If Jesus Never Existed...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2017, 07:50 AM
RE: If Jesus Never Existed...
(27-04-2017 06:55 AM)SeaJay Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 06:40 AM)Vera Wrote:  And that's the whole problem. If you cannot realise that the existence of other "faiths", all claiming pretty much the same as yours (which is only yours by pure geographical coincidence) is possibly the strongest proof they are all UTTER, SHEER, REPULSIVE BUNK... well, I can't see what else will convince you.

None so blind and all that...

Don't you even begin to grasp the IMMENSE injustice and cruelty of having a god who would allow all sorts of "false" faiths to "pollute" his creation, but would still happily send the vast majority of them to be tortured forever just because they didn't grovel enough and they didn't grovel enough, because - through NO fault of theirs - they just happened to have been born in the wrong place.

Like I said, when people only see what they want to... even if it's making their life "hell", there is no one that can help them.
I agree Vera, wholeheartedly, but nonething seems to make any difference to me holding on out of fear :/ Trust me I'm working through this

I don't think we can help you through this. And if professional help can't either, then it's up to you, which you already knew.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
27-04-2017, 08:00 AM
(27-04-2017 07:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 06:57 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Which He did.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

But YOU are taking it OUT of context, and doing what Deuteronomy said NOT to do.
For example, the "Virgin Birth" ... taken OUT of context, and mistranslated.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...3#pid49743
You can "prove" nothing by your post-dictum interpretations, 1/2 of which never happened.
If it "shows your point", how is it, the very culture from which it came, doesn't buy it ?
It "shows" nothing, except your bias, (and ignorant misuse) of the texts.
You don't know what I think about the texts or what I get out of them or how I interpret them or how they relate to each of us.

peace

Find all posts by this user
27-04-2017, 08:03 AM
(27-04-2017 07:13 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I've said it before SeaJay, nobody on here is going to change your mind. You need to take a step back, stop over analyzing one religion, and just chill out mate. I know it's an irrational fear, but step 1 is opening your mind a bit. User logic to answer your own questions and just go from there.

[Image: 515b590b6ca9520f2337939fec3a8aef.jpg]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-04-2017, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2017 08:09 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(27-04-2017 08:00 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 07:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  But YOU are taking it OUT of context, and doing what Deuteronomy said NOT to do.
You can "prove" nothing by your post-dictum interpretations, 1/2 of which never happened.
If it "shows your point", how is it, the very culture from which it came, doesn't buy it ?
You don't know what I think about the texts or what I get out of them or how I interpret them or how they relate to each of us.

peace

Unfortunately you told us how you use them. And it's wrong.
We also know, how scholars in the best Biblical Studies programs in the world teach "Prophesy". It's not as "predictions", which is what you attempted.
You are not qualified to say anything on the topic, AND you are not qualified to say how they relate "to us".
You interpret them for YOURSELF, with the incorrect Hollywood notion of "prophecy as prediction". It's a very common ignorant mistake made by those who never studied the ancient Near East, and it's literary forms.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-04-2017, 09:36 AM
(27-04-2017 07:02 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The stone the builders rejected is the cornerstone of sound faith.

The lark flies left of the moon.

Quote:Do you really want me to put up scripture to show my point.

Usually people here don't care about that, but I will gladly if that is what you request.

No, we'd like actual evidence of your claims. Texts that you misread based on your cherry picking are not evidence.

(27-04-2017 07:03 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm never on meds friend

We are not friends. I have too much respect for actual friendship to degrade the term like that.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
27-04-2017, 09:42 AM
(27-04-2017 07:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  But YOU are taking it OUT of context, and doing what Deuteronomy said NOT to do.

peace

So you interject yourself into the coversation and make assertions, then immediately try to play the "you don't know me" card?

And yes, we do know how you interpret them because you just demonstrated how.
27-04-2017, 12:17 PM

Sure we do.
peace

27-04-2017, 01:56 PM
(25-04-2017 08:11 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(25-04-2017 08:05 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  People can and do completely make things up.

That just isn't true.

Take my personal deity, Dr.McNuggetFingers: He did standeth on thine hill, with only a small cardboard box containing 1 chicken McNugget. And dideth say unto thee, "Let us thou dine upon my almighty nugget feast", when the nuggets began to multiply and he fed the many, and the few, upon his bountiful McNugget meal.

True story Hobo

PS: I'm really hungry, but that's not related to the above story.

But everyone knows KFC is the one true god.
27-04-2017, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2017 02:14 PM by Cosmo.)
Quote:You don't know what I think about the texts or what I get out of them or how I interpret them or how they relate to each of us.

Well seeing as how the Jews say that Christians take their scriptures out of context to suit their own agenda (which they do,) and sometimes even made up prophecies such as in Matthew to try to make Jesus into the messiah, I would say that if you're a Christian, the context you're reading them in is inherently incorrect in the first place.

Have you ever considered the Jewish perspective on their own body of religious texts? Because they would disagree with your conclusion that Jesus is the messiah.

https://jewsforjudaism.org/knowledge/art...f-texting/

Regards!

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 3 users Like Cosmo's post
27-04-2017, 02:16 PM
@SeaJay
Remove the if from "If jesus never existed." Personally I think you'll be far more likely to be historically accurate.
Richard Carrier "On the historicity of Jesus" Wink

As for fear, I think time will help the most. Finding others to fill an emotional need for community will help too, find folks that won't try to lie to you or give you bullshit. Actively practicing for lack of a better term higher order thinking, studying logic, learning how the world REALLY works will prolly go a long way too. And read dude. Read, read, read.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post