If Jesus Was A Revolutionary...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2017, 10:30 AM
RE: If Jesus Was A Revolutionary...
So Fred, how many communist countries have you lived in?

It's been asked a few times, but you've never directly answered that.

I'm kinda curious. I"ve actually visited a few then Eastern European countries but I didn't live there and as I said before most that would talk to us didn't seem thrilled about their station. Although we also had KGB (pointed out to us by some locals) following us around.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-03-2017, 10:38 AM
(22-03-2017 10:30 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So Fred, how many communist countries have you lived in?

I'm kinda curious. I"ve actually visited a few then Eastern European countries but I didn't live there and as I said before most that would talk to us didn't seem thrilled about their station. Although we also had KGB (pointed out to us by some locals) following us around.

Inquiring minds want to know if Fred is speaking form theory or experience right?

One thing is to go all Che on a forum board, another is having to run from the authorities because of your political views. Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
22-03-2017, 10:40 AM
(22-03-2017 10:38 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 10:30 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So Fred, how many communist countries have you lived in?

Inquiring minds want to know if Fred is speaking form theory or experience right?

One thing is to go all Che on a forum board, another is having to run from the authorities because of your political views. Drinking Beverage

Yeah exactly. It's unsettling to have KGB follow you around, but it's more ominous to realize they don't care about you, the tourist, they're listening to what's being told to you.

22-03-2017, 11:04 AM
(22-03-2017 10:38 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  One thing is to go all Che on a forum board, another is having to run from the authorities because of your political views. Drinking Beverage
I don't now that communist regimes have a corner on that. Fascist environments are pretty good at it too. Capitalist nations don't put you in jail (usually) for having unapproved ideologies or being a perceived thread to the state, but they marginalize you in more deniable ways, like denying or rationing health care and other social safety nets, and whatever else it takes to to make you irrelevant and preferably, mired in poverty or corralled in some sort of ghetto. Short of that, they try to embarrass or isolate you into conformity through social mechanisms like religion.

The problem is that you don't wake up one morning in Hitler's Germany (or Trump's America) and suddenly the sky is always cloudy, the trees droop like a Salvador Dali painting, and nobody makes eye contact anymore. The transition is far subtler and slower than that (usually). The corruption, the violence, the pogroms don't start right away. You sleep through it, in some form of denial, and then you are slowly seduced into complicity, and then it's too late.

It's my view that the OP's bogeyman of choice (capitalism) is incomplete at best and misidentified at worst. It leads to advocating a system, communism, as the solution, despite that this system has never been successfully implemented at scale without being co-opted by totalitarians that are, in everyday terms, far worse than the excesses of reasonably regulated capitalism.

The problem is human nature and the human condition, and sadly, the fix for that is far more diffuse and nuanced and time-consuming that just Throwing The Bastards Out. Every political system we've ever devised is eventually subverted by assholes, I would simply submit that some forms of capitalism are the closest we've gotten to asshole-proofing public life and making it relatively sustainable and self-correcting. Unfortunately we are being caught in the undertows of some fairly large-scale churn at present but the answer is not to look for a new savior, either in the form of a leader or a system. We have to save ourselves, as always.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
22-03-2017, 11:36 AM
(22-03-2017 09:52 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 03:27 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  F'ing is the standard hack although around here we say fucking. Give it a try sometime. Tongue

OMG really?

I would prefer that everyone that finds the word fucking offensive enough to hide it behind some weird abbreviation just pick another fucking word.

Or add an asterisk to it...But still just pick another fucking word that you're not ashamed to spell out.
Mom, the language, tone it down a notch, k? Wink
22-03-2017, 11:38 AM
(22-03-2017 10:40 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 10:38 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Inquiring minds want to know if Fred is speaking form theory or experience right?

Yeah exactly. It's unsettling to have KGB follow you around, but it's more ominous to realize they don't care about you, the tourist, they're listening to what's being told to you.
Murica gots so many FBI's and NSA's and and and x 1000, would make the KGB and Stasi blush. They could only DREAM of Murican surveillence of the Murican peoples.
22-03-2017, 11:39 AM

Zero. There kind of aren't any too much, maybe the DPRK.
22-03-2017, 11:43 AM
(22-03-2017 10:38 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  

One thing is to go all Che on a forum board, another is having to run from the authorities because of your political views. :cup:
I've paid some dues runnin' from cops. 1st world USA is nowhere near ready for rev soc-comm, may never be. Not enough peeps hungry enough yet and too much bread and circus to keep them "happy" and endlessly distracted. There are few groups though, coming up. Have to go to the 3rd World for that, prlly Africa. I may be headed there at some point in the medium future.

We still havent talked about the actual theme of the thread. You peeps have many sideshow 'tricks'.
22-03-2017, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2017 11:58 AM by Deesse23.)
(22-03-2017 11:38 AM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  Murica gots so many FBI's and NSA's and and and x 1000, would make the KGB and Stasi blush. They could only DREAM of Murican surveillence of the Murican peoples.

Once again, you are talking about things you have absolutely no clue of. While the Stasi didnt have the tech (after all it ceased to exist 27 years ago) agencies like the NSA have, the Stasi did things the NSA or CIA wouldnt dream of in their most wet dreams.

So, please stop embarassing yourself.

On a sidenote: In how many communist countries did you live? How many communist countries have you visited yet?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
22-03-2017, 12:51 PM
(22-03-2017 11:55 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 11:38 AM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  Murica gots so many FBI's and NSA's and and and x 1000, would make the KGB and Stasi blush. They could only DREAM of Murican surveillence of the Murican peoples.

Once again, you are talking about things you have absolutely no clue of. While the Stasi didnt have the tech (after all it ceased to exist 27 years ago) agencies like the NSA have, the Stasi did things the NSA or CIA wouldnt dream of in their most wet dreams.

So, please stop embarassing yourself.

On a sidenote: In how many communist countries did you live? How many communist countries have you visited yet?

My current best guess, he's never been out of the continental US.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post