RE: If KC held a gun to your head...
This KC guy sounds like a jerk.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
21-12-2011, 08:10 AM
(21-12-2011 08:07 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  This KC guy sounds like a jerk.

Sorry KC, been takin' your name in vain...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-12-2011, 08:49 AM
(20-12-2011 09:25 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  ...and forced you name one religious Christmas Carol as your favorite, what would it be? And, is there a favorite rendition and any good memory or feeling attached to it?

Or, are you a ninja and able to turn the gun upon KC and ask him to pick his favorite Satan...er...Santa Song?

I like Christmas carols. O Holy Night is one of my favorites. And Carol of the Bells rules.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
21-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Oh I love Carol of the Bells. It's really one of the only Christmas carols I can withstand and keep on repeat, because I think it's beautiful.

Especially this version. I preformed it with my high school choir last Christmas, and, I kid you not, we sounded perfect. Exactly like this version. We put so much time and effort into it. Big Grin

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
21-12-2011, 11:14 AM
(21-12-2011 11:06 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Oh I love Carol of the Bells. It's really one of the only Christmas carols I can withstand and keep on repeat, because I think it's beautiful.

Especially this version. I preformed it with my high school choir last Christmas, and, I kid you not, we sounded perfect. Exactly like this version. We put so much time and effort into it. Big Grin

Excellente, Ferdy! Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
21-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Damn you carol of the bells!!!!!! The oboe part for that song is so overly repetitive. That was a horrid christmas concert....

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
21-12-2011, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2011 11:26 AM by Erxomai.)
I've given a lot of thought to my favorite Christmas Carol. I've been inspired by the posts of others. I've wanted to say, "Yeah, me too." I especially wanted to say that I am in total agreement with KC's comment.

As I thought about it, I realized that I've probably sung and listened to all of those songs mentioned for decades, not just stirred by the tunes, but believing the words (Except the part about Jesus being born on the actual date of Dec. 25, that's poppycock even to True Believers).

So, for the first year, I can reframe my old beliefs by looking at things a bit differently. So I present to you the Carol that was Pastor Erxomai's favorite Carol of the Season, but was never able to publicly declare it before:

It's a shame that Nigel's solo is just a little too soft in the Mix because that cat shreds!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
21-12-2011, 11:40 AM
I am perfectly capable to thoroughly enjoy a huge chunk of the existing religious music. Art is art. Michelangelo is huge, even if his richest sponsors and clients were popes and religious people who decided what he should sculpt and paint (against his will).

I enjoy Frank Sinatra's carols and many choral carols from various world cultures and I can tolerate pretty much anything christmasy around christmas. I have selective hearing (a great gift IMO) and I can shut out a lot of background noise (such as religious bullshit) to be able to focus on the music and to enjoy the way it makes me feel inside.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post
21-12-2011, 12:56 PM
(21-12-2011 11:06 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Oh I love Carol of the Bells. It's really one of the only Christmas carols I can withstand and keep on repeat, because I think it's beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com

Trans-siberian Orchestra Carol of the Bells

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
21-12-2011, 01:56 PM
For example this one fascinates me. The composer took at least 3 Romanian traditional carol themes, he overlapped them, he plays them all together at the same time into one single song and somehow it sounds right. You can't really understand most of the words even if you know the language, but with such fucking awesome composing techniques who cares what it says about Jesus?

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post