If Jesus Was A Revolutionary...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2017, 09:28 PM
RE: If Jesus Was A Revolutionary...
(21-03-2017 08:46 PM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 08:07 PM)julep Wrote:  Thanks for clarifying.

I don't follow Dawkins, Harris, etc., either--haven't felt the need to be a particular kind of atheist. I don't see communism as a desirable or achievable political structure. Belief in the benevolent state/proletarian utopia is as fundamentally theological as belief in god or belief in the invisible hand of the capitalist market.

As for revolution and fanatics of every stripe, righting past atrocities with present atrocities isn't an objective that I can support.
Historical materialism is not Utopian, it's materialist. I already devastatingly debunked the "commie as religion" card on the other thread.

Capitalism is fanatic, extreme, reactionary, radical. Communism is egalitarian. Revolution is necessary.

So, please tell me when and where you’ve lived under communist rule. I think many of us here would be interested in knowing details about your first hand experiences.

We can compare notes.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
21-03-2017, 09:31 PM
(21-03-2017 09:16 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 09:13 PM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  Are there any qualifications for forum mods, or is it just a crony thing?

Nothing wrong with the forum team.
Thats your opinion. It's not an answer to the question.
21-03-2017, 09:40 PM
(21-03-2017 09:31 PM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 09:16 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Nothing wrong with the forum team.
Thats your opinion. It's not an answer to the question.

Seeing as how you are the only one with a problem with it and this forum has not gone to shit I would say it's more than opinion.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
21-03-2017, 09:42 PM
(21-03-2017 09:40 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 09:31 PM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  Thats your opinion. It's not an answer to the question.

Seeing as how you are the only one with a problem with it and this forum has not gone to shit I would say it's more than opinion.
No, it's an opinion, thats a fact.
21-03-2017, 09:43 PM
Ok, if anybody watches the vid and wants to talk seriously about the topic, pm me, k? I'm out.
21-03-2017, 09:48 PM
Better make sure your inbox is cleared out. I am sure you are going to have lots of takers. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-03-2017, 09:52 PM
(21-03-2017 09:43 PM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  Ok, if anybody watches the vid and wants to talk seriously about the topic, pm me, k? I'm out.

[Image: giphy.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
21-03-2017, 10:40 PM
(21-03-2017 09:42 PM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 09:40 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Seeing as how you are the only one with a problem with it and this forum has not gone to shit I would say it's more than opinion.
No, it's an opinion, thats a fact.

Be that as it may....

Please comply with the forum rules and remove from your ignore list any member of the forum team. Thank you for your cooperation. This is your only warning on this subject.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-03-2017, 11:28 PM
Jesus is whatever any scholar looking at the myth wants him to be. Some of them have the integrity to be embarrassed by that.

Quote:Numerous secular scholars have presented their own versions of the so-called “Historical Jesus” – and most of them are, as biblical scholar J.D. Crossan puts it, “an academic embarrassment.” From Crossan’s view of Jesus as the wise sage, to Robert Eisenman’s Jesus the revolutionary, and Bart Ehrman’s apocalyptic prophet, about the only thing New Testament scholars seem to agree on is Jesus’ historical existence. But can even that be questioned?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/postevery...t-hold-up/

Why should anyone dispute this guy's desire to invent a jesus of his own?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
22-03-2017, 03:05 AM
(21-03-2017 08:46 PM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  Historical materialism is not Utopian, it's materialist. I already devastatingly debunked the "commie as religion" card on the other thread.

If by devastatingly debunked you mean that you whined about how m-l isn't religion then you're right. I must say that it is amusing to see another troll with so big ego.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.