If KC held a gun to your head...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2011, 09:25 PM
If KC held a gun to your head...
...and forced you name one religious Christmas Carol as your favorite, what would it be? And, is there a favorite rendition and any good memory or feeling attached to it?

Or, are you a ninja and able to turn the gun upon KC and ask him to pick his favorite Satan...er...Santa Song?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2011, 09:28 PM
RE: If KC held a gun to your head...
That's easy. I would say that mt favorite Christmas carol is "Tis the season to be Trolling". Everyone knows that.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 6 users Like Hamata k's post
20-12-2011, 09:58 PM
(20-12-2011 09:25 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  ...and forced you name one religious Christmas Carol as your favorite, what would it be? And, is there a favorite rendition and any good memory or feeling attached to it?

Or, are you a ninja and able to turn the gun upon KC and ask him to pick his favorite Satan...er...Santa Song?

He doesn't need the gun. O Holy Night - stunningly moving music. I can feel the hope and joy embodied in this song without actually believing a word of it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Little drummer boy.

This version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrNcD34KFhM

This kid is from my home city. Atta boy.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
20-12-2011, 10:54 PM
I prefer it with David Bowie and Bing Crosby Stark.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
20-12-2011, 11:07 PM
I honestly really hate the Bowie/Crosby version. I think it may be linked to some buried childhood trauma or something. I actually feel angry when I hear them do the song. Weird huh?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
20-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Well Crosby wasn't a very good man, Bowie though was just a guy who slept with other guys while with his wife. I'm pretty sure she knew so it wasn't cheating =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
21-12-2011, 12:46 AM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2011 12:48 AM by Erxomai.)
(20-12-2011 11:07 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I honestly really hate the Bowie/Crosby version. I think it may be linked to some buried childhood trauma or something. I actually feel angry when I hear them do the song. Weird huh?

I didn't mean to like your comment. The "like" button is inconveniently placed next to the reply button. Big Grin

That said, I was going to say I do not really like Drummer Boy, and I think it stems from childhood trauma of watching the claymation Christmas Drummer Boy version back in the 70's. However, I would have said the Bowie/Crosby version was my favorite. However again, I must now say Sean Quigley's version friggin' rocks and I may not hate the song anymore. Thanks for sharing it!

(20-12-2011 09:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  He doesn't need the gun. O Holy Night - stunningly moving music. I can feel the hope and joy embodied in this song without actually believing a word of it.

Chas, that is a stunning piece of music. I place it high on my list, but the problem is, in my head I can hear my brother singing it at church every few years. My brother is not a bad singer, but he should probably stick to singing in a chorale and not do solos so much.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
21-12-2011, 01:04 AM
Favourite? But... there's so many...

God rest ye merry gentlemen

I always think of a bunch of fairly portly old guys getting quietly sozzled on brandy Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-12-2011, 01:08 AM
(21-12-2011 01:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  Favourite? But... there's so many...

God rest ye merry gentlemen

I always think of a bunch of fairly portly old guys getting quietly sozzled on brandy Tongue

That song does make me flash to Dickensian scene in my head.

For ddrew...that's NOT a penis reference

~Izel