If Ken Ham......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2015, 07:42 AM
RE: If Ken Ham......
New rule! When he retrieves those animals, he has to use ancient tech only! No planes or cars allowed when gathering them up!

Also, new rule! When you have all those animals in together under cramped quarters? No antibiotics! Same for the humans on the ark!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2015, 08:02 AM
Let's be reasonable now. The ark is one thing. The age of Noah is another. There's no reason to try to make Ken demonstrate the whole Bible all at once.

I'll be mightily impressed if he can build an ark, to Biblical specifications, using bronze-age tools, put two of every unclean animal and seven of every clean animal and enough food for all of them (the carnivores can eat the clean animals as long as there are two of each kind remaining at the end of the year, but the herbivores and frugivores need enough food for the year) and keep it afloat in open water for even a day.

Since geographic distribution could be different then than now, I don't care how Ken gets the animals to his ark. I don't even care if he gets help building it, as long as bronze-age technology is used. After all, Noah might have had help from his extended family. He probably had a lot of great-great-great grandkids at that age.

Fact is, that thing's gonna sink to the bottom the instant it hits the water. Especially with all those elephants and wildebeest and hippos and all the rest running around it trying to keep away from the lions and the wolves and the Komodo dragons. Not to mention the T. Rex's,

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 1 user Likes daniel1948's post
29-03-2015, 08:34 AM
(28-03-2015 11:21 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-03-2015 10:28 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  Not before he fathers three sons after his 500th birthday. First things first. Tongue

Well Ham is the son of Noah so that means he is fairly old already.

Consider

no, Ham is the son and byproduct of processing Pig Meat
29-03-2015, 09:12 AM
The best description of him I've ever heard.

Spending your life waiting for the messiah to come and save the world is like waiting around for the straight piece to come in Tetris. Even if it comes, by that time you've accumulated a mountain of shit so high that you're fucked no matter what you do.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2015, 09:30 AM
Hell, Ham ain't just cheating on the construction of the boat, he's also taking extreme creative liberties with the animals.

[Image: giraffe-kind-model-1.jpg]

That's Ken Ham's giraffe, there. Looks a little more... compact. Almost as if these dipsticks recognize it'd be impossible to fit all the regular sized animals on the ark... Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like Esquilax's post
29-03-2015, 09:39 AM

Isn't there that business of "kinds" to go into? Maybe it's just not the Lord's will that Noah's boat be recreated? You steenking atheists ever think of that? Huh? Huh? Huh?

If there's anything that Ken Ham proves it's the truth of the saying "a fool and his money are soon parted" Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-03-2015, 09:44 AM
(29-03-2015 08:02 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  Let's be reasonable now. The ark is one thing. The age of Noah is another. There's no reason to try to make Ken demonstrate the whole Bible all at once.

I'll be mightily impressed if he can build an ark, to Biblical specifications, using bronze-age tools, put two of every unclean animal and seven of every clean animal and enough food for all of them (the carnivores can eat the clean animals as long as there are two of each kind remaining at the end of the year, but the herbivores and frugivores need enough food for the year) and keep it afloat in open water for even a day.

Since geographic distribution could be different then than now, I don't care how Ken gets the animals to his ark. I don't even care if he gets help building it, as long as bronze-age technology is used. After all, Noah might have had help from his extended family. He probably had a lot of great-great-great grandkids at that age.

Fact is, that thing's gonna sink to the bottom the instant it hits the water. Especially with all those elephants and wildebeest and hippos and all the rest running around it trying to keep away from the lions and the wolves and the Komodo dragons. Not to mention the T. Rex's,

I'd be impressed if he could have gotten my cat, Figaro, on an ark. As soon as Figaro knows I need to take him to the vet he runs off and hides somewhere mysterious for several hours.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
29-03-2015, 09:50 AM
(29-03-2015 09:30 AM)Esquilax Wrote:  Hell, Ham ain't just cheating on the construction of the boat, he's also taking extreme creative liberties with the animals.

[Image: giraffe-kind-model-1.jpg]

That's Ken Ham's giraffe, there. Looks a little more... compact. Almost as if these dipsticks recognize it'd be impossible to fit all the regular sized animals on the ark... Drinking Beverage

No, the long necks evolved later (but they were still the same kind)
Facepalm

Maybe he's using the apologetic that they were all very young animals so they were all small...

Maybe he's just a disingenuous moron

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP