If Jesus Never Existed...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2017, 05:10 AM
RE: If Jesus Never Existed...
No such thing as a magic baby born without a second set of DNA who has super powers. Jesus did not exist. Humans don't have super powers. The bible is a book of myth.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
06-05-2017, 05:14 AM
(06-05-2017 05:06 AM)SeaJay Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 03:46 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Do you believe consciousness survives (regular) death? If so, why do you believe that?
No, I don't believe there is anything that survives our death

Do you think that's possibly your subconscious minds attempt to get round the fact that the belief in the existence of an immortal soul is demonstrably false as explained in my post above ?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
06-05-2017, 05:21 AM
(06-05-2017 05:14 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 05:06 AM)SeaJay Wrote:  No, I don't believe there is anything that survives our death

Do you think that's possibly your subconscious minds attempt to get round the fact that the belief in the existence of an immortal soul is demonstrably false as explained in my post above ?

I'm not sure my subconscious and conscious thoughts are at odds here. I just don't believe there is anything that survives death, no soul no consciousness. Not until the resurrection as far as the bible is concerned.

Whether the resurrection results in a clone or not is another (interesting) topic, but as far as I'm concerned, we are maggot food when we cease to exist.

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes SeaJay's post
06-05-2017, 05:29 AM
(06-05-2017 05:21 AM)SeaJay Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 05:14 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Do you think that's possibly your subconscious minds attempt to get round the fact that the belief in the existence of an immortal soul is demonstrably false as explained in my post above ?

I'm not sure my subconscious and conscious thoughts are at odds here. I just don't believe there is anything that survives death, no soul no consciousness. Not until the resurrection as far as the bible is concerned.

Whether the resurrection results in a clone or not is another (interesting) topic, but as far as I'm concerned, we are maggot food when we cease to exist.

There will be no resurrections.
Your fear is all about a myth.
Do you fear trolls under bridges?
Do you fear bogeymen in the night?

Time to grow up, SeaJay. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-05-2017, 05:44 AM
(06-05-2017 05:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 05:21 AM)SeaJay Wrote:  I'm not sure my subconscious and conscious thoughts are at odds here. I just don't believe there is anything that survives death, no soul no consciousness. Not until the resurrection as far as the bible is concerned.

There will be no resurrections.
Your fear is all about a myth.
Do you fear trolls under bridges?
Do you fear bogeymen in the night?

Time to grow up, SeaJay. Drinking Beverage

There is no Allah, no Vishnu, no Buddhist reincarnation. Just like one accepts there is no Apollo or Thor or Horus. I really get tired of anyone of ANY religion playing victim when all we really are saying is "that was then, this is now". It was understandable back then that humans made up religions because they didn't know better. We have much better tools to measure the nature of reality now.

Humans DO NOT talk to a fictional "divine world". Jesus only exists because some group of people sold the legend and created the character after the fact to create a new religion to compete with the older Hebrews.

Not even the Yahweh, name which is what the name of GOD is in the OT is not original to the Hebrews. The Hebrews stole the character from prior Canaanite polytheism where Yahweh was a underling deity under the divine family rule of the head God "El".

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
06-05-2017, 05:47 AM
Y'all motherfuckers need Gwynnies. Angel

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-05-2017, 05:49 AM
(06-05-2017 05:21 AM)SeaJay Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 05:14 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Do you think that's possibly your subconscious minds attempt to get round the fact that the belief in the existence of an immortal soul is demonstrably false as explained in my post above ?

Then skip the old book of myth. I agree when you die, that's it. Just like you did not exist 4 billion years ago, or 13.8 billion years ago. An estimated 5 billion years from now our sun will die and so will our planet and solar system, and by then it is far more likely than not, considering we have had 5 mass extinction events so far, humans will be long gone prior to the death of our sun. Our universe will continue on with NO RECORD of our species, or the superstitions, gods/myths we have invented.

06-05-2017, 05:57 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2017 06:00 AM by SeaJay.)
(06-05-2017 05:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  Time to grow up, SeaJay. Drinking Beverage
Could you please define 'grow up' for me? I'm not sure of the context in which you use the term

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde
06-05-2017, 06:11 AM
(06-05-2017 05:57 AM)SeaJay Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 05:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  Time to grow up, SeaJay. Drinking Beverage
Could you please define 'grow up' for me? I'm not sure of the context in which you use the term

I can't speak for Chas (nor do I want to Rolleyes ) but I'm guessing he means stop believing in fairy-tales and/or clinging to the idea of a divine father figure, watching over you. Because that's what religion pretty much boils down to nowadays and frankly, the need to have someone stronger and wiser than you in charge of your life, making sure that everything is going to be okay, taking care of the hard stuff and kissing your emotional booboos to make it all better, is how children live. Yeah, there may be a sense of comfort and security in it, but it's false and rather childish.

My two centavos anyway.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
06-05-2017, 06:12 AM
He means it's time to stop worrying that if you don't obey your parents, you might get a lump of coal instead of presents...or even might get taken by the Krampus!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post