If Jesus had his second coming soon...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2012, 01:58 PM
RE: If Jesus had his second coming soon...
Illogical Captain!

However, it's quite fun to imagine him coming as it would be interesting to see how his teaching corresponded with the doctrine of those who purport to follow him. Clearly, since "Christians" can't even agree amongst themselves, they obviously won't all be able to agree with "Himself" either. Faced with the returning Lord, will they hold fast to their cherished beliefs or bow to the Him? I would bet on the former. Since they hold to their beliefs in the face of all reason, I'm pretty sure that they would deny the divinity of anyone who disagreed with them by so much as a jot or tittle.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2012, 02:31 PM
(17-01-2012 01:58 PM)White Rabbit Wrote:  Illogical Captain!

However, it's quite fun to imagine him coming as it would be interesting to see how his teaching corresponded with the doctrine of those who purport to follow him. Clearly, since "Christians" can't even agree amongst themselves, they obviously won't all be able to agree with "Himself" either. Faced with the returning Lord, will they hold fast to their cherished beliefs or bow to the Him? I would bet on the former. Since they hold to their beliefs in the face of all reason, I'm pretty sure that they would deny the divinity of anyone who disagreed with them by so much as a jot or tittle.

Christians are fucked on all counts though, 'cos according to scripture
1. In the end times there will be multiple false prophets.
2. JC will pitch up too, looking exactly like every other nut job (like a thief in the night).

If you fail to follow JC II... I don't know Bible verses but I suspect it's a royal fucking you will receive.

On the other hand, if you follow another false prophet accidentally then... again, I see fucking in your future, and not in a good way Tongue
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
17-01-2012, 05:25 PM
(17-01-2012 02:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-01-2012 01:58 PM)White Rabbit Wrote:  Illogical Captain!

Christians are fucked on all counts though, 'cos according to scripture
1. In the end times there will be multiple false prophets.
2. JC will pitch up too, looking exactly like every other nut job (like a thief in the night).

If you fail to follow JC II... I don't know Bible verses but I suspect it's a royal fucking you will receive.

On the other hand, if you follow another false prophet accidentally then... again, I see fucking in your future, and not in a good way Tongue

Wow, God sure is a tricky little bastard!
[+] 1 user Likes Ben's post
19-01-2012, 01:13 AM
This was sort of discussed from a different angle in a church I visited recently. (By choice, I do attend churches once in a while if someone invites me to.) Anyway the topic was the 'second coming' and we were invited to imagine what Jesus might o to let the world know he was going to return to earth. I thought about this question when I got home and I decided.... FACEBOOK! Surely if he was going to return and needed as many people to know as possible, he'd use the fastest growing social networking site on Earth to reach a great number at once. LOL.
[+] 2 users Like AstralMystic's post
20-01-2012, 11:11 AM
(11-01-2012 11:57 AM)Leela Wrote:  I just watched EdwardCurrant, now don't try to understand how I go to this thought because it was a video with his cat playing e-piano Undecided

But my thought was
What if Jesus had his second coming?
How would people react.
If you are thinking about it, it is most likely that he would be put into a mental hospital.
Why?
A LOT of people say they are Jesus and noone believes them.
If you say you are Jesus you will most likely be declared mental, too.
If your friend told you "Listen, you know me, well, what if I told you, I am Jesus, I am back!" .... most likely you wouldn't believe.

I have a ton of scenes like that in my mind, but all the street corner preachers and crazy people on this planet make it difficult for a second coming of christ.
Not even if it was a wonder completely public in a crowed place where 1000 people can see it... Most people would be like, "ok, where are the cameras, show me that trick"

What are your thoughts on this?

Jesus said he would return soon, he obviously lied.
20-01-2012, 12:35 PM
(20-01-2012 11:11 AM)Jasrace Wrote:  
(11-01-2012 11:57 AM)Leela Wrote:  I just watched EdwardCurrant, now don't try to understand how I go to this thought because it was a video with his cat playing e-piano Undecided

But my thought was
What if Jesus had his second coming?
How would people react.
If you are thinking about it, it is most likely that he would be put into a mental hospital.
Why?
A LOT of people say they are Jesus and noone believes them.
If you say you are Jesus you will most likely be declared mental, too.
If your friend told you "Listen, you know me, well, what if I told you, I am Jesus, I am back!" .... most likely you wouldn't believe.

I have a ton of scenes like that in my mind, but all the street corner preachers and crazy people on this planet make it difficult for a second coming of christ.
Not even if it was a wonder completely public in a crowed place where 1000 people can see it... Most people would be like, "ok, where are the cameras, show me that trick"

What are your thoughts on this?

Jesus said he would return soon, he obviously lied.

Maybe he was just delayed. You know, laundry, cat, errands, ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user