't see what else will convince you.

None so blind and all that...

Don't you even begin to grasp the IMMENSE injustice and cruelty of having a god who would allow all sorts of "false" faiths to "pollute" his creation, but would still happily send the vast majority of them to be tortured forever just because they didn't grovel enough and they didn't grovel enough, because - through NO fault of theirs - they just happened to have been born in the wrong place.

Like I said, when people only see what they want to... even if it's making their life "hell", there is no one that can help them.
I agree Vera, wholeheartedly, but nonething seems to make any difference to me holding on out of fear :/ Trust me I'm working through this

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes SeaJay's post
27-04-2017, 06:57 AM
(27-04-2017 06:36 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-04-2017 10:46 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  His being rejected was prophesied in the old testament.

Deuteronomy 18:10
"Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, (yeah they practiced child sacrifice), who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft,"

Omen reading was forbidden.
The role of of prophet in Hebrew culture, was NEVER to tell the future. It was to advise the people of their own day.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid257278
Which He did.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk
27-04-2017, 06:59 AM
(27-04-2017 06:55 AM)SeaJay Wrote:  I agree Vera, wholeheartedly, but nothing seems to make any difference to me holding on out of fear :/ Trust me I'm working through this

An emotionally conditioned bad habit is one of those problems only time will solve. Ask anyone getting over a longterm relationship.
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
27-04-2017, 07:02 AM
(27-04-2017 04:27 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(26-04-2017 10:46 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  His being rejected was prophesied in the old testament.

> Citation needed.
The stone the builders rejected is the cornerstone of sound faith.

Do you really want me to put up scripture to show my point.

Usually people here don't care about that, but I will gladly if that is what you request.

27-04-2017, 07:03 AM
(27-04-2017 04:40 AM)unfogged Wrote:  

Under your interpretation perhaps. That is, at best, a post-hoc rationaliztion.

Fuck, his meds wore off again...
I'm never on meds friend

27-04-2017, 07:06 AM
(27-04-2017 07:03 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 04:40 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Under your interpretation perhaps. That is, at best, a post-hoc rationaliztion.

Fuck, his meds wore off again...
I'm never on meds friend

Consider them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Gawdzilla's post
27-04-2017, 07:08 AM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2017 07:59 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(27-04-2017 06:57 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 06:36 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Deuteronomy 18:10
"Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, (yeah they practiced child sacrifice), who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft,"

Omen reading was forbidden.
The role of of prophet in Hebrew culture, was NEVER to tell the future. It was to advise the people of their own day.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid257278
Which He did.

But YOU are taking it OUT of context, and doing what Deuteronomy said NOT to do.
For example, the "Virgin Birth" ... taken OUT of context, and mistranslated.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...3#pid49743
You can "prove" nothing by your post-dictum interpretations, 1/2 of which never happened.
If it "shows your point", how is it, the very culture from which it came, doesn't buy it ?
It "shows" nothing, except your bias, (and ignorant misuse) of the texts.
Also the tense you missed entirely. He said (AT THE TIME he said it) "has become". That means, whatever he was talking about HAD ALREADY happened. It was not about a future event. Therefore it could not refer to what you claim.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-04-2017, 07:12 AM
Yeah, then maybe you really need therapy to help you get over the fear. And time. Time and therapy. Because it really is a fucking horrible waste of your precious time on Earth, to spend it terrified of the ugly, childish imaginings and abject fears of our distant ancestors, with their - to quote the brilliant Ingersoll yet again - mouths filled with cruel fangs and hearts of fear and hatred, their conscience of hunger and lust, the lowest and most debased that created this cruel, heartless and bestial of all dogmas.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
27-04-2017, 07:13 AM
I've said it before SeaJay, nobody on here is going to change your mind. You need to take a step back, stop over analyzing one religion, and just chill out mate. I know it's an irrational fear, but step 1 is opening your mind a bit. User logic to answer your own questions and just go from there.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post